Shift Swapping - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shift Swapping

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Quote the sop please. I was a supervisor and allowed it....

S.O. 01808.27 (V)(C)(4) "Unless there is an operational need, work hours shall not be adjusted for non-operational reasons..."

GEN 208.00 (V)(A)(4) "Work hours hall not be adjusted for non-operational reasons."

Doctor appointments, and the like, are not considered operational reasons.

Unregistered
    S.O. 01808.27 (V)(C)(4) "Unless there is an operational need, work hours shall not be adjusted for non-operational reasons..."

GEN 208.00 (V)(A)(4) "Work hours hall not be adjusted for non-operational reasons."

Doctor appointments, and the like, are not considered operational reasons.
    That’s exactly the point. Life happens, and we are already short on the road. If person A has to take off a day, why can’t he switch with person B to get that day filled? This way, the shift is covered and everyone is happy. If my child has a school play, and I can’t come in until 2100 that night, why can’t I stay until 0900 or come in at 1500 the next day? Again, we are short deputies, and there are people at this office who would prefer to work rather than burn their own time. There are zone partners who would rather have person B in person A’s spot rather than have no one. We are so quick to spend money on open zones, but no one wants to fill the zones with people who are willing and able to work. This makes no sense. The SOPs are antiquated and need to catch up with our future forward patches.

Unregistered
    My kid works at Chick Fil A and they do that. Maybe you should apply.
    Your a dumb azz

Unregistered
    I hate to say this, as a retired supervisor, but I was always opened minded and worked with the deputies on my squad. I also ensured that if I allowed them to come in at 0600 instead of 0700, or work a little late, I expected them to work and not log x6 and represent a negative image after being granted the ability to make up a few hours. Unfortunately, I have seen deputies take advantage of their supervisors, and the ones supervising them after hours and screw up the process for others. I am sure you have heard the term that some ruin it for others. It is not always the sheriff that dreams up rules to punish the patrol deputies. I use to tell my deputies they damn well better be working a call and not be doing anything that would cause others to throw stones at them, or me. By the way, I have also seen deputies drive to their houses while on calls at the end if their shift and finish writing reports while in their pajamas and having a ****tail. Like I said, some are always taking advantage of the system and the process. Direct deployment, seen abuse there, sure you have as well.

Unregistered
    I hate to say this, as a retired supervisor, but I was always opened minded and worked with the deputies on my squad. I also ensured that if I allowed them to come in at 0600 instead of 0700, or work a little late, I expected them to work and not log x6 and represent a negative image after being granted the ability to make up a few hours. Unfortunately, I have seen deputies take advantage of their supervisors, and the ones supervising them after hours and screw up the process for others. I am sure you have heard the term that some ruin it for others. It is not always the sheriff that dreams up rules to punish the patrol deputies. I use to tell my deputies they damn well better be working a call and not be doing anything that would cause others to throw stones at them, or me. By the way, I have also seen deputies drive to their houses while on calls at the end if their shift and finish writing reports while in their pajamas and having a ****tail. Like I said, some are always taking advantage of the system and the process. Direct deployment, seen abuse there, sure you have as well.
    There are always going to be people who find a way to skirt the system. I’m sure there are people who are currently skirting our system as it is now. Luckily, we have now have GPS, body cameras and a very enthusiastic lynch squad known as IA, to deal with those people. The needs of the many should outweigh the problems of the few, and right now, the majority needs bodies in empty zones.

Unregistered
    There are always going to be people who find a way to skirt the system. I’m sure there are people who are currently skirting our system as it is now. Luckily, we have now have GPS, body cameras and a very enthusiastic lynch squad known as IA, to deal with those people. The needs of the many should outweigh the problems of the few, and right now, the majority needs bodies in empty zones.
    IA is a lynch squad? Wow, that's a new one. They are fact finders only and have nothing to do with discipline.

Unregistered
    IA is a lynch squad? Wow, that's a new one. They are fact finders only and have nothing to do with discipline.
    Before the office starts passing out more purple kool-aid, let’s keep this train on the tracks headed toward shift swapping.

Unregistered
    Before the office starts passing out more purple kool-aid, let’s keep this train on the tracks headed toward shift swapping.
    Speaking of trains, anybody know how Chino is doing?

Ok, back to shift swapping... lol

Unregistered
    “Fact finders?” Someone is getting creative with their semantics.

Unregistered
    “Fact finders?” Someone is getting creative with their semantics.
    They typically get the facts and then work hard to protect those who they found out are at fault, AKA "People in the Network", these are normally the people that were not investigated initially... If you are one of the chosen you are fine and will be protected. If you have integrity they will get rid of you. It has happened many times, review the closed IA files and see what they have covered up to save some higher ups... Felonies were committed, lies were told, and they turn a blind eye, but don't commit a minor violation because they will rail road you...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast