Shift Swapping
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shift Swapping

Unregistered

Shift Swapping

Why can’t we shift swap like the fire department does? It would allow deputies to take time off and still have their spot covered. And why not allow people to alter their hours for doctor’s appointments and things that come up? Right now, if I have an appointment, or if my child does, I have to burn that time. That is time no one is working in my area. Why can’t I just come in late and work late? We are hurting for manpower on the road. Deputies are struggling to get off on time, so why not allow them to work late if they have to?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why can’t we shift swap like the fire department does? It would allow deputies to take time off and still have their spot covered. And why not allow people to alter their hours for doctor’s appointments and things that come up? Right now, if I have an appointment, or if my child does, I have to burn that time. That is time no one is working in my area. Why can’t I just come in late and work late? We are hurting for manpower on the road. Deputies are struggling to get off on time, so why not allow them to work late if they have to?
    My kid works at Chick Fil A and they do that. Maybe you should apply.

Unregistered
    This must depend on the district or the supervisor, because I have been allowed to adjust hours on the same work day many times by coming in late and staying late. It even helps with the dreadful evening shift change.

Shift swapping is an entirely different animal, but adjusting time in one shift does happen here with the right supervisor.

Unregistered
    This must depend on the district or the supervisor, because I have been allowed to adjust hours on the same work day many times by coming in late and staying late. It even helps with the dreadful evening shift change.

Shift swapping is an entirely different animal, but adjusting time in one shift does happen here with the right supervisor.

This is against S.O.P., although it is done. If they want to burn you, and the supervisor who approved it, they will.

Unregistered
    Quote the sop please. I was a supervisor and allowed it....

Unregistered

Not all supervisors allow it the altering of hours. We have 5 different Sheriff’s offices. And I think shift swapping would be great! Has this ever been tried before?

Unregistered
    This is against S.O.P., although it is done. If they want to burn you, and the supervisor who approved it, they will.
    No, adjusting hours is not against SOP. The only thing against SOP is burning accruals in the middle of a shift and returning to work.

Unregistered
    No, adjusting hours is not against SOP. The only thing against SOP is burning accruals in the middle of a shift and returning to work.
    Sooo, if I have to leave work for an emergency, I can’t come back and finish my shift? That seems like a waste of man hours.

Unregistered
    Because it makes sense, so it won’t be allowed!

Unregistered
    Ok, so if you have to take a couple of hours off mid shift you can not add hours mid shift. But if you work ot the same number of hours you took off by coming in early or late a day or two, it’s acceptable, right? I agree, depends how flexible your supervisor is.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast