Detention deputy DUI arrest - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    STFU you would probably screw your own mother moron!
    I’m the moron? How are you going to cover up a DUI Crash dummy? See how long until that gets you fired also fuktard.

Unregistered
    I’m the moron? How are you going to cover up a DUI Crash dummy? See how long until that gets you fired also fuktard.
    23 years on the job son and going strong still azzhole. Hmm cuff her put her azz in the back of the cruiser and drop her off home you idiot! Go finish your Kool aid princess!

Unregistered
    23 years on the job son and going strong still azzhole. Hmm cuff her put her azz in the back of the cruiser and drop her off home you idiot! Go finish your Kool aid princess!
    😂👍😂😂👍 Ok Buddy

Unregistered
    Hi ****weeds. This post has become idiotic. It’s been a hard fact for years now that if you are a deputy at PCSO and you get a DUI that you get fired. Blow .08 or higher, fired. Refuse to blow, your fired. It is what it is. This has nothing to do with thin blue courtesy or anything else. It sucks, it’s painful to deal with, but you didn’t put them in that position, they did. There are way too many options around to avoid a DUI. There is no excuse. If a new Sheriff comes in they can change that policy. Buts that’s how it is today. Deal with it.

Unregistered
    You are an idiot living in a different world. That may have worked 23 years ago but today that will get you unemployed.

Unregistered
    Being a retired Dep for many years now, I'm proud to say that I never self initiated another cops arrest. I never wrote another cop or his family, if I knew a self initiated citation. So what has changed? First, none of you give a damn about it each other. Wearing green and white meant something, greater than self. You are only renting that uniform, many generations have worn it before you and many will after you leave. What it stands for, is up to each generation to enforce and earn. Times have changed, so you have to change with it. The days of from the Sheriff on down tacitly supporting helping a brother out, is now if I catch you helping a brother out, I will fire you. The DUI policy clearly tells you whats going to happen if you are arrested, yet several people a year, still violate it. That's on them. There however has been several other incidences of dep's writing other Leo,s and retired members, citations. When its self initiated, and up to you, that should never happen.

Unregistered
    Being a retired Dep for many years now, I'm proud to say that I never self initiated another cops arrest. I never wrote another cop or his family, if I knew a self initiated citation. So what has changed? First, none of you give a damn about it each other. Wearing green and white meant something, greater than self. You are only renting that uniform, many generations have worn it before you and many will after you leave. What it stands for, is up to each generation to enforce and earn. Times have changed, so you have to change with it. The days of from the Sheriff on down tacitly supporting helping a brother out, is now if I catch you helping a brother out, I will fire you. The DUI policy clearly tells you whats going to happen if you are arrested, yet several people a year, still violate it. That's on them. There however has been several other incidences of dep's writing other Leo,s and retired members, citations. When its self initiated, and up to you, that should never happen.
    The brotherhood, is gone. Now, it's all about stats, pleasing the Sheriff and supervisors. Honesty, sometimes your hand are tied, on what action you can do. As, you stated self initiated stops is up to you. So, this should tell you the type of Deputies being hired now. This is a new give me generation and I will be noticed by the right people. Once years ago, something was said to me by a FTO, when we stopped a St. Pete cop. If you let him go and ticket the next driver for the same thing. Your in the wrong profession. I'm a bit slow and it took a little for it to sink in. So, being WRONG, I know it. If I let a fellow officer off and I will do the same for other non-officers, within reason. Yes, I got my azz chewed every so often over stats. Especially whenever we got a new supervisor or Lt. Still, couldn't change my ways. I know dumb right

Unregistered
    Inmates at least get due process and a fair trial. It's time to treat DUIs for what they are - an addiction. Members who get a DUI should be sent to treatment rather than be terminated on the spot.

According to the thin blue line you should never arrest a fellow deputy for DUI. We should stick together not backstab each other just because the sheriff is a lawyer with virtually no LEO experience and wants to fire everyone who gets a DUI or refuses to blow.

Unregistered
    Inmates at least get due process and a fair trial. It's time to treat DUIs for what they are - an addiction. Members who get a DUI should be sent to treatment rather than be terminated on the spot.

According to the thin blue line you should never arrest a fellow deputy for DUI. We should stick together not backstab each other just because the sheriff is a lawyer with virtually no LEO experience and wants to fire everyone who gets a DUI or refuses to blow.
    Or just dont drive drunk and you got no worries. Oh and the Sheriff has more LEO experience than you puzzy azz does on one hand. Stop with the lies and check yourself into rehab.

Unregistered
    There are literally a dozen apps available within seconds that will arrange you a ride. If you're old fashioned save a cab company's number in your phone. Hell, why not just abstain from drinking an DD your friends once in a while?

The fact is, you know the rules. It shouldn't take a policy to make you not drink and drive in Pinellas County. It's basic adult responsibility.

Honestly mistakes happen. But I don't have patience for anyone here that knows the policy getting hired, and drives drunk. Frankly if you are presumptive enough to EXPECT that someone cut you a break because of the job then I think I'd rather not work with you. You're immature frankly, and you're probably violating other policy that will eventually threaten my job and my familys livelihood.

With regard to substance abuse. I genuinely doubt that the majority of DUI cases are the boogie man closeted PTSD scenario that you drunk apologists are making it out to be. There are multiple avenues provided by the agency to address that without a blanket green light for members to drink and drive.

Oddly enough I wonder how many of you old-timers giving us the lecture on "looking out for eachother" and so on, are the same geezers pissing and moaning about the dangers of chasing cars and spewing the "what if it was your family that gets hit by the poor old car thief or suspended driver" line. Well what if a member of your family gets creamed by once of these fabled "substance abuse" sob stories driving out of Mickey Quinn's or Time Out? Does the same asinine logic apply?

I don't think so. Not in 2019 with Uber, Lyft, and a hundred other viable options that millions of responsible adults use literally every day. I would hope that a Deputy Sherriff would fall into the "responsible adult" category.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast