Can we write this off? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    When the Chief adjusts your shifts on Memorial Day and you go from 39 hours OT to 9 you will be like WTF?!?! No wonder we got a 0-1-1. You guys are idiots.
    We got 0-1-1 raises because the leadership of our union are a couple of lap dogs who are owned by the city and the administration!!

Unregistered
    If you got a 0-1-1, it’s because you are a moron who cannot do math. Additionally, I am sure you weren’t at any of the negotiation meetings and you voted yes. I am looking forward to you keyboard bad asses to run for union President. I cannot wait.

Unregistered
    No one is complaining about working on the weekend. You obviously do not have weekends off or you would get it. But don’t worry you will have 2 weeks in March to have another opportunity to figure it out what they are doing.
    Maybe at this point in your career you are thinking to yourself that maybe being a cop is not what you should have done. You could always resign, go be a banker since you are so financially savvy and just collect your pension when you turn 50. I’ll be more than happy to take your days off and know that every once in a while I may have to be flexible about when I HAVE TO WORK. Entitled cry baby.

Unregistered
    I think the contract was “ok” but manipulating days off to avoid paying OT should never be an acceptable practice. And yes. This is going to open a door that will never be closed. But I’m sure those fat cats on the DROP don’t give a crap about the rest of us. They collected 41 hours OT on every long weekend. Sad day at the MBPD.

Unregistered
    I think the contract was “ok” but manipulating days off to avoid paying OT should never be an acceptable practice. And yes. This is going to open a door that will never be closed. But I’m sure those fat cats on the DROP don’t give a crap about the rest of us. They collected 41 hours OT on every long weekend. Sad day at the MBPD.
    Under your premise I see no problem with it. You are a skinny cat that one day too will be in the drop and can collect your 41 hours. You realize the least anyone will have to work is like 50 hours of OT PLUS OFF DUTY? When is enough enough?

Unregistered
    Allowing the brass to swap days off to save OT is crazy.

Unregistered
    What days off are being “swapped”?

Unregistered
    What days off are being “swapped”?
    If you can’t figure it out then you are the reason why we get screwed all the time.

I’ll give you a clue. OT doesn’t start till you have worked 40 hours. So if you are are off FSS and they force you to take off TW, WT OR TT, you will not begin to Make OT until you work your 40 hours. The City screwed you out of 20 hours OT.

If you can’t figure it out now then I suggest you go back to elementary school.

Unregistered
    They are swapping OT for straight time. And Steve of all people selling this is what makes it hilarious. The Union has lost all credibility when it comes to looking out for our best interests.

Unregistered
    But if you had FSS AND you get the two days off SS it’s still the same amount of hours. I had the same question and I thought the answer makes sense. The days off changing aren’t changing the number of hours. Unless you want to work all 14 days.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast