999 hcfr/ems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 999 hcfr/ems

Unregistered

999 hcfr/ems

Why the heck are responding to so many 999 calls for ems/hcfr, when no laws were broken? I'm not talking about 671s where the closest first responder might save a life. But an actually 999, without a 671, and where no laws are broken.

4 out of 5 times when we respond to these, the fire fighters/paramedics look surprised to see us and say they never requested HCSO, despite what the calls for service say. What a waste of resources.

Unregistered
    Sounds like a supervisor problem, cancel the call

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sounds like a supervisor problem, cancel the call

Why are these calls even entered into the HCSO system in the first place? No need to cancel these calls if they're never dispatched. Just more wasted resources.

"911 what's your emergency?"
    "Um yes, the wind is blowing so I'd like a deputy to come out to investigate and document that fact please..."

Unregistered
    Why are these calls even entered into the HCSO system in the first place? No need to cancel these calls if they're never dispatched. Just more wasted resources.

"911 what's your emergency?"
    "Um yes, the wind is blowing so I'd like a deputy to come out to investigate and document that fact please..."
    No one cares what you think that’s why you’re a peon.

Unregistered
    I would bet that if someone addressed the matter with Colonel Bradford, he would correct it countywide with the Communications Center. He is a pretty reasonable man.

Unregistered
    This has been mentioned many times on this site and you’d think deputies who work here would understand this, but apparently not. Calltakers/dispatchers are civilians who answer the call and enter the information into the system. Law enforcement supervisors have the responsibility to review those calls and cancel them. That’s on your supervisors for continuing to let those calls get dispatched. Don’t blame our civilians who simply obtain and input the information provided by the caller.

Unregistered
    I would bet that if someone addressed the matter with Colonel Bradford, he would correct it countywide with the Communications Center. He is a pretty reasonable man.
    You want the Colonel over investigations to resolve a department of patrol services issue?

Unregistered
    Ok, sorry, I retired. Get you patrol colonel to get involved, Robinson? Cut me some slack, I was trying to help. And oh by the way, it use to be BH in charge of the Comm Center. I am sure the appropriate colonel and BH can discuss the appropriate protocol.

Unregistered
    This has been mentioned many times on this site and you’d think deputies who work here would understand this, but apparently not. Calltakers/dispatchers are civilians who answer the call and enter the information into the system. Law enforcement supervisors have the responsibility to review those calls and cancel them. That’s on your supervisors for continuing to let those calls get dispatched. Don’t blame our civilians who simply obtain and input the information provided by the caller.
    I have to respectfully disagree. Are you saying ALL calls are approved by patrols supervisors BEFORE they are dispatched? I believe all calls are dispatched BEFORE supervisors find out about them. Then, if the supervisors are not X6 on several clusterfukcs, they might notice the non law enforcement calls go out and cancel them. It shouldn't be this way, because often the supervisors are legitimately busy as SHIiTT, and cant catch every call that goes out. Then deputies have to get with their supervisors AGAIN (making the supervisors even more busy), to have them look at calls. What a waste of resources.

Maybe their should be a patrol supervisor position that reviews calls for service BEFORE they are dispatched. I imagine that would cut down on 99% of this problem.

Unregistered

Cancel the Call

I have to respectfully disagree. Are you saying ALL calls are approved by patrols supervisors BEFORE they are dispatched? I believe all calls are dispatched BEFORE supervisors find out about them. Then, if the supervisors are not X6 on several clusterfukcs, they might notice the non law enforcement calls go out and cancel them. It shouldn't be this way, because often the supervisors are legitimately busy as SHIiTT, and cant catch every call that goes out. Then deputies have to get with their supervisors AGAIN (making the supervisors even more busy), to have them look at calls. What a waste of resources.

Maybe their should be a patrol supervisor position that reviews calls for service BEFORE they are dispatched. I imagine that would cut down on 99% of this problem.
    Comm center has always had this obsession with clearing (dispatching) all calls on the board. This, coupled with the call takers only asking cursory questions causes excessive calls for service being taken. The street supervisors should monitor the calls, question the questionable ones, and cancel when necessary. Of course they will get an unfavorable reputation with the Comm center but this ain't no popularity contest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast