We are doomed

Thread: We are doomed

Unregistered

We are doomed

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/r...h-tpd-officers

So Dugan calls the NAACP to give them a heads up!! Yup this is our leader. Keep your head down and find a tree. Wait till BWC ‘s come.

Unregistered
    This place is really going down hill.

Unregistered
    You're right. With young officers treating people like this, we're definitely doomed. If you're getting mother****ed by someone, by all means assert yourself. But if you can't flip that switch on and off, and know when to do so, it's time to find a different job.

Getting tailed and stopped by an unmarked car is going to freak an average person out, whether you think it should or not. ACTUALLY be the bigger man and exercise some restraint when you interact with them. They could have had this guy calmed down in 30 seconds, but they didn't want to calm him down. They wanted to reinforce their belief that he was an asshole. And for what? To be YouTube stars?

Unregistered
    I agree bunch of jr officers on SAC when they don’t even know how to be cops yet. I know at least some of them had less than a few years on patrol. But it does concern me our chief calls activists to give them a heads up about it. Make no mistake this place will Jam you up. Not saying these morons don’t deserve it, referring to other incidents

Unregistered

Fto issue

That’s what you get when you have rookies training rookies. Our FTO program is a failure and needs to be changed. The department fails our new officers with our current FTO program.

Unregistered

Not all rooks are bad

I watched the entire video and yes, these guys really went a long way to make us all look like douche bags except for one. There was one that I felt was trying to be professional and explain the situation to the father. JL means well and treats people right. The douchebag that made the comments about wishing he could help the kids but they are “too far gone?” Seriously man? You really think that’s something to say to the public? Juvenile, adult, black, white, old, young? Really? It did nothing to enhance or help the situation and you really look like an immature punk. Grow the hell up and get over yourself. I would say that a couple of you hot shots need to put away your molle vests and “punisher” mag pouches and hop in a cruiser to shag some calls for a few years. Then maybe, when you’ve learned how to treat people - all people, you can be re-evaluated to see if you have earned that high speed operator vest and spike strips to put behind peoples tires when you pull them over.

I have to agree with the other posts. Kids training kids just doesn’t seem to be working out for us. We have FTOs with two or three whole years of police experience with no prior and you didn’t think this was going to happen? Again, not all rookies or young inexperienced FTOs are bad. If you remember in-service this year, the driving training videos they used are a perfect example of this. One video showed how not to drive from a since fired rookie who should have never been hired. The other showed textbook driving and decision making from another. Two rookies, two completely different levels of competence and maturity. I hope they don’t punish this group (from the video) as a whole, but identify and deal with those who made us look bad and failed to remember how we are supposed to treat people.

Unregistered
    Might want to check Dept policy and training that restricts traffic stops by cool cars. You were given cool cars for plainclothes work not conducting traffic stops. Then after the traffic stop has been made, cool cars keep pulling up with emergency lights going. Way to burn the cars genius this way everyone will know them the next tome you need to do surveillance.

Unregistered
    As others have said, FTO is the problem. There are rookies training rookies. Many specialty spots are filled with people that barely did any patrol time. The department needs to provide more incentives to have MPOs be FTOs. FTO on days is a step in the right direction, but a financial incentive is needed more.

Unregistered
    I’m completely on board that inexperienced/ immature officers should not be on SAC or any plain clothes assignment for that matter. That being said. I have come from a different agency and the downfall of patrol is you piece of sh*t MPOs who sit under a tree and do absolutely nothing. Why should the agency want to to train anyone? If we have an outstanding need to find every free meal in the city then yes by all means make MPO the first line of training officers. If not then be more selective in which training officers we have and incentivize it ten fold with the stipulation that if your a slug then you don’t get a spot at the table. Also stop with these “sponsored” classes! They’re nothing but headaches for the agency and to the cops that eventually have to work with them in the road. If you can’t hack it and your a sh*t PO then you WILL be a sh*t cop.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This place is really going down hill.
    HCSO redux😉 Ihr seid alle verfluchte Hunde!