Hidden River Shooting means even less K9 units available... for a while - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    We don’t even have enough deputies to fill the zones on the road, so where are the k9 deputies going to come from? Every night, D2 gets slammed so hard, that day shift can’t get off on time, sometimes staying an hour or two past shift with 15 calls holding.
    Sounds like “Top Heavy” Administration needs to pitch in and go out on patrol. Dust off their pistols and hit the streets with you all! Didn’t Sheriff Gee do this sometimes, without social media riding shotgun 🧐

Unregistered
    In the past, it was a requirement for all upper staff to substantiate they still qualifies for high hazard benefits. They would have to work a shift a few times a year. They quickly realized they couldn’t do the job and discontinued the requirement.

Unregistered
    In the past, it was a requirement for all upper staff to substantiate they still qualifies for high hazard benefits. They would have to work a shift a few times a year. They quickly realized they couldn’t do the job and discontinued the requirement.
    I'm not a fan of Chad's but I will say this. He is beefing up patrol, a little at a time. I've also noticed patrol is not responding to as many things as they used to. Whether it be supervisors who are beginning to say "no, we're not going to that," or CSAs taking more reports on the phone, I'm beginning to see a difference.

That being said, the idea of putting one K9 deputy in every district, plus one floater, is certainly do-able. It is also needed. Being that Chad is beefing up patrol, and beginning to make things a tad easier (but only a tad so far) for deputies already on the road, I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen down the road.

Unregistered
    I'm not a fan of Chad's but I will say this. He is beefing up patrol, a little at a time. I've also noticed patrol is not responding to as many things as they used to. Whether it be supervisors who are beginning to say "no, we're not going to that," or CSAs taking more reports on the phone, I'm beginning to see a difference.

That being said, the idea of putting one K9 deputy in every district, plus one floater, is certainly do-able. It is also needed. Being that Chad is beefing up patrol, and beginning to make things a tad easier (but only a tad so far) for deputies already on the road, I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen down the road.
    And the kool aid drinking miscreants say the Brass don’t t monitor this site! Bull$hit. They do. To bad it takes complaining on a public forum for shite to get done. 👎🏼

Unregistered
    Excellent point.

Where are they going to come from? I'll tell you where. From our already overstaffed fluff positions. WE ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH DEPUTIES to fully fill every patrol slot, the potential 24 canine slots, every A.I. slot, every Xray slot, and every other slot that answers calls for service. We just choose not to put deputies in these slots.

We refuse to fully staff, or "overstaff" as the o.p. suggested, positions that answer calls for service. But we already have enough deputies to do so. And, we are hiring patrol deputies 30+ at a time, every few months or so.

Citizens and deputies alike should demand more from our leaders. "Hold them to a higher standard."
    EXACTLY THIS!! We do have the manpower? Its there! The problem is all the BS pointless positions filled with friends and family of brass and politicians or people they are banging. They keep all the favorites out of danger. Also the BS departments and fluff units. Too many deputies carrying guns collecting hazard pay, yet have not been anywhere near a hazardous situation in decades. Meanwhile only a few are the actual first responders that makes scenes safe for everyone else and take the absolute brunt of the danger and PTSD causing exposure. All while these front line positions are neglected in exchange for more useless toys, districts, and new positions for friends and family. K9 units benefit the real cops, real detective units, and citizens. So its low priority. Your deputies are human beings! Not robots! Not machines! They are people with families and personal matters. The way you run this agency and deploy our deputies causes them to develop dates of expiration. This can not be maintained! I single no one out. The problem is the agency’s senior managers collectively. By operating off of an old archaic paradigm that just gets passed on over and over and does not change because of this agencies cancerous group thing mentality and not enough people with the balls to change it.

Unregistered
    EXACTLY THIS!! We do have the manpower? Its there! The problem is all the BS pointless positions filled with friends and family of brass and politicians or people they are banging. They keep all the favorites out of danger. Also the BS departments and fluff units. Too many deputies carrying guns collecting hazard pay, yet have not been anywhere near a hazardous situation in decades. Meanwhile only a few are the actual first responders that makes scenes safe for everyone else and take the absolute brunt of the danger and PTSD causing exposure. All while these front line positions are neglected in exchange for more useless toys, districts, and new positions for friends and family. K9 units benefit the real cops, real detective units, and citizens. So its low priority. Your deputies are human beings! Not robots! Not machines! They are people with families and personal matters. The way you run this agency and deploy our deputies causes them to develop dates of expiration. This can not be maintained! I single no one out. The problem is the agency’s senior managers collectively. By operating off of an old archaic paradigm that just gets passed on over and over and does not change because of this agencies cancerous group thing mentality and not enough people with the balls to change it.
    Name one useless sworn position at HCSO that you've mentioned above. I'll wait.

Unregistered
    Name one useless sworn position at HCSO that you've mentioned above. I'll wait.
    Jerry Carey’s position as Corporal Social Media Photographer.

Unregistered
    Corporal of social media? I have many pointless positions in mind, but I had no idea that existed. Unbelievable.

Unregistered
    How about our own TV reporters? Why do we need that?

How much you want to bet the new admin department and social media section are not short handed like patrol and detectives are?

Unregistered
    You have just proven my point. You have absolutely no idea what his job entails, but he does much more than you will ever know. Even if he did nothing, you provided 1 sworn position you believe to be obsolete out of what, about 1500 sworn?

With that mentality, I'm guess you think the downtown DPS admin corporal does nothing as well? You'd be completely wrong about that one, too.

The problem here is people who know nothing outside of their little circle think they know everything, when the reality is you have no idea what goes on above your pay grade or outside of your assignment.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast