Chiefs experience. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I predict he will be one of the best chiefs we have ever had. Think about where we have been as an agency. Appreciate where we are headed. Great times ahead for us.

Unregistered
    Because he will not do anything and we will never see him. The majors will continue to run everything why the chief plays golf with the secretary.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Look internal??? Who??? No one internally applied!
    I find this offensive and without merit. There was no encouragement for any of the 6 people inside that would be excellent chiefs to apply. The opposite was true. The system is flawed and no one wants to deal with the truth. Any agency that can't groom, mentor and encourage its people to move up is a complete failure in every measurable standard. We are getting new Malibu beverage cruisers so that is good.

Unregistered
    The Malibu’s are awesome. Trucks would be better and are almost the same price on state contract yet the director doesn’t want us to be happy

Unregistered
    When will the new chief actually start ? I’ll stay optimistic

Unregistered
    When will the new chief actually start ? I’ll stay optimistic
    You be as optimistic as you want, but that doesn't change the fact that if they didn't care about qualifications then they should have opened it up for all of us internally. Why go outside to hire this nobody?

Unregistered
    Might I ask who internally who wasn’t qualified to apply before woukd be the ideal Chief now?

Unregistered
    Might I ask who internally who wasn’t qualified to apply before woukd be the ideal Chief now?
    Based on your writing, clearly not you. If that's what you are trying to ask.

Unregistered
    No one internally would have put in knowing historically a chief last 1.5 years. Let's give the man a chance before we say he's terrible. Might be a good thing he has never held a management position.

Unregistered
    No one internally would have put in knowing historically a chief last 1.5 years. Let's give the man a chance before we say he's terrible. Might be a good thing he has never held a management position.
    I agree. I mean we hire captains with zero relevant experience. Lieutenants and majors too. Experience is overrated and not even needed when you aren't required to make decisions.

Overlord: "Make it so"

Chief: "By your command it is so"

Chief-the easiest job ever.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast