Chiefs experience.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Chiefs experience.

I’m lost. The job positing required 15 years experience as a LEO supervisor also requires experience at the rank of captain or above and experience with a regulatory agency. This guy has been an investigator at the SAO since 2001; has never held a supervisory role. HOW IS BE THE CHIEF?????

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m lost. The job positing required 15 years experience as a LEO supervisor also requires experience at the rank of captain or above and experience with a regulatory agency. This guy has been an investigator at the SAO since 2001; has never held a supervisory role. HOW IS BE THE CHIEF?????
    FWC Jan '01 - May '06
    SAO May '06 - ???

Unregistered
    A new broom sweeps clean.
    You are looking at this all wrong. I agree the posting for the position indicated we were looking for a law enforcement officer to lead the agency. It also indicated we needed someone with real supervisor experience and a whole list of abilities. That obviously changed. Someone saw something in this chosen one that caused a change in attitude. Give him a chance to drain the swamp. If I was a non-contributor to what will obviously be a new era of greatness, I would rethink my process.

Unregistered
    So a guy with absolutely no supervisory or leadership experience and little to no relevant experience got the job as our chief? If they didn't care about qualifications why didn't they interview and promote one of us?

Unregistered
    I'm hoping this guy comes in as a "cop" because he's never been a boss and lets you guys do your job, listens to the guys in the field about what's needed, etc. What can I say...I've always been an optimist. I'm the guy who started the "I don't get how you guys aren't living the dream" thread awhile back, and, as a small City cop, I have no dog in this fight, I've just always thought your agency was a pretty unique niche of LE. Stay safe guys and girls. Good luck.

Unregistered
    I'm hoping this guy comes in as a "cop" because he's never been a boss and lets you guys do your job, listens to the guys in the field about what's needed, etc. What can I say...I've always been an optimist. I'm the guy who started the "I don't get how you guys aren't living the dream" thread awhile back, and, as a small City cop, I have no dog in this fight, I've just always thought your agency was a pretty unique niche of LE. Stay safe guys and girls. Good luck.
    That would be nice except he hasn't even been a real cop. A few years with FWC and a "investigator " with the SAO. He ran for sheriff and was a failure, I guarantee he has an axe to grind or is going to do whatever it takes to make a name for himself.

Unregistered
    I believe The guy is over his head. This is total bs

Unregistered
    I believe The guy is over his head. This is total bs
    Why don't we give the guy a chance. I mean all he has to do is wake up and show up to work to be better than TC, VC, FF, or any of the other "fixers" that have come through this place we call FDABT. He may be the type of guy that's for the team! Before you crucify my comments, I want to clarify that I have no knowledge of this young man or his pedigree. I just know that we have had some WINNERS here and it won't take much for his to be better than the NORM!!!!!

Unregistered
    Look internal??? Who??? No one internally applied!

Unregistered
    Why would anyone internally apply for that? Everyone internal knows the chief only lasts about 1.5 years, this guy included, so why bother?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast