Tony gets it done
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Tony gets it done

So, here's my take and i,m not DLE or DOD I have a role outside of that but have worked both for the current and the former Sheriff and have interacted with both as well as command staff. Isreal had some good people (Dale, Harrington, Dimaggio, Polan etc) as does Tony (Holmes, Hale, Reyes etc). Did both make promotions based on considerations other than merit-yes but this happens in every business. No matter who the Sheriff is it is a fact of life that they need to get elected and reelected or the job and most of the staff is gone. That is just a fact of life when you are a politician and make no mistake that's what this job is and unless the votes are there the job is not. The days of old time law and order cop in Broward are over and have been for the last few cycles. I tend to discount all the political stunts that one does to get noticed by the electorate. Six months ago I thought Israel was a shoe in to get his job back-now I say its Tony's to lose. Tony speaks well in public, has a commanding presence and is able to relate to everyday folks. He got RTCC done, moved active shooter training and is building a training center for BSO as well as showing a genuine interest in staff. BSO is a funny place to work as there are many different agendas running at the same time-try to figure them out is a full time game. Who does the Sheriff trust? i cant answer that but I can imagine how difficult it is to try....

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So, here's my take and i,m not DLE or DOD I have a role outside of that but have worked both for the current and the former Sheriff and have interacted with both as well as command staff. Isreal had some good people (Dale, Harrington, Dimaggio, Polan etc) as does Tony (Holmes, Hale, Reyes etc). Did both make promotions based on considerations other than merit-yes but this happens in every business. No matter who the Sheriff is it is a fact of life that they need to get elected and reelected or the job and most of the staff is gone. That is just a fact of life when you are a politician and make no mistake that's what this job is and unless the votes are there the job is not. The days of old time law and order cop in Broward are over and have been for the last few cycles. I tend to discount all the political stunts that one does to get noticed by the electorate. Six months ago I thought Israel was a shoe in to get his job back-now I say its Tony's to lose. Tony speaks well in public, has a commanding presence and is able to relate to everyday folks. He got RTCC done, moved active shooter training and is building a training center for BSO as well as showing a genuine interest in staff. BSO is a funny place to work as there are many different agendas running at the same time-try to figure them out is a full time game. Who does the Sheriff trust? i cant answer that but I can imagine how difficult it is to try....
    I could pick this crap you are trying to sell us all day long. Let’s start with the former Sheriff’s people. out of all four maybe DiMaggio had some respect the rest were cronies looking for a paycheck. When the sh*t hit the fan at the airport and MSD their true colors and experienced was exposed. Now the current Sheriff Holmes is a yes man, Hale is decent Reyes is a bum.

Let’s just end this here and lets see what other’s think before I pick the rest of your post apart.

Unregistered
    Very well said but they won't read this because you are making too much sense. They should not forget that Tony promoted these folks from BSO and didn't bring in a bunch from CSPD which would have been the easier option.

Unregistered
    He shows genuine interest in staff?? What are you smoking ? He has single handedly ruined the family's of soo many deputies.

Unregistered
    RTCC bwahahaha

Real Time Crime Center

what have they done?

Unregistered
    Mmmmmm.....I love the bso koolaid! Time for daily enema of bso goodness!

Unregistered
    RTCC bwahahaha

Real Time Crime Center

what have they done?
    RTCC was started way before Tony arrived. Same with Training Center. His active shooter training consisted of an MMA fighter kicking the crap out of deputies.

Bottom line, every Sheriff is a politician. It is the command staff who run the place. The more the Sheriff stays out of day to day decisions, the better.

Unregistered
    RTCC was started way before Tony arrived. Same with Training Center. His active shooter training consisted of an MMA fighter kicking the crap out of deputies.

Bottom line, every Sheriff is a politician. It is the command staff who run the place. The more the Sheriff stays out of day to day decisions, the better.
    sure the RTCC was started way before....The RTCC was all Scott's idea... The training center was all Scott's idea as well.

More amazing leadership from a great leader.....Everything great at BSO was Scott's idea...Every failure someone elses idea

Unregistered
    TT does nothing but take credit for things he hasn’t done or accomplished. He has become Israel 2,0.

Unregistered

It’s all true that RTCC and Training Center were conceived under Israel, but Tony is the one who delivered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast