UPS Shootout - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UPS Shootout

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Typical statement by a coward punk cop
    Cause only cops come on here and stir the pot. Half of the time it’s people who don’t even work for our agency that come on here and start shit. I know. I have a friend that does it all the time. Guess what? He doesn’t work for MDPD either.

Unregistered
    I find it sad that some people actually feel vindicated about the fact the the subject “fired first”, as if this was justification to send a hailstorm of bullets to anyone in that truck. It only shows just how much you DONT know about tactics. The fact that subject even shot is totally irrelevant. The truck should not have been approached....... period!

The Director can try to lie over and over again to the media, and try to justify the whole thing to save his own a&$, but it was wrong. Any person with half a brain and a semi tactical background knows it. It’s basics 101. Why not hire a consultant from any other state in the country?

Truth be told, I really don’t even think that the Director even knows just how wrong and stupid he sounds. This is just another example of just how arrogant and ignorant he is.
    If you’d pay attention at annual you’d know we already hired an outside agency to review our use of force policy.....

Unregistered
    If you’d pay attention at annual you’d know we already hired an outside agency to review our use of force policy.....
    WHY? Admitting MDPD has hired an outside agency to review its Use of Force Policy (UFP) is an admission that those leading the agency are totally clueless as to what must comprise a cogent UFP.

For decades MDPD's UFP has withstood the political pressures of time, for one single reason, its simplicity and most importantly, its adherence to State Statute Chapter 776 and US Supreme Court Decision, like Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1 (1985).

Adding superfluous Dos and Don'ts verbiage, only adds to the confusion and eventual officer hesitation, when he or she must use Deadly Force to save his or her life. As asserted below, the equation is simple:

(2) A person and the Florida Supreme Court in State v. Peraza stated: "Simply put, a law enforcement officer is a 'person' whether on duty or off, and irrespective of whether the officer is making an arrest," is justified in using or threatening to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes that using or threatening to use such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the imminent commission of a forcible felony.

Granted, the dynamics in the UPS shootout are totally different from previous cases, as each case is a unique universe of variables that dictate how a police officer responds to a Use of Force situation. No UFP in our Nation's police forces or crafted think tanks policies can capture and codify Common Sense. That is an exclusive human cognitive process that is exercised or not; particularly under stressful situations.

MDPD has spent millions of dollars in Shoot-Don't Shoot simulators to train officers in shooting discipline. As it pertains to the UPS shootout, it appears more needs to be done.

Unregistered
    Yeah on how it's used against liberal minorities. Not for firing into a ups truck.

Unregistered
    I find it sad that some people actually feel vindicated about the fact the the subject “fired first”, as if this was justification to send a hailstorm of bullets to anyone in that truck. It only shows just how much you DONT know about tactics. The fact that subject even shot is totally irrelevant. The truck should not have been approached....... period!

The Director can try to lie over and over again to the media, and try to justify the whole thing to save his own a&$, but it was wrong. Any person with half a brain and a semi tactical background knows it. It’s basics 101. Why not hire a consultant from any other state in the country?

Truth be told, I really don’t even think that the Director even knows just how wrong and stupid he sounds. This is just another example of just how arrogant and ignorant he is.
    No one is talking about vindication and anytime an innocent person dies in any police response it is extremely unfortunate. The fact that the violent criminals fired first only sheds light to that fact because many people are providing opinions about how this should have been handled without all of the facts. Learn the facts then critique away in order to improve training and responses, but do it from a factual standpoint.

Much like the former Chief of Miami stating that he would have evacuated all of the civilians prior to engaging in a tactical response, which sounds great but that would not have even come close to being possible in the scenario. I would like to ask him exactly how he would have done this while the criminals shot at him and the civilians. As for the amount of bullets, I was not in the shoes of the individual officer who decided to shoot and until I have more facts I cannot pass judgement on their actions. Too bad you’re not one of those people with half a tactical mind. Next.

Unregistered
    Yeah on how it's used against liberal minorities. Not for firing into a ups truck.
    If you've got to weak of a stomach to do what's needed, do us all a favor and turn in your badge and gun and become a defense attorney.

Unregistered
    If you've got to weak of a stomach to do what's needed, do us all a favor and turn in your badge and gun and become a defense attorney.
    Jesus you f*****g goons glorifying shooting into the ups truck and killing the hostage are F***ked in the head.

#goonsquad

This is a sad mentality that the academy is spitting out now days.

Unregistered
    The officers at that scene were minorities, do your research again, stop blaming anglos for everything, you racist POS!

Unregistered
    The officers at that scene were minorities, do your research again, stop blaming anglos for everything, you racist POS!
    apparently you need to work on your reading comprehension, the poster wasnt referring to any minorities on the shooting scene.. or are you projecting your racism on others?

Unregistered
    apparently you need to work on your reading comprehension, the poster wasnt referring to any minorities on the shooting scene.. or are you projecting your racism on others?
    Steadman Stahl endorses Trump 2020🇺🇸

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast