Officer safety HAHA - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Radios have a great range but yet feel like a toy from Walmart. Regardless of what brand or model they suck you can’t understand what anyone is saying I feel like if I am playing guess who every time a transmission is broadcasted. Not only are the officers lost so are the dispatchers themselves saying it over the air that they can’t understand what we are saying. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist, mechanical engineer or even LT, FTL, Higher education, DR, PHD, Professor Conrad Chin-Quee to figure out that we have an officer safety issue on our hands with these new radios. Instead we are worried about BWC audits, categorizing our videos and making sure we are buffering.

Unregistered
    They do have a great range that's a plus but they sound robotic like a walkie talkie you can't identified people's voices anymore that's an officer safety issue. The white light stays on all the time and every time someone transmits the green light comes on that can be seen a block away , another safety issue specially at night . The radio is very light made out plastic , the battery is staring to get hot because is drawing much power for such a small battery .The vehicle charger is the size of a box , don't know why so big . There's a delay of two seconds while using the lapel , another officer safety issue.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    They do have a great range that's a plus but they sound robotic like a walkie talkie you can't identified people's voices anymore that's an officer safety issue. The white light stays on all the time and every time someone transmits the green light comes on that can be seen a block away , another safety issue specially at night . The radio is very light made out plastic , the battery is staring to get hot because is drawing much power for such a small battery .The vehicle charger is the size of a box , don't know why so big . There's a delay of two seconds while using the lapel , another officer safety issue.
    While you do have some valid points with your post however I do like the fact that the radio is super light weight and I can transmit from almost 595 in Broward. Regarding the car charger who cares I don’t even have that installed I charge it every morning when I get home. Hopefully the batteries create a memory and they have to replace them sooner than later. The delay is with any digital radio that’s life we want something with more range we have to give something up in exchange. I don’t know what you mean about the battery getting hot that hasn’t happen to me yet.

Unregistered
    If it's not broke why fix it? Someone must have gotten a little change in their pocket in order to implement a new radio system that doesn't work. Wait until an officer gets injured or killed because no one can hear his or her Transmissions. Further proof that this Administration only cares about themselves and not their subordinates
    Officer safety haha

Unregistered
    Officer safety haha
    The catch line of 2019 Officer Safety, it was used by staff for the GPS, it was used by the officers claiming the bright light gives their positions away. What will the new 2020 slogan be, “Will the real FOP president please stand up”.

Unregistered
    Tremenda mierda 🤦🏽*♂️

Unregistered
    Radios have a great range but yet feel like a toy from Walmart. Regardless of what brand or model they suck you can’t understand what anyone is saying I feel like if I am playing guess who every time a transmission is broadcasted. Not only are the officers lost so are the dispatchers themselves saying it over the air that they can’t understand what we are saying. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist, mechanical engineer or even LT, FTL, Higher education, DR, PHD, Professor Conrad Chin-Quee to figure out that we have an officer safety issue on our hands with these new radios. Instead we are worried about BWC audits, categorizing our videos and making sure we are buffering.
    “Great range?” Papo, they don’t work in the police college next door.

Unregistered
    Overpriced plastic walkie talkie

Unregistered
    Overpriced plastic walkie talkie
    So is the FOP going to address the issue with the radios or are they just going to stand around and do the same thing they did with the vehicle GPS, NOTHING.

Unregistered
    So is the FOP going to address the issue with the radios or are they just going to stand around and do the same thing they did with the vehicle GPS, NOTHING.
    As soon as they are done with Monday night football party super bowl party and god know what other fricken party. They might just get to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast