Newbs on the chopping block

Unregistered

Newbs on the chopping block

The comments have been made and other people in the room, laughed and found it amusing to be inevitably harsh and create an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating and offensive work environment for them (Probationary Police Officers). They won’t complain with the fear of being fired but I prefer to address it on non official public forum.

W.B. Does a disservice to our Officers fresh out of the academy. If your not going to train them then stop complaining and continue to fail them. How soon we forget when we were once rookies.

P.S. I heard that all Black people do not enjoy Watermelon, Arizona iced tea and fried chicken macho!

Unregistered
    That has to be ignored. Guy makes ill jokes about everyone. Don’t think it’s intentional.

Unregistered
    Hey some PPO’s have to go through the ringer a little bit. Check out the mannequin in front of roll call lmfao. We went through worst.

Unregistered
    If these PPOs feelings are getting hurt then I think they are in the wrong line of work. Better suck it up there buttercups and grow a thicker skin.. your going to get much more abuse from the public then from within the department. If you cant handle other co-workers taking jabs at you, then you certainly will not be able to handle the public. If you are going to cry then time to seek an alternate career better suited for you.

Speaking of dealing with the public, when will the dept's hiring process stop hiring book smart tiny humans and hire real PPOs that have some height & weight on them with street smarts not 4 yr college degree wonders. Time to hire REAL cops that can handle their own out there on the street cause otherwise they are just another casualty waiting to happen when its time to go hands on with the 38. the last thing other officers need is having to fight or roll around with some 38 and the 15 responding to your 15 is a 100 pound tiny beagle or some other useless officer that just stands there and watches too afraid to get into the mix and go hands on when needed.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If these PPOs feelings are getting hurt then I think they are in the wrong line of work. Better suck it up there buttercups and grow a thicker skin.. your going to get much more abuse from the public then from within the department. If you cant handle other co-workers taking jabs at you, then you certainly will not be able to handle the public. If you are going to cry then time to seek an alternate career better suited for you.

Speaking of dealing with the public, when will the dept's hiring process stop hiring book smart tiny humans and hire real PPOs that have some height & weight on them with street smarts not 4 yr college degree wonders. Time to hire REAL cops that can handle their own out there on the street cause otherwise they are just another casualty waiting to happen when its time to go hands on with the 38. the last thing other officers need is having to fight or roll around with some 38 and the 15 responding to your 15 is a 100 pound tiny beagle or some other useless officer that just stands there and watches too afraid to get into the mix and go hands on when needed.
    How does this post relate to the above listing? We are fighting enough with the public so why should we have to take abuse from our own people? And having a degree doesn’t make them any less capable of doing the job. I believe you just see these new guys as a threat for being educated. I’ve been around this place for a long time and there have been some great officers in this department but there are also a lot of ****tards and sluffers here as well. I don’t think we need to make hiring decisions based on degrees solely but it’s not a bad idea to hire educated people who can use their brains and aren’t just robots.

Unregistered
    Send 1147 back to FTO!