Thank You !!!!!!!!! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Unregistered

Tough position to be in

I don’t envy the officers involved in the incident. It was a very fluid situation, for which containment was not achieved via tactical decision-making, neither by command and control, but by alternate circumstances, which in this case, was the overly congested intersection. I wasn’t there; therefore, I don’t know if the suspects engaged first. However, if the suspects didn’t initiate the engagement, then whoever was the first officer pulling the trigger, dropped the ball. As we know, the area was saturated with innocent bystanders, as well as the knowledge that there was a hostage involved. Let’s forget about this one and speak about cover. Understanding that if you leave a position of cover (you should have evaluated your movement prior to this), then move to another position of cover, right? Yet, it can’t be a position of cover, which exposes the life and property of, yet again, innocent bystanders to a ballistic engagement.

I’m stopping here, because thankfully, I didn’t find myself in this one. But a quick one, where was command and control?

My fellow county brothers, it looked freaking ugly. And, please, we chose this profession; therefore, let’s stop calling ourselves heroes. A teacher sheltering his students during an active-shooter, that’s a hero. We, going 09, it’s our freaking job, for which we are very well compensated. So let’s do our job well, learn from this and become better tactical-decision makers.

Unregistered

Policebrand

Police Brand Memorabilia and Collectibles support law enforcement, firefighters, correctional officers, dispatchers, and armed forces members. Our goal is to provide unique quality items for those brave men and women. Police Officer Flags

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345