If you weren’t there... - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    The suspect was only shooting at the police vehicles that were tailgating him on the side and in front of you backed off and let aviation follow he would’ve stopped shooting duh police cars on his ass were his only threat!

That ups truck has a governor on it max 50,55mph he’s not going anywhere!

Ask yourself this question if kids were in the ups would Miami dade be this aggressive? Nope!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you weren’t there... AND you’re not privy to investigative info at the scene... who are you to say publicly what was right and what was wrong?

I wasn’t there but I know that...
    1. The media reported shots were being fired during the pursuit. You cannot conduct a felony traffic stop during an active shooting. A felony stop only works during controlled stops. It is arrogant to think you could have controlled the outcome.

2. None of you knows how you will react in a similar situation. With 20+ years it never fails that when I look behind me all the macho s#%t talkers have disappeared.

3. I’m not gonna fault anyone who engaged these guys.. even if it went bad. It’s tragic but never lose sight that the subjects made this happen.

4. No amount of training guarantees a successful mission it only improves chances of success.

5. The public is always looking for someone to blame and often times it’s anyone they see first not necessarily the responsible party. I have seen this over and over again.
    COME PING@ shots were being fired because how close this units were to the truck if you are being fired upon makes more sense to back off so you don't get hit by the rounds. second HQ4 was on the radio saying to back off because it was a hostage situation. if they really wanted to kill the UPS driver they would have done it when they stole the truck. if you have 20+ years like you say which I know it's a lie you would remember the postal truck incident same situation different outcome why because the officers on that incident knew what they were doing. not like these rookies that have been brain wash by their sarge to think they are the top sh!t of this department. let see if next time Perez has a news conference if PRT is going to be standing behind him. what you need to do is read your SOP it clearly states that when it becomes a hostage situation you take different actions. just see for yourself on the videos this truck wasn't even running people off the road they should had waited for SRT, PERIOD. the only reason JP came out on the news is because he knows he cause this incident by allowing this unit to run by rookies officers. he well knows that most of these officer have been with the department under 2 years. LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    1. You are an idiot.
    2. You have never done shit.
    3. The cops messed up.
    4. You are blind if you do not see that.
    When you say ‘the cops’ messed up it makes me believe you are not one. So your professional opinion means nothing to me.

Unregistered
    I agree
    You are an idiot..
    There was a hostage, you idiot, do you get that?
    He was not an... Oh well, shit happens.
    Wonder if you would feel the same if your loved one.
    If srt is not on scene, try and hold it... Stay back, if possible, try to get civilians out...
    If firing on you, get cover instead of standing in the open.
    A terrible situation, but 19 cops shooting, knowing an innocent driver is in the midst, just can't be excused.
    It was a cluster, just like the one in Northside where blue on blue.
    Tight shirts, muscles, and war stories is what makes many cops nowadays.
    No tactical discipline, but a lot of mouth.
    But it was not a controlled hostage situation such as in a structure. It was mobile and active. I’m not saying they weren’t wrong I’m saying I won’t second guess them... certainly not in public. I never said ‘oh well’. That’s a purposeful Mischaracterization to minimize my opinion. You have completely taken me out of context.

I will agree that overall the cops of today are not the cops of yesterday. But I will not use that as the lens through which I view this incident.

Unregistered
    Because someone wasnt at the scene, they shouldn’t comment or criticize? Dumb.

There were ample opportunities to conduct a stop in an area NOT congested with vehicles. LEO were actively getting their shiny SUVs out of the way of the UPS truck, instead of making stops at intersections with little to no civilians present.

Pursuit was only a few feet directly behind the UPS truck, and its back doors were open...when did these supposed shots take place?

They work for me, I can criticize all I want.
    Correct. You don’t have the information to form a complete opinion. As far as the shots fired while mobile... that was reported by media... I don’t know if it’s true but if it is...it’s a major factor.

Unregistered
    If you weren’t there... AND you’re not privy to investigative info at the scene... who are you to say publicly what was right and what was wrong?

The boss that pays their salary.
    Right.... the boss.... not you or me. Wait for the final report.

Unregistered
    Listen you wannabe social media law enforcement officer. Stop being a boot licker. We don't want wannabes to try to make us look good. Those young idiot rookies made us professional veterans look bad. Take off that blue thin line off your social media site, you and your wannabe cop friends don't represent us. Idiot. Stop telling people this was the best and only outcome. Idiot.
    Where did I say this was the best and only outcome? I said you’re in no position to say otherwise. I am an officer.... soon to drop. I’m pretty confident I’ve seen and done more than you...(but it’s not about that) probably just in my first 5 years.

Unregistered
    Anybody with access to the internet was there
    So you think a few video angles tell enough of the story? You’re naive. I can’t help you.

Unregistered
    The suspect was only shooting at the police vehicles that were tailgating him on the side and in front of you backed off and let aviation follow he would’ve stopped shooting duh police cars on his ass were his only threat!

That ups truck has a governor on it max 50,55mph he’s not going anywhere!

Ask yourself this question if kids were in the ups would Miami dade be this aggressive? Nope!
    What would have happened if they were not right on his ass when the truck stopped? You don’t know. It’s arrogant to think you could have controlled or anticipated the outcome. I’m not saying mistakes weren’t made... in saying you don’t know.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=Unregistered;3077126]Right.... the boss.... not you or me. Wait for the final report.[/QUOTE

English must not be your primary language...that or reading comprehension is awful.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast