Yesterday’s Mass Police Shooting

Sr. Vet.

Yesterday’s Mass Police Shooting

Yesterday’s “Mass Police Shooting” in Broward County involving mostly MDPD Police shooting at a highjacked UPS van with a hostage inside and other innocent citizens in harms way will be a defining incident for L.E. everywhere.

Closely reviewing the videos shows numerous MDPD police officers, many with assault rifles, shooting at the UPS van. Everyone should have realized the UPS van had the driver inside as a hostage and the offenders were using him as a shield. One short clip shows the offender’s hiding under the UPS driver while bullets were tearing holes into and through the van.

Folks we have a very dangerous job from time to time. Getting shot at is a rarity. Realizing returning fire is subject to “situational awareness” requires a form of discipline that was completely absent in yesterday’s mass police shooting. The “everyone shoots back mentality” was similar to the crazed over 100 rounds shot by police in the Miami Beach shooting a few years ago.

We have to do better that this in the future. Training and leadership has to step up. The chase had plenty of time for a Supervisor or Commander to announce that when the Van is stopped everyone must take cover and let a hostage situation play out. Even if the offenders were shooting at the police, returning fire was too risky. I counted over 20 police officers who exposed themselves in the open to the offenders. Exposing themselves allowed them to start firing at the Van. Also the number of police officers leaving cover and exposed to friendly fire is scary.

Sorry my opinion might upset some of you. This morning even the National News is questioning what happen.

Unregistered
    Watch and learn from this bunch of unthankful *******s. I keep telling you guys NOBODY GIVES TWO FUKS ABOUT YOU AND WHAT YOU DO FOR THEM, follow the departmental orders and don’t be a nice guy or girl. Is not worth it...

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Watch and learn from this bunch of unthankful *******s. I keep telling you guys NOBODY GIVES TWO FUKS ABOUT YOU AND WHAT YOU DO FOR THEM, follow the departmental orders and don’t be a nice guy or girl. Is not worth it...
    UPS van, insured. Packages inside said van, insured. Jewelry, insured. Why risk killing innocent citizens when they dont' care about you anyways?

Unregistered
    UPS van, insured. Packages inside said van, insured. Jewelry, insured. Why risk killing innocent citizens when they dont' care about you anyways?
    You are leaving out the fact that these two scum bags shot the employee in the face and abducted a poor innocent man doing his job, held him against his own will and kept him hostage in a car jacked ups truck

Unregistered
    You are leaving out the fact that these two scum bags shot the employee in the face and abducted a poor innocent man doing his job, held him against his own will and kept him hostage in a car jacked ups truck
    And now the poor innocent man is better because he is dead??? Yup this is City of Miami

Unregistered
    Thanks everyone for keeping the race of the two offenders out without not even one mention , that's taboo but the police officers is open season on them .

Unregistered
    It's easy to blame the police when sh!t hits the fan. Why do you even call us for help? Now, I wasn't involved in this incident. As many posting on here. So, I guess all the expects are coming out of the woodwork to give informed information. Only account I have is what's on the news and other officers. So, of course my (opinion) which all it is, doesn't have the full picture. Running up on armed subjects with a hostage, goes against all the training and lip service we've been given over time. Some could argue that the hostage was shot prior, to the police shooting, again don't know. Some could argue that in the heat of the moment, police rushed the truck and set off a chain of events. What ever the truth, people died that shouldn't have. Now, cops are being held accountable, maybe they should, maybe not. The lesson here for me to learn, your d@mned if you do and d@mned if you don't. So all you proactive officers, learn from this outcome, cause the department wants the stats but no drama involved. Your to be scene not heard, from or about. The public, wants you only when needed and they will and have turned on officers before, while helping them. The media, are not your friends, your a story. A means to a end, for air time. All you honestly have is who you go home to at the end of your shift. Your fellow officers?? Some will be stand up guys, when they can. If it comes down to their jobs or yours. Guess who leaving? Trust?? I say I trust the ones I work with day in and day out but really, do I? I mean you have cops wearing wires, some running to supervisors or I.A. over the d@mnest things. Now, I retire soon (save the remarks) I'm happy about it too. In all the years here, I've worked with a lot of people and I can say, on one hand, I can count how many I call a friend. Sad!

Unregistered
    How would you feel if your wife and kids were in the car next to the ups veh that the officers were using for cover while shooting.?

Now imagine if your son or daughter were killed in the cross fired.

This was a hostage situation! Stop thinking like dirty harry!

Take cover and wait for swat and negotiators.

And you have hot head raciest Ortiz in charge of your swat team! Good luck! Oh by the way he has no swat or hostage negotiation training.

Unregistered
    How would you feel if your wife and kids were in the car next to the ups veh that the officers were using for cover while shooting.?

Now imagine if your son or daughter were killed in the cross fired.

This was a hostage situation! Stop thinking like dirty harry!

Take cover and wait for swat and negotiators.

And you have hot head raciest Ortiz in charge of your swat team! Good luck! Oh by the way he has no swat or hostage negotiation training.

How would you feel if your wife and kids were next to the UPS truck and the offenders took them hostages or shot them, because we took cover and waited for SWAT 30 miles away????

Unregistered
    Uriel Batres stfu. It shouldn’t went down like that stupid ****. No agency train to do that. Stay south and come to work and stop calling out to play video games.