PBA Legal coverage - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    steadman knows all too well that I am available anytime. Just lik when he needed me, myself and others met him and others at Carolina Ale House. And I helped. I have never had to ask PBA for anything but it goes to show how ungrateful Steadman is.

Unregistered
    All of the same lawyer crap was spewed by the Broward PBA. Guess what, when the lawyers found out the can bill the legal defense fund at regular rate and not a discounted PBA rate, the same attorneys just signed up with IUPA. Lawyers just want to help us and want to stay out of the Union crap. Cannot tell you guys what to do but it is the absolute best thing we ever did in Broward. I cannot imagine how much further along we would be if we had listened and gotten rid of the pba earlier. Oh yeah, one more thing. Broward IUPA is not afl cio. Each local gets to choose if you belong to the afl cio. And there are lots of pba chapters in the US that have the IUPA legal coverage

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    All of the same lawyer crap was spewed by the Broward PBA. Guess what, when the lawyers found out the can bill the legal defense fund at regular rate and not a discounted PBA rate, the same attorneys just signed up with IUPA. Lawyers just want to help us and want to stay out of the Union crap. Cannot tell you guys what to do but it is the absolute best thing we ever did in Broward. I cannot imagine how much further along we would be if we had listened and gotten rid of the pba earlier. Oh yeah, one more thing. Broward IUPA is not afl cio. Each local gets to choose if you belong to the afl cio. And there are lots of pba chapters in the US that have the IUPA legal coverage
    One cannot beat the PBA legal coverage based on both experience and quality per membership dollar spent. And iupa is a subservient beitch of afl-cio they support cop haters!!!

Unregistered
    Then how come the PBA could not even pay the legal bills for Peraza in Broward? They had to get money from the state chapter. With the PBA, you have to seek approval for additional funding once you hit a certain dollar amount. Civil lawsuits, the PBA has a cap of 3,500 before a board has to approve additional funding and if you win, the PBA requires reimbursement. IUPA has no caps, no copays and you don’t reimburse them.

Unregistered
    IUPA is the premier legal. That’s why they are nationwide. PBA is only in Florida.
    PBA Attorneys are afraid to fight. They want the easy way out. Maybe because that’s the leaderships wishes or maybe because they just su*k.

Unregistered
    Still wondering if you should sign a PERC card and vote the PBA out? Yesterday, multiple officers fired their weapons, 4 people are dead and the PBA sends out ONE attorney for everyone. I am sorry but the shell casings are not even cooled off yet and the PBA says everything is fine and one attorney will do?? What are we paying dues for? Our brothers up in Broward get one attorney for each person involved. if 5 people are in a shooting with one lawyer and one rolls, how is that same attorney gonna cut a deal for one and "best represent" the other 4? Not till almost 9pm did the PBA finally know they were in over their head and a second attorney was called in.
    Preach the truth brother...very accurate post!

Unregistered
    Then how come the PBA could not even pay the legal bills for Peraza in Broward? They had to get money from the state chapter. With the PBA, you have to seek approval for additional funding once you hit a certain dollar amount. Civil lawsuits, the PBA has a cap of 3,500 before a board has to approve additional funding and if you win, the PBA requires reimbursement. IUPA has no caps, no copays and you don’t reimburse them.
    More plea iupa lies broward pba is completely different that dade county or rather new and improved South Florida PBA which has no limits and best attorneys

Unregistered
    More plea iupa lies broward pba is completely different that dade county or rather new and improved South Florida PBA which has no limits and best attorneys
    PLEASE check their PBA Legal Policy for exception, i.e. if arrested for a Felony, they can pick or choose to defend you.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123