Great felony stop and negotiating skills - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You must not be a cop!!! The criminals started the series of events, not the cops; That lead to the death of the innocent. Innocent people die all the time. Turn on the news and you will see all the killings. Grow up and become an adult.

I’m over it, two scum bags are dead!
    man you watch too many cop movies.

Yeah the actions of the criminals may have initiated the response that led to the demise of the innocents. However, that does not preclude the officers from using some forethought into actions that they take.

Or are you defending the guy who drove the patrol car right up the to the back of the ups truck? which ultimately led to the shootout that caused the innocents to die.

Was that in your mpi training?

Unregistered
    Next time we attend field force, MCAT, or annual & they show the plaque with the subject holding the knife to the civilian, make sure to unload your entire magazine. The director overrode our old policy this morning when he was interviewed by the media. He now says we are to engage.

Unregistered

Yeah the actions of the criminals may have initiated the response that led to the demise of the innocents. However, that does not preclude the officers from using some forethought into actions that they take.

Or are you defending the guy who drove the patrol car right up the to the back of the ups truck? which ultimately led to the shootout that caused the innocents to die.

No millennial,MPI is current.... original BLE and not current BLE #'s..try 26 years!

Unregistered

It must be nice to sit behind a desk and be able to sit down and type your thoughts on the aftermath. The thoughts I saw being made by those officers were made in seconds, not minutes or after the fact. At that moment, have you ever been in that position yourself??? Please do not answer with YES, bc clearly you have not. You wouldn’t be on here passing judgment on those brave enough to encounter that horrific event that took place.

Unregistered
    Next time we attend field force, MCAT, or annual & they show the plaque with the subject holding the knife to the civilian, make sure to unload your entire magazine. The director overrode our old policy this morning when he was interviewed by the media. He now says we are to engage.
    Ditto, he gave free reign to move in and engage

Unregistered
    This squad will be disbanded, and it should be

Unregistered
    This squad will be disbanded, and it should be
    Nope. Federal money holds it together.

Unregistered
    It must be nice to sit behind a desk and be able to sit down and type your thoughts on the aftermath. The thoughts I saw being made by those officers were made in seconds, not minutes or after the fact. At that moment, have you ever been in that position yourself??? Please do not answer with YES, bc clearly you have not. You wouldn’t be on here passing judgment on those brave enough to encounter that horrific event that took place.
    Sorry brother. I've actually been in a shooting, where the subject was shooting at us, discharged my weapon, and I managed not to kill a bunch of innocent people.

You can try to spin this to make it look like it was fine all you want. Those of us with more than a year or two on know that this was a complete cluster f*** and breakdown of tactics. You can't tell me they've taught anyone to drive a patrol vehicle up to the back of a subject vehicle that is shooting at law enforcement and has a hostage. The video is 5/5 as that officer purposely does it and he is lucky he didn't get killed for the stupidity.

His actions may have forced the hand of the subjects to go all out shooting. Where keeping distance and the proper cover and using time to your advantage would of let srt or other tactical units time to come out and do this properly. They've managed to save lives in previous hijackings.

It sucks the big tit, but you know the department ****ed up, and you can't cover up a **** up this badly as it just makes the rest of us look worse.

They need to come out and say the subjects were firing, we made descions in the heat of the moment that we thought were right, but unfortunately were wrong and own the mistakes. Then the department needs to remind everyone for the next several years that this is not a movie and to use your brain and try to slow the situation down and buy space and time.

Unregistered
    What’s the point of having a tactical United they forget all their tactics when shit hits the fan and just start spraying

Unregistered
    Sorry brother. I've actually been in a shooting, where the subject was shooting at us, discharged my weapon, and I managed not to kill a bunch of innocent people.

You can try to spin this to make it look like it was fine all you want. Those of us with more than a year or two on know that this was a complete cluster f*** and breakdown of tactics. You can't tell me they've taught anyone to drive a patrol vehicle up to the back of a subject vehicle that is shooting at law enforcement and has a hostage. The video is 5/5 as that officer purposely does it and he is lucky he didn't get killed for the stupidity.

His actions may have forced the hand of the subjects to go all out shooting. Where keeping distance and the proper cover and using time to your advantage would of let srt or other tactical units time to come out and do this properly. They've managed to save lives in previous hijackings.

It sucks the big tit, but you know the department ****ed up, and you can't cover up a **** up this badly as it just makes the rest of us look worse.

They need to come out and say the subjects were firing, we made descions in the heat of the moment that we thought were right, but unfortunately were wrong and own the mistakes. Then the department needs to remind everyone for the next several years that this is not a movie and to use your brain and try to slow the situation down and buy space and time.
    I totally agree with you, why are we tailgating the a ss of this ups truck so much that we could catch a stray bullet while driving and forcing the hand of the suspects!

Mind you before pd found the vehicle the subjects were not firing and only started firing to get the units to back off who were so close!
    The ups driver was alive from coral gables all the way to broward without being harmed he was going to be used as a hostage a bargaining chip for when the gas ran out.

Instead of laying back at a safe distance and waiting you parked up close and rushed up provoking a shooting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123