Which troop to head to?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Which troop to head to?

Hey, I'm discharging in a couple months. I've already made up my mind that in joining FHP, please don't try to dissuade me.
    I am just looking for a little insight in to which troop I should try to head to.
    Troop K,C or D?
    Embrace the suck.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey, I'm discharging in a couple months. I've already made up my mind that in joining FHP, please don't try to dissuade me.
    I am just looking for a little insight in to which troop I should try to head to.
    Troop K,C or D?
    Embrace the suck.

D. Orlando, might as well embrace the suck all the way then bud.

Unregistered
    Not Troop D! K is OK, but C is the best choice. D is a $hit show.

Unregistered
    How does one get into Troop K ?

Unregistered
    How does one get into Troop K ?
    In the interview process just keep bringing up how much you love making left turns. They will eventually take you out on the road and test you. You have to make it back to the station using only left turns. Once you show that you can do that you get invited to a BBQ at the Colonels house, he then will hand select his Turnpike Troopers. They are the true elite of FHP.

Unregistered
    Also, you have to give the Col a hand job while running code at 100+ in heavy traffic. A lot of people wash out at that part

Unregistered
    Thanks for the response guys!

Unregistered
    K is just about full. I wouldn’t be so sure that’s going to be an option.

Unregistered
    Thank you for your service to our country. To answer your question, in my honest opinion, you need to figure out where you want to live. If you want to live in South Florida, Troop K is the way to go. I work in D and will strongly advise against coming to Troop D Orlando. Troop D Lake, Brevard, and Seminole are fine. If you want to live in the Tampa area, Troop C probably is the best Troop on that list with the best command and the least amount of transfers out, which tells you a lot about the level of satisfaction that most troopers have there. Good luck

Unregistered
    Thank you for your service to our country. To answer your question, in my honest opinion, you need to figure out where you want to live. If you want to live in South Florida, Troop K is the way to go. I work in D and will strongly advise against coming to Troop D Orlando. Troop D Lake, Brevard, and Seminole are fine. If you want to live in the Tampa area, Troop C probably is the best Troop on that list with the best command and the least amount of transfers out, which tells you a lot about the level of satisfaction that most troopers have there. Good luck
    Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast