Miami Dade Shooting Disaster - Page 19
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You need to rotate some of these guys out of SWAT too. It is a specialized unit and should also be subject to term/unit assignment to two years max. More patrol officers would love to have the training and I am sure there many that would could meet requirements and actually pass a psych exam unlike some of these guys currently assigned.

Include SWAT in term limits also!
    SWAT/// Around 2 to 4 weeks after the announcement, you get the notification your application has been received. After recieving said application, you'll be subjected to a basic physical agility test through the department (since Miramar doesn't want to be known as a continuous sender of failing candidates to a school). Once everything is ok'd and signed off, expect 3 to 4 weeks of training by guys that just wanna do things a "little tougher" than other SWAT schools. (Side note) If you've never been in the military, you probably have no idea what I'm saying.
    Sounds like something everyone in the department should enjoy, RIGHT? I really don't think I want someone (nor do I feel safe) thinking the guy or girl next to me with under 2 years experience in SWAT, who trains with and were taught by other greenhorns, has a loaded weapon and are under stress. Sounds safe to me RIGHT?
    Now keep in mind, a 3-4 hour psychological($$$$) is still in store, followed by an oral board (which is where admin has the best chance to give their buddies the advantage).

K9/// Another high risk unit you just can't hand over the leash to in 2 years. After a similar application and acceptance process (including oral board favors), your dog is purchased (around $10,000 or more) and you'll need a "bonding" for around a week, and spend at least 3 months in a "basic" K9 school. Hopefully, that dog has passed all of it's medical exams and doesn't develop any health issues or problems at this point, or you'll have to start the process all over again with another dog. Detection school will be at least another month, and you continue advanced real life training once a week afterwards. This training allows you and your partner to learn from those that have experience and knowledge behind them. Training with other cities develops comradery and different ideas and experiences. It's just too bad that the current Sergeant in charge (who knows absolutely nothing about police work or anything remotely related to K9 training) doesn't allow it. Makes sense RIGHT? You would think that a supervisor would want their subordinates to learn or train as much as they can, with as many people as they can from neighboring cities. Aside from that, providing everything goes perfectly, you'll have spent around a year or so with an animal that you'll just have to hand over to someone else just as you and your family started to bond. Makes sense, RIGHT???

Homicide/// Another unit you just can't hand off the reigns to. As in SWAT or K9, you just can't say "well, my 2 years are up. Here ya go" as you're handed all the backlogs of unsolved violent crimes/homicides, or a dog leash attached to a crazy malinois. This is a unit that requires a sleuth that is eager, has learned from "seasoned detectives" (not the 2 yrs greenies), has attended numerous seminars and knows who to contact when they have a question or need help. My family and friends will certainly be filing lawsuits in the future if a criminal has slipped through the cracks because some inexperienced rookie couldn't solve the case in a half hour like they do on tv.

2 year rotations make sense RIGHT???
    PHUCKIN TARD

Unregistered
    SWAT/// Around 2 to 4 weeks after the announcement, you get the notification your application has been received. After recieving said application, you'll be subjected to a basic physical agility test through the department (since Miramar doesn't want to be known as a continuous sender of failing candidates to a school). Once everything is ok'd and signed off, expect 3 to 4 weeks of training by guys that just wanna do things a "little tougher" than other SWAT schools. (Side note) If you've never been in the military, you probably have no idea what I'm saying.
    Sounds like something everyone in the department should enjoy, RIGHT? I really don't think I want someone (nor do I feel safe) thinking the guy or girl next to me with under 2 years experience in SWAT, who trains with and were taught by other greenhorns, has a loaded weapon and are under stress. Sounds safe to me RIGHT?
    Now keep in mind, a 3-4 hour psychological($$$$) is still in store, followed by an oral board (which is where admin has the best chance to give their buddies the advantage).

K9/// Another high risk unit you just can't hand over the leash to in 2 years. After a similar application and acceptance process (including oral board favors), your dog is purchased (around $10,000 or more) and you'll need a "bonding" for around a week, and spend at least 3 months in a "basic" K9 school. Hopefully, that dog has passed all of it's medical exams and doesn't develop any health issues or problems at this point, or you'll have to start the process all over again with another dog. Detection school will be at least another month, and you continue advanced real life training once a week afterwards. This training allows you and your partner to learn from those that have experience and knowledge behind them. Training with other cities develops comradery and different ideas and experiences. It's just too bad that the current Sergeant in charge (who knows absolutely nothing about police work or anything remotely related to K9 training) doesn't allow it. Makes sense RIGHT? You would think that a supervisor would want their subordinates to learn or train as much as they can, with as many people as they can from neighboring cities. Aside from that, providing everything goes perfectly, you'll have spent around a year or so with an animal that you'll just have to hand over to someone else just as you and your family started to bond. Makes sense, RIGHT???

Homicide/// Another unit you just can't hand off the reigns to. As in SWAT or K9, you just can't say "well, my 2 years are up. Here ya go" as you're handed all the backlogs of unsolved violent crimes/homicides, or a dog leash attached to a crazy malinois. This is a unit that requires a sleuth that is eager, has learned from "seasoned detectives" (not the 2 yrs greenies), has attended numerous seminars and knows who to contact when they have a question or need help. My family and friends will certainly be filing lawsuits in the future if a criminal has slipped through the cracks because some inexperienced rookie couldn't solve the case in a half hour like they do on tv.

2 year rotations make sense RIGHT???
    PHUCKIN TARD

Unregistered
    Well we woke up the elitist SWAT team member! So your suggestion is that basically "you got yours so f*ck everybody else"? You have SWAT team guys that cant wake up in time to make it to briefings! That is a liability! Every officer on the road is a GIU detective. As a matter a fact most patrol officers do more on a case than most GIU detectives ever will. You cant keep people in positions forever!
    I can say with confidence that I'm not an elitist, nor am I on SWAT. Your 2 years with this department is done. Go back to watching "Blues clues" junior, 'cause you'll never make it as a detective or a cop here.

Unregistered
    I can say with confidence that I'm not an elitist, nor am I on SWAT. Your 2 years with this department is done. Go back to watching "Blues clues" junior, 'cause you'll never make it as a detective or a cop here.
    Way way more than two years you jerk off!!!

Unregistered
    Highly doubted.

Unregistered
    Let me guess...Around 8? Wow!!! You should be an officer seasoned in all areas of this line of work by now.
    Here's a little hint for ya sapling. The closer you get to the DROP, the more you'll see how your idea of police work has been phucked up over the years by inexperienced slugs and micromanagement. You'll understand what I'm saying.

Unregistered
    Let me guess...Around 8? Wow!!! You should be an officer seasoned in all areas of this line of work by now.
    Here's a little hint for ya sapling. The closer you get to the DROP, the more you'll see how your idea of police work has been phucked up over the years by inexperienced slugs and micromanagement. You'll understand what I'm saying.
    I know much more than you will ever know. Rest assured! I am in the DROP and understand more that you will ever fathom.

Unregistered
    Highly doubted.
    Who cares what you think, know or doubt? Give me some names of people that consider you the authority on everything?

Unregistered
    Who cares what you think, know or doubt? Give me some names of people that consider you the authority on everything?
    Pete Bermudez says I’m almost as good as he is. The chief told him I’m the bomb!
    Good enough for you?

Unregistered
    Pete Bermudez says I’m almost as good as he is. The chief told him I’m the bomb!
    Good enough for you?
    No its not jerk off!!

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast