Take home car policy and off duty...

Unregistered

Take home car policy and off duty...

What is your agency’s policy on take home vehicles? Do you have to pay for them? And if you do what’s the rate and do you have the option to park them at the closest substation to your duty assignment?

Off duty jobs, do you have to pay to use your agency issued vehicle for extra duty jobs? What’s the rate?

Back story, our agency is floating around the idea of charging us for take homes if we don’t live in the city jurisdiction, free if you live in city, $20 if you live in county and $40 of you live outside of county. They’re also thinking of charging us for extra duty jobs to use the car. But we might end up charging the vendor for the use of the car.

The only problem I have with it is as many of you probably know, shit pops off at off duty all the time and you can’t just ignore it, you have to take action. I don’t want to be driving around town or to jail with a 10-15 on my own dime...

Thanks

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is your agency’s policy on take home vehicles? Do you have to pay for them? And if you do what’s the rate and do you have the option to park them at the closest substation to your duty assignment?

Off duty jobs, do you have to pay to use your agency issued vehicle for extra duty jobs? What’s the rate?

Back story, our agency is floating around the idea of charging us for take homes if we don’t live in the city jurisdiction, free if you live in city, $20 if you live in county and $40 of you live outside of county. They’re also thinking of charging us for extra duty jobs to use the car. But we might end up charging the vendor for the use of the car.

The only problem I have with it is as many of you probably know, shit pops off at off duty all the time and you can’t just ignore it, you have to take action. I don’t want to be driving around town or to jail with a 10-15 on my own dime...

Thanks
    No charge for take home vehicles. We have to reside within 40 miles of our city of assignment.
    For off duty jobs, we have to pay 45 cents per mile. If we get into something while working an off duty job and have to take law enforcement action, we go on duty and we stop paying mileage at that point.

Unregistered
    We don't pay to take home cars. We pay mileage when we use them for private off duty based off the IRS mileage table.
    If we take law enforcement action we revert to on duty status.