Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Not sure if you have any experience in the private sector. But I have years of experience in both.

My personal experience tells me it can be dreadful in either one , or it can be the best thing . It usually depends on what the individual wants out of it.

Many professionals in wide ranging career backgrounds absolutely hate their chosen profession, and others love their careers..
And this could be for a variety of reasons.

What I have experienced is that every single person has different perspectives, personalities, expectations, outlooks etc.. at the end of the day, only you can decide what's the right fit for you, and in almost every single case it's up to you to decide and dictate your outcome..

Even if it means total happiness is switching careers... I'm totally pumped up and looking forward to the opportunity.. but if you think I'm crazy for that, oh well..

Absolutely true! Most of us have similar life experience and know this is true.

Also true is office politics are everywhere. You do your best to excel and leave it at that. That is all that should truly matter - I furthered my education and skillset, was a good ethical cop who did my best and I am happy with MYSELF.

In the scheme of things, the rest is irrelevant.