Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stay away from law enforcement
    Second that.

Unregistered
    Stay away from law enforcement

Yes, please stay away from LE if you want to use your "power" to bully and intimidate. Stay away if you're an ignorant racist who just refuses to evolve. Stay away if you think being in LE will give you an identity. Stay away if you blame everyone but yourself for your shortcomings and bring that shiit attitude to work.

If you're the opposite of all that, by all means, come on down and apply!

Unregistered

Appreciate The Opportunity

Yes, please stay away from LE if you want to use your "power" to bully and intimidate. Stay away if you're an ignorant racist who just refuses to evolve. Stay away if you think being in LE will give you an identity. Stay away if you blame everyone but yourself for your shortcomings and bring that shiit attitude to work.

If you're the opposite of all that, by all means, come on down and apply!
    Amen to that my friend.

I recently got a conditional offer with HCSO, and I can tell you im surely looking forward to the opportunity...

Unregistered
    In 2 weeks i'm going in for an interview with the background investigator, which in the same day they will conduct a cognitive test on the computer and 2 writing samples. I don't know what to expect, i have never applied for a job in law enforcement and i have no prior LE experience. Has anyone gone thru this process with this department, any info is greatly appreciated.
    With a question like this, trust me, you got the smarts to be a cop.

Unregistered

My Opinion

You’ve got to be fukcing kidding right??? You posted a request to have people help you cheat the test...really?! You know damn well the agency will know who posted this and your future career at any agency will be DONE. Your only hope is to admit your error and ask for forgiveness. You need to contact the recruiting office and tell them you made a mistake BEFORE they find out on their own. Come on, man. You gotta be smarter than that!
    So where exactly are you seeing anything that says that the OP is asking for answers to cheat ? Let's not jump to conclusions...

The OP' s asks " has anyone else gone through this process ? Any info would be great "

I'm thinking the poster is asking for insight as to what to expect, not any different than that of someone who asks what is the Physical agilities test like ?
    How many push up, situps , mile and half time required ? What's the oral board like ?
    What can I expect during the interview with my background investigator?

Better yet, it sounds to me like someone who is in the process of a career change and is interested in law enforcement, and is doing their due diligence as to better understand what lies ahead throughout the hiring process.
    I dont see anything stating to please give me answers to any tests. Or cheating..

Come on .. give the OP a break .

Unregistered
    Amen to that my friend.

I recently got a conditional offer with HCSO, and I can tell you im surely looking forward to the opportunity...
    No one in their right mind would want to be a cop right now.

Unregistered

Because it's no longer the playground for racist a-holes who just want an excuse to beat on the less fortunate and talk shiit about them as soon as we leave the call?? Extra points for whipping up on those a darker color than the racist fuukcs I work with!

I've never heard more snotty attitudes from many cops, many of them half of generation from being poor trash trash themselves. They are no longer poor, yet hate those currently in that situation. Because of this job, they've been able to drag themselves out of the ghetto or the trailer park, yet look down on those still there. WTF?!

Getting rid of this self loathing mindset will go far in helping us relate to the public, and instilling trust in us.

Unregistered
    Because it's no longer the playground for racist a-holes who just want an excuse to beat on the less fortunate and talk shiit about them as soon as we leave the call?? Extra points for whipping up on those a darker color than the racist fuukcs I work with!

I've never heard more snotty attitudes from many cops, many of them half of generation from being poor trash trash themselves. They are no longer poor, yet hate those currently in that situation. Because of this job, they've been able to drag themselves out of the ghetto or the trailer park, yet look down on those still there. WTF?!

Getting rid of this self loathing mindset will go far in helping us relate to the public, and instilling trust in us.

NGL I know plenty of ppl in my platoon that fit this description.

Unregistered
    Not sure if you have any experience in the private sector. But I have years of experience in both.

My personal experience tells me it can be dreadful in either one , or it can be the best thing . It usually depends on what the individual wants out of it.

Many professionals in wide ranging career backgrounds absolutely hate their chosen profession, and others love their careers..
    And this could be for a variety of reasons.

What I have experienced is that every single person has different perspectives, personalities, expectations, outlooks etc.. at the end of the day, only you can decide what's the right fit for you, and in almost every single case it's up to you to decide and dictate your outcome..

Even if it means total happiness is switching careers... I'm totally pumped up and looking forward to the opportunity.. but if you think I'm crazy for that, oh well..

Unregistered
    Good perspective and well said

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast