Unregistered

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Really? Only minorities?

Unregistered
    Really? Only minorities?
    You did not just say that!
    Bc I don't even know what defines that class anymore.

Unregistered
    Really? Living under a rock? Never seen "minorities encouraged to apply?" Word on the streets is that if your a white male, you have better luck winning the Florida Lottery than getting hired by a PD in South Florida.the hiring practices have changed the last 10 years. I understand people live-in houses without mirrors, just go to the police academies in Miami-Dade and Broward and do the eyeball test..it's ok to be in denial, I truely understand.

Unregistered
    Be advised: morale in the toilet at BSO. General public despises the departments thanks to the MSD shooting, a temporary sheriff who fires deputies before they are charged, and a horrible step plan. Not to mention: you must know how to swim in order to apply. Not sure how they can encourage minorities to apply when it's a known fact that the majority cannot swim. The road is over 200 deputies short so be prepared to work lots of OT and with little backup. Only plus is they work 12s and have 3-day weekends, compared to our medieval 5/8 schedule.

Unregistered
    Be advised: morale in the toilet at BSO. General public despises the departments thanks to the MSD shooting, a temporary sheriff who fires deputies before they are charged, and a horrible step plan. Not to mention: you must know how to swim in order to apply. Not sure how they can encourage minorities to apply when it's a known fact that the majority cannot swim. The road is over 200 deputies short so be prepared to work lots of OT and with little backup. Only plus is they work 12s and have 3-day weekends, compared to our medieval 5/8 schedule.

Bso it’s not perfect, but still one of the better agencies to work for.

Unregistered
    Really? Only minorities?

When I was in the DC National Guard, I was the only white guy in my platoon. Being a minority depends on where you are located.

Unregistered
    When I was in the DC National Guard, I was the only white guy in my platoon. Being a minority depends on where you are located.
    Sir, 16.4% of Miami Dade Population is Anglo..Broward county even way higher like 54.8%. black population in Miami Dade county is 18.2%.. look at the academies and then come back to me with common denominator. Can't be justified, unless your blind.lol

Unregistered
    Sir, 16.4% of Miami Dade Population is Anglo..Broward county even way higher like 54.8%. black population in Miami Dade county is 18.2%.. look at the academies and then come back to me with common denominator. Can't be justified, unless your blind.lol
    Affirmative action for hiring and/or promotion was struck down as being unconstitutional because selecting candidates based on the color of their skin is racism. I cannot help it if I was born with white skin. However, in Broward and Miami-Dade Counties, everything is bassackwards.