Why is our department run with redundancy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Why is our department run with redundancy?

Right to the subject I posted , I have been a Miramar Police Officer going on two years . I have been tempted to leave this agency for other departments many times , but I have not been tempted due to “ not getting the unit I want “ nor have I been tempted due to “ the mean, immature and micro managing sergeants “ .

I have been tempted to leave due to the lack in leadership above the micro managing sergeants . To my dismay , more information has been disseminated through apps. and other police via police gateways.

This is an embarrassment to myself and other police officers combined , not only is it an embarrassment it is a safety concern of mine . I have realized there are too many “ up above “ people whom love the “ rank and money” but whom do not want to give the 100 percent to earn the position. Yes I am military ( never former) , when I arrived it was stated “ Miramar Police Department “ is a paramilitary organization, this is far from the truth . The city I work for as a police officer is a scam , from the police chief down to the so called captains and sergeants.

This police department is a shame and scam , I have realized it is a city of reverse racism which is blatant, nepotism and my opinion ran more as a business then a blue family .

I have chosen to leave not due to pay or retirement , but due to the embarrassment of saying I work for the Miramar Police Department.

Now , before the usuals bash me . I have nothing bad to say of the great Detectives , Police Officers , Human Resources staff , logistics etc . Great people, no family .

The people I bash are not even sergeants whom made my life harder ( Orth ) . You were the one person whom I feel bad for , fact you must hate your home life or Durney , you are a sorry , miserable woman . Who is wrong per policy one hundred percent or Mendoza who I will admit has become better over time .

Last , ladies and gentlemen if you continue to allow people of rank who go by “ their way “ only whom clearly violate policy blatantly, we as officers will always bicker and moan . Fight as a unit, as one for what is right .

With that due to I was not allowed an exit interview with the CEO of Miramar Police , Chief Williams, I bid you good luck.

Unregistered
    Good luck to you. PD and the city are 2 of a kind.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Right to the subject I posted , I have been a Miramar Police Officer going on two years . I have been tempted to leave this agency for other departments many times , but I have not been tempted due to “ not getting the unit I want “ nor have I been tempted due to “ the mean, immature and micro managing sergeants “ .

I have been tempted to leave due to the lack in leadership above the micro managing sergeants . To my dismay , more information has been disseminated through apps. and other police via police gateways.

This is an embarrassment to myself and other police officers combined , not only is it an embarrassment it is a safety concern of mine . I have realized there are too many “ up above “ people whom love the “ rank and money” but whom do not want to give the 100 percent to earn the position. Yes I am military ( never former) , when I arrived it was stated “ Miramar Police Department “ is a paramilitary organization, this is far from the truth . The city I work for as a police officer is a scam , from the police chief down to the so called captains and sergeants.

This police department is a shame and scam , I have realized it is a city of reverse racism which is blatant, nepotism and my opinion ran more as a business then a blue family .

I have chosen to leave not due to pay or retirement , but due to the embarrassment of saying I work for the Miramar Police Department.

Now , before the usuals bash me . I have nothing bad to say of the great Detectives , Police Officers , Human Resources staff , logistics etc . Great people, no family .

The people I bash are not even sergeants whom made my life harder ( Orth ) . You were the one person whom I feel bad for , fact you must hate your home life or Durney , you are a sorry , miserable woman . Who is wrong per policy one hundred percent or Mendoza who I will admit has become better over time .

Last , ladies and gentlemen if you continue to allow people of rank who go by “ their way “ only whom clearly violate policy blatantly, we as officers will always bicker and moan . Fight as a unit, as one for what is right .

With that due to I was not allowed an exit interview with the CEO of Miramar Police , Chief Williams, I bid you good luck.

I was fortunate enough to spend decades there, when it was a blue family. It always had issues, but I saw them get worse over time. Many are about the rank and money, and were never really good at the job to begin with, as you stated, and if I was just starting there, I’d probably leave too. There are still many good ppl there, but they are outnumbered by the incompetents, negligent retentions and the like. All the best on your future endeavors!

Unregistered

If you have left- good luck and enjoy the greener grass. If you havent left- just go now you are nothing but a cancer.

Unregistered
    Good on you. Anyone with less than 5 years needs to leave this embarrassment of an agency. Shit, anyone with over 5 years under 30 should leave, it is the joke of broward county, it is the hialeah PD of broward county.

Unregistered
    Well written , sad to see what the Miramar Police department has become . A revolving door for young officer who enter their careers with ambitions of making a difference only to be forced to leave and take their ambitions some place else .The city could have benefited from anything these officers brought to the table . Instead they are statistics of low/no moral , low salaries, low detail rates , as said prior a “ CEO” for a police chief , older officers griping due to no loyalty from their own department .
    It is not about movement as stated by the ceo who created a committee to simply do what he wants , which he does not know best . His ear and commands staffs ears are not on the pulse of officers but rather having rank they do not deserve. THERE ARE NO LEADERS , THEY ALL FOLLOW WHAT THE PUPPETEER’s HAND IS TELLING THEM TO DO .
    Our police department has no back bone or brotherhood/ sisterhood.

Once we unite we shall overcome .... for now watch us fall in shambles.

Unregistered

You say "Durney , you are a sorry , miserable woman" which is true. Even years ago when she was banging little Trisha she still wasn't happy.

Unregistered
    Well written , sad to see what the Miramar Police department has become . A revolving door for young officer who enter their careers with ambitions of making a difference only to be forced to leave and take their ambitions some place else .The city could have benefited from anything these officers brought to the table . Instead they are statistics of low/no moral , low salaries, low detail rates , as said prior a “ CEO” for a police chief , older officers griping due to no loyalty from their own department .
    It is not about movement as stated by the ceo who created a committee to simply do what he wants , which he does not know best . His ear and commands staffs ears are not on the pulse of officers but rather having rank they do not deserve. THERE ARE NO LEADERS , THEY ALL FOLLOW WHAT THE PUPPETEER’s HAND IS TELLING THEM TO DO .
    Our police department has no back bone or brotherhood/ sisterhood.

Once we unite we shall overcome .... for now watch us fall in shambles.
    What exactly (please spell it out specifically) do these officers that are new or the officers that left bring to the table as you say? Please give us names and be specific in what skills they brought. You need to remember that you or any of these officers are not saviors of this department you are replaced and the department continues on. If you are unhappy, then by all means leave and find a department that meets your needs. This "once we unite" rhetoric is corny to say the least and means nothing coming from a back stabber malcontent like you.

Unregistered

Congratulations on your decision to leave. It was the best career decision I have made. If you go to the right agency that has high morale, strong command staff and a city that backs you, you will realize Miramar is a cancer of a police department. I left under the fear that every department would be the same. I was so wrong. I now work for an agency that has given me more opportunity while I was on probation than MPD did in almost four years. I am happy I worked for MPD, so I can tell everyone I know first hand what a mismanaged sh*t show of a department looks like. Good luck at your new agency. Try to get as many of your friends to leave as you can.

Unregistered
    Congratulations on your decision to leave. It was the best career decision I have made. If you go to the right agency that has high morale, strong command staff and a city that backs you, you will realize Miramar is a cancer of a police department. I left under the fear that every department would be the same. I was so wrong. I now work for an agency that has given me more opportunity while I was on probation than MPD did in almost four years. I am happy I worked for MPD, so I can tell everyone I know first hand what a mismanaged sh*t show of a department looks like. Good luck at your new agency. Try to get as many of your friends to leave as you can.
    We are glad you are gone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast