We Are Not Alone

Unregistered

We Are Not Alone

If it makes you all feel any better: several deputies in Georgia were fired or denoted yesterday for running from the scene of a shooting during an off-duty gig. 2 subjects got into a fight at a party, and it ended with 1 subject shooting and killing the other. Someone runs outside and tells the deputies about the fight, and as the deputies were running inside and hear the shot go off, they turn around and run back outside; leaving the victim to die inside. Too bad this, too, won't get widespread media coverage like we did.

Unregistered
    This is a ridiculous precedent that goes contrary to the Supreme Court ruling that police have no duty to protect.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    If it makes you all feel any better: several deputies in Georgia were fired or denoted yesterday for running from the scene of a shooting during an off-duty gig. 2 subjects got into a fight at a party, and it ended with 1 subject shooting and killing the other. Someone runs outside and tells the deputies about the fight, and as the deputies were running inside and hear the shot go off, they turn around and run back outside; leaving the victim to die inside. Too bad this, too, won't get widespread media coverage like we did.
    People have simply got to understand what these "active shooter" policies were designed to do. They were never meant to actually save lives. They were enacted for strictly PR purposes, to make the AGENCY look good.

For a hundred years, LEAs have been training their personnel not to be the Lone Ranger. They are trained to contain a threat, to the community, and then neutralize it with overwhelming force. The whole point is to protect the community without needlessly sacrificing resources.

Now in the Clayton County, Ga case, the Captain and deputy who were working the unauthorized detail and failed to act, should have been disciplined as they were obviously unsuited for the job. However, you really have to understand the tactical situation which is involved in these types of incidents. You have a large crowd, the identity of the shooter is unknown. There is total chaos, as people stampede to safety. There is no ongoing shooting. What you have is NOT an active shooter situation. If you engage in a shootout in a crowded venue, such as this, you run the very great risk of accidentally shooting innocent people. The correct tactical response it to attempt to cover the exits and look for a potential fleeing suspect. What happened is what happens in most of these cases. The suspect shoots another, during a fight, and flees. He is not an immediate threat. His identity is known to the people at the party. All that is required is for detectives to track him down and arrest him. That is what happened here. Then the media got involved. The Sheriff did not independently go after the Captain and deputy involved, or the Lieutenant who failed to make a report to the Sheriff about the actions of the two officers. What happened is that journalist was making a big stink about deputies "running away" from a shooting. The Sheriff was blindsided by this and "took action" against the two employees, in an effort to generate positive PR. Of course, this particular sheriff NEEDS some positive PR.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cla...ing/1010224080

Unregisteredgohome
    People have simply got to understand what these "active shooter" policies were designed to do. They were never meant to actually save lives. They were enacted for strictly PR purposes, to make the AGENCY look good.

For a hundred years, LEAs have been training their personnel not to be the Lone Ranger. They are trained to contain a threat, to the community, and then neutralize it with overwhelming force. The whole point is to protect the community without needlessly sacrificing resources.

Now in the Clayton County, Ga case, the Captain and deputy who were working the unauthorized detail and failed to act, should have been disciplined as they were obviously unsuited for the job. However, you really have to understand the tactical situation which is involved in these types of incidents. You have a large crowd, the identity of the shooter is unknown. There is total chaos, as people stampede to safety. There is no ongoing shooting. What you have is NOT an active shooter situation. If you engage in a shootout in a crowded venue, such as this, you run the very great risk of accidentally shooting innocent people. The correct tactical response it to attempt to cover the exits and look for a potential fleeing suspect. What happened is what happens in most of these cases. The suspect shoots another, during a fight, and flees. He is not an immediate threat. His identity is known to the people at the party. All that is required is for detectives to track him down and arrest him. That is what happened here. Then the media got involved. The Sheriff did not independently go after the Captain and deputy involved, or the Lieutenant who failed to make a report to the Sheriff about the actions of the two officers. What happened is that journalist was making a big stink about deputies "running away" from a shooting. The Sheriff was blindsided by this and "took action" against the two employees, in an effort to generate positive PR. Of course, this particular sheriff NEEDS some positive PR.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cla...ing/1010224080
    Hey A** hole, I went through my academy in 1988, and we were trained when someone is actively shooting, everyone goes directly to the sound of the bullets. Everything goes out the window. If you have to run through a door using limited tactics, YOU DO IT. Bottom line, YOU ARE A PU**y. Coral Springs and BSO should fold up shop and everyone should go work at a golf club. To think that there are still people like you in uniform who make statements like this is scary. Jimmy Polan before he was forced to resigned (thank God) went to training mid 2018, and told everyone who there conducting acting shooter training, when you respond to an active shooter incident and you're alone, you wait for back-up before you go in. This is what he said, 5 months after the high school shooting. Oh, b y the way, Jimmy Polan was completely lost at the high school when he finally arrived on scene. The new sheriff continues to emphasize mitigation, like using bleed kits. You guys are truly the KEYSTONE COPS. But hey, the sheriff has 5 stars, Israel gave out turkeys, and Lamberti had bagels and coffee with the sheriff. BSO is a complete embarrassment. Thank God I'm now from the outside looking in!!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredgohome View Post
    Hey A** hole, I went through my academy in 1988, and we were trained when someone is actively shooting, everyone goes directly to the sound of the bullets. Everything goes out the window. If you have to run through a door using limited tactics, YOU DO IT. Bottom line, YOU ARE A PU**y. Coral Springs and BSO should fold up shop and everyone should go work at a golf club. To think that there are still people like you in uniform who make statements like this is scary. Jimmy Polan before he was forced to resigned (thank God) went to training mid 2018, and told everyone who there conducting acting shooter training, when you respond to an active shooter incident and you're alone, you wait for back-up before you go in. This is what he said, 5 months after the high school shooting. Oh, b y the way, Jimmy Polan was completely lost at the high school when he finally arrived on scene. The new sheriff continues to emphasize mitigation, like using bleed kits. You guys are truly the KEYSTONE COPS. But hey, the sheriff has 5 stars, Israel gave out turkeys, and Lamberti had bagels and coffee with the sheriff. BSO is a complete embarrassment. Thank God I'm now from the outside looking in!!!
    Go get em Robocop....show them that you can do better than any hollywood actor even pretending to shoot over 50 single handedly!!!!!

Unregistered
    Please prove some proof of such training because in 1988 active killer training was never thought of back then.

Unregistered
    BS. In 1988 academies were training contain and wait for SWAT. The run to the sound of the guns came after Columbine in 2000. Why do you think that SWAT and SRT teams were developed and widely used in the 1970s, 80s and 90's? So, you are either an idiot or lying. Look, I spent over 3 decades in LE. I went through the academy in the mid-70s and was around during the pre- and post-Columbine shooting. And I'll tell you something else, we ALL hated the change in protocol.

See, from a PR standpoint, it looks good for the agency, if LEOs just run in to an unknown situation where guns are being fired in a fragile environment with young innocents. But, LEOs hate it. The big reason for that is that if a police bullet hits little Jimmy or Mary between the horns, the LEO is going to get hung out to dry. And that could easily happen, especially if the little darlings are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Then, there is the obvious problem that, without containment, the shooter can escape into the surrounding community and continue to kill people there. That is what happened at MSDHS. The shooter escaped because there was no containment set up.

Now, it is obvious that you have never had to enter a shooting situation where there is a large group of people involved. It is a nightmare. It is almost impossible to control. You probably have no idea who the shooter, or shooters, are. You are a target for any escaping gunman. And, if one of your rounds penetrates the shooter or misses and hits an innocent bystander, you are going to eat that. Not only will you have to live with the feelings of having injured or killed an innocent, but the media, the parents, their attorneys and keyboard commandos will hound you to death.

Call me what you want, but I paid my LE dues. I doubt if you have.

Unregistered
    BS. In 1988 academies were training contain and wait for SWAT. The run to the sound of the guns came after Columbine in 2000. Why do you think that SWAT and SRT teams were developed and widely used in the 1970s, 80s and 90's? So, you are either an idiot or lying. Look, I spent over 3 decades in LE. I went through the academy in the mid-70s and was around during the pre- and post-Columbine shooting. And I'll tell you something else, we ALL hated the change in protocol.

See, from a PR standpoint, it looks good for the agency, if LEOs just run in to an unknown situation where guns are being fired in a fragile environment with young innocents. But, LEOs hate it. The big reason for that is that if a police bullet hits little Jimmy or Mary between the horns, the LEO is going to get hung out to dry. And that could easily happen, especially if the little darlings are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Then, there is the obvious problem that, without containment, the shooter can escape into the surrounding community and continue to kill people there. That is what happened at MSDHS. The shooter escaped because there was no containment set up.

Now, it is obvious that you have never had to enter a shooting situation where there is a large group of people involved. It is a nightmare. It is almost impossible to control. You probably have no idea who the shooter, or shooters, are. You are a target for any escaping gunman. And, if one of your rounds penetrates the shooter or misses and hits an innocent bystander, you are going to eat that. Not only will you have to live with the feelings of having injured or killed an innocent, but the media, the parents, their attorneys and keyboard commandos will hound you to death.

Call me what you want, but I paid my LE dues. I doubt if you have.
    I agree with you, I was hired also in 1988 and contain and wait for sufficient back-up before entering was taught.
    Not sure what this other jagoff is talking about?

Unregistered
    All you idiots are wrong!! I went through the academy in the 60's and when there was an active shooter (back then we called them a guy with a gun shooting people) we would immediately call for a break and go grab a coffee.
    But that was the 60s with free love, not like you puzzies that went through the academy in the 70s and 80s.

Unregistered
    All you idiots are wrong!! I went through the academy in the 60's and when there was an active shooter (back then we called them a guy with a gun shooting people) we would immediately call for a break and go grab a coffee.
    But that was the 60s with free love, not like you puzzies that went through the academy in the 70s and 80s.
    Nah, in the '60s the cops taunted the shooter until he had fired six rounds and his revolver was empty, then they stormed his location and gave him a beatin' for the next half hour for making them get out of the car. And, we didn't chase criminal either. We shot them. Ah, simpler times when street justice still reigned. *sarcasm* (Maybe)