Hiring Process - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hiring Process

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    A serious message to the OP. I respect you for being concerned about your child and your family and THINKING AHEAD, but you are applying what you know of your past jobs, your current job, or other jobs with the operation of this agency. The above quoted response is only a taste of things to come for you if you get hired. The toxic narcissistic paradigm that plagues this agency runs deep. See, in order to be accepted and be approved by this self proclaimed elite agency, you have to put this job before anything. Including yourself and especially family. Hence why police officers have the highest substance abuse, divorce, and suicide rates compared to real careers. Our leaders claim to care about our families and our exposure to stress, yet there are absolutely NO systems in place to support that claim. In fact they staff us and deploy us in such a matter where you are guaranteed to burn out, become symptomatic, quit, or limp along hating the job. Only to be blamed for it in the end. Bringing up issues is considered whining. No one listens and your voice is of zero value. They want drones. Not thinkers. Especially ones that THINK AHEAD.

If you don't get hired. Trust me when I tell you that it would be a blessing in disguise. You wont know it though.
    A serious message to the OP: Ignore posts like this one I quoted. These disgruntled losers blame the command staff and anyone else they can cast blame on, rather than realizing their own shortcomings have led to their lack of advancement in this career.

Patrol here works 12 hour shifts with the following schedule:

Week 1: Work Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
    Week 2: Work Wednesday and Thursday
    Then repeat

Unregistered
    To answer your question our schedule is centered around Wednesday and Thursday. One week we only work Wed and Thurs, but are off all the rest of the week. The next week we are off only Wed and Thurs, but work all the rest of the week. This alternates over and over. 24 hours one week then 64 hours the next. 24, 64, 24, 64, and so on. Seems nice at first, but after a while you feel as if you work all the time with only one a three day weekend off every two weeks. It gets old. Especially on nights. No matter what they say, 12 hour shifts plus nights will wreak havoc on your health. And thats if you get off on time. Do yourself a favor and find a real career working business hours. Whatever it takes, more college, more training, more certifications, and so on.
    You mean 24 and 60 hours

Unregistered
    You mean 24 and 60 hours
    If there is anything these approval seeking drones love to do is “one up” everyone. Proving people wrong and all the childish high school games. Like I said... A freaking blessing in disguise.

Unregistered
    Believe what you want. Most learn the hard way anyway.

Enjoy your family. Find a real career where you are valued. Where your skills and knowledge actually mean something. Where your ideas and voice counts. Where growth and progress are actually obtainable by all. Don't stop looking until you find that. Don't make a deal with the devil for a quick start in pay. You will eventually pay dearly for it. Careers that start slow but offer short term and long term rewards for loyalty and hard work along with actual reasonably obtainable goals with growth and progress as a reward is what you want. Don't focus on the starting pay. Good luck with your decision.

If you don't believe me, think of what the intent of my post is and watch how people that work here react to it and respond. Typical response to anyone that thinks and speaks for themselves. Its all you need to know in order to decide.

Unregistered
    If there is anything these approval seeking drones love to do is “one up” everyone. Proving people wrong and all the childish high school games. Like I said... A freaking blessing in disguise.
    It's called conveying correct information to people who are asking questions. If you think conveying correct information is "one up'ing" someone, then you are probably offended each time a detective or supervisor corrects your reports and your investigative steps. Improve your performance and your attitude, and I would bet you won't be so miserable here.

Unregistered
    To all of the posters who offered serious information and great advice: thank you all so much. I am still considered applying but will give it more serious thought based on the information given and many other factors. Bless you all and Happy Thanksgivig to you and your families.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12