Hiring Process
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hiring Process

Unregistered

Hiring Process

Hello,

Planning on applying for the LE Deputy position and wanted an idea of how long the hiring process may take. Are we talking a few weeks, or a few months and maybe even a year. Thanks in advance for serious responses.

Unregistered
    Go work some where else.

Unregistered
    Depending on when the class starts typically a up to a few months.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Depending on when the class starts typically a up to a few months.
    Thank you very much for the response. Be safe!

Unregistered
    I have seen it average from just under 6 month to up to a year.

Unregistered
    I have seen it average from just under 6 month to up to a year.
    Good to know. Thank you! Also, what would the days off be for a new recruit once they hit the road solo? Would it be T/F/S or S/M/T? Want to know so I can plan child care and scheduling with the wife's job once I get my permanent schedule.

Unregistered
    Good to know. Thank you! Also, what would the days off be for a new recruit once they hit the road solo? Would it be T/F/S or S/M/T? Want to know so I can plan child care and scheduling with the wife's job once I get my permanent schedule.
    You’d work six 6.7 hour shifts with either Tuesday or Wednesday off.

Unregistered
    You haven’t even started the hiring process and you’re trying to plan day care for when you’re finished with the academy and through module? Thanks for the chuckle.

Unregistered
    You haven’t even started the hiring process and you’re trying to plan day care for when you’re finished with the academy and through module? Thanks for the chuckle.
    A serious message to the OP. I respect you for being concerned about your child and your family and THINKING AHEAD, but you are applying what you know of your past jobs, your current job, or other jobs with the operation of this agency. The above quoted response is only a taste of things to come for you if you get hired. The toxic narcissistic paradigm that plagues this agency runs deep. See, in order to be accepted and be approved by this self proclaimed elite agency, you have to put this job before anything. Including yourself and especially family. Hence why police officers have the highest substance abuse, divorce, and suicide rates compared to real careers. Our leaders claim to care about our families and our exposure to stress, yet there are absolutely NO systems in place to support that claim. In fact they staff us and deploy us in such a matter where you are guaranteed to burn out, become symptomatic, quit, or limp along hating the job. Only to be blamed for it in the end. Bringing up issues is considered whining. No one listens and your voice is of zero value. They want drones. Not thinkers. Especially ones that THINK AHEAD.

If you don't get hired. Trust me when I tell you that it would be a blessing in disguise. You wont know it though.

Unregistered
    To answer your question our schedule is centered around Wednesday and Thursday. One week we only work Wed and Thurs, but are off all the rest of the week. The next week we are off only Wed and Thurs, but work all the rest of the week. This alternates over and over. 24 hours one week then 64 hours the next. 24, 64, 24, 64, and so on. Seems nice at first, but after a while you feel as if you work all the time with only one a three day weekend off every two weeks. It gets old. Especially on nights. No matter what they say, 12 hour shifts plus nights will wreak havoc on your health. And thats if you get off on time. Do yourself a favor and find a real career working business hours. Whatever it takes, more college, more training, more certifications, and so on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast