Delucca Rolle's Crime: The color of his skin
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Exclamation Delucca Rolle's Crime: The color of his skin

“Delucca Rolle did nothing, and he was charged with a crime. I’ll tell you what his crime was: the color of his skin,”
    say Benjamin Crump.

Civil Rights Attorney, NAACP demand equal justice for an alleged coverup of a violent assault involving a teen and deputies

by: Erica Pettway, WSVN STAFF
    Posted: Nov 15, 2019 / 12:24 PM CST/ Updated: Nov 15, 2019 / 12:34 PM CST

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (WIAT & WSVN) Attorney Ben Crump and Civil Rights leaders with the NAACP met at the Broward Public Defender’s Office in Fort Lauderdale Thursday to demand justice for Delucca Rolle.

Two deputies from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office are facing charges related to an alleged coverup of the violent assault of Rolle on April 18th in Tamarac, Florida. Rolle, a high school freshman at the time, attracted national concern when a video showed deputies slamming his face to the ground and pepper-spraying him outside a McDonald’s.

Now, months later, Civil Rights Attorney Crump, who is defending Rolle, claims the treatment of the officers involved is staggering compared to the treatment of the officer who was caught on camera slamming a student of the same age to the ground.

Civil Rights activists in the press conference said there was a clear racial bias at the State Attorney’s Office.

Rolle was originally arrested and charged with resisting arrest and battery on an officer, but when cellphone video showing the arrest was released, it showed a different scenario. The deputies have seen pepper-spraying the teenager and throwing him on the ground before slamming his face against the pavement and punching him.

According to Crump and NAACP members, three white deputies involved were charged with misdemeanors in the case of Rolle, but when the video released last week showed a black BSO deputy slamming the 15-year-old girl on the ground, they said, he was fired nearly a week later and charged with a felony.

BSO, however, said the deputy has been suspended without pay.

The civil rights leaders said the two cases are similar and the only difference is the students’ skin color.

Crump and the NAACP members are calling for the State Attorney’s Office to review the charges against the deputies involved in Rolle’s case and upgrade them to felonies. They also claimed there is a racial bias inside the State Attorney’s Office.

“She kicked him, but she wasn’t charged with a crime,” said Crump. “Delucca Rolle did nothing, and he was charged with a crime. I’ll tell you what his crime was: the color of his skin.”

Prosecutors have not yet filed formal charges against Miller.

The State Attorney’s Office said that although Rolle was initially arrested, once they looked at all of the evidence, the State Attorney’s Office decided not to file any charges. They did, however, file misdemeanor charges against all three deputies involved.

Trial two for the deputies involved in the Rolle case is still pending.

Unregistered
    Scumbags that race bait arguments like everyone in the above photo are the types that love fanning the flames of race issues. The media adds more fuel to that fire by constantly covering it.
    It only becomes a race issue when a "person of color" (can't say "black") is involved.
    The media is allowing these arseholes to take center stage and they create an atmosphere that it happens all the time.
    I don't give a flying fu@k what your skin color is. If you wanna bow up to me and cuss me out while right after you swiped the phone of someone I just placed into custody and I'm outnumbered....PHUCK YOU!!!! I don't give 2 $#itz what race, color or creed you are, I'd react the same way these officers did, and you would too. Don't deny it.
    These fine men will most certainly get their jobs back, and the local news outlets will cover it for about a month unless another "mass shooting" occurs. That's when they cover it so much that a kid that feels like a nobody, can be a somebody just by getting a higher body count.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Scumbags that race bait arguments like everyone in the above photo are the types that love fanning the flames of race issues. The media adds more fuel to that fire by constantly covering it.
    It only becomes a race issue when a "person of color" (can't say "black") is involved.
    The media is allowing these arseholes to take center stage and they create an atmosphere that it happens all the time.
    I don't give a flying fu@k what your skin color is. If you wanna bow up to me and cuss me out while right after you swiped the phone of someone I just placed into custody and I'm outnumbered....PHUCK YOU!!!! I don't give 2 $#itz what race, color or creed you are, I'd react the same way these officers did, and you would too. Don't deny it.
    These fine men will most certainly get their jobs back, and the local news outlets will cover it for about a month unless another "mass shooting" occurs. That's when they cover it so much that a kid that feels like a nobody, can be a somebody just by getting a higher body count.
    Thanks Sensie!!!

Unregistered
    “Delucca Rolle did nothing, and he was charged with a crime. I’ll tell you what his crime was: the color of his skin,”
    say Benjamin Crump.

Civil Rights Attorney, NAACP demand equal justice for an alleged coverup of a violent assault involving a teen and deputies

by: Erica Pettway, WSVN STAFF
    Posted: Nov 15, 2019 / 12:24 PM CST/ Updated: Nov 15, 2019 / 12:34 PM CST

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. (WIAT & WSVN) Attorney Ben Crump and Civil Rights leaders with the NAACP met at the Broward Public Defender’s Office in Fort Lauderdale Thursday to demand justice for Delucca Rolle.

Two deputies from the Broward County Sheriff’s Office are facing charges related to an alleged coverup of the violent assault of Rolle on April 18th in Tamarac, Florida. Rolle, a high school freshman at the time, attracted national concern when a video showed deputies slamming his face to the ground and pepper-spraying him outside a McDonald’s.

Now, months later, Civil Rights Attorney Crump, who is defending Rolle, claims the treatment of the officers involved is staggering compared to the treatment of the officer who was caught on camera slamming a student of the same age to the ground.

Civil Rights activists in the press conference said there was a clear racial bias at the State Attorney’s Office.

Rolle was originally arrested and charged with resisting arrest and battery on an officer, but when cellphone video showing the arrest was released, it showed a different scenario. The deputies have seen pepper-spraying the teenager and throwing him on the ground before slamming his face against the pavement and punching him.

According to Crump and NAACP members, three white deputies involved were charged with misdemeanors in the case of Rolle, but when the video released last week showed a black BSO deputy slamming the 15-year-old girl on the ground, they said, he was fired nearly a week later and charged with a felony.

BSO, however, said the deputy has been suspended without pay.

The civil rights leaders said the two cases are similar and the only difference is the students’ skin color.

Crump and the NAACP members are calling for the State Attorney’s Office to review the charges against the deputies involved in Rolle’s case and upgrade them to felonies. They also claimed there is a racial bias inside the State Attorney’s Office.

“She kicked him, but she wasn’t charged with a crime,” said Crump. “Delucca Rolle did nothing, and he was charged with a crime. I’ll tell you what his crime was: the color of his skin.”

Prosecutors have not yet filed formal charges against Miller.

The State Attorney’s Office said that although Rolle was initially arrested, once they looked at all of the evidence, the State Attorney’s Office decided not to file any charges. They did, however, file misdemeanor charges against all three deputies involved.

Trial two for the deputies involved in the Rolle case is still pending.
    I have to agree, that Sgt. Should never be employed again for his actions and that of his 2 other coworkers. Justice for Luca.

Unregistered
    I'm sorry, but can anyone explain why we are listening to anything that Benjamin Crump says? Wasn't he the one who said that George Zimmerman brutally attacked an innocent teenager walking home from buying a pack of Skittles, WITH HIS FACE, and then gunning him down in cold blood, WHILE THE INNOCENT TEENAGER STRADDLED HIS BODY, PUMMELED HIS FACE AND SLAMMED HIS HEAD ON THE CONCRETE SIDEWALK?

Lots of credibility there.

Unregistered
    I have to agree, that Sgt. Should never be employed again for his actions and that of his 2 other coworkers. Justice for Luca.
    I agree with you I have seen that Sgt. In another District do worse than what he did to that poor black boy. He needs to be fired for sure.

Unregistered
    Delucca picked up a phone belonging to a kid being placed in custody....THEFT
    Delucca bowed up to officer as property was going to be recovered....ASSAULT
    Delucca was physically directed to the ground but refused to comply by tensing up...RESISTING
    Delucca continued tensing and resisting until a little pop to the head caused compliance.
    Officers immediately de-escalated as soon as they gained compliance.

These officers will get their jobs back.

Unregistered
    We all know they did nothing wrong. Training signed off on this immediately after it happened.

Unregistered
    Delucca picked up a phone belonging to a kid being placed in custody....THEFT
    Delucca bowed up to officer as property was going to be recovered....ASSAULT
    Delucca was physically directed to the ground but refused to comply by tensing up...RESISTING
    Delucca continued tensing and resisting until a little pop to the head caused compliance.
    Officers immediately de-escalated as soon as they gained compliance.

These officers will get their jobs back.
    Theft and assault now that's some creative writing. I hope that's not there defense strategy.

Unregistered
    Theft and assault now that's some creative writing. I hope that's not there defense strategy.
    I believe you meant "their", and YES. With an attorney that's savvy, experienced and has enough common sense knowledge will, (and I repeat) WILL get their jobs back. You just have an instilled predisposition that is anti law enforcement due to lack of experiencing the same situation. And you've based this all on the snippets of video you see on t.v. of outnumbered cops, surrounded by a volatile mob. I'd absolutely love to see how you would've/could've handled it better.
    Once diversionary force was used, Delucca realized he was longer dealing with "push over cops" and stopped resisting. The officer de-escalated immediately.
    This job can be violent at times. Get use to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast