I don't understand how you guys aren't living the dream. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Unregistered
    Once a tool always a tool

Unregistered
    That’s life in fort myers. Alls we hear is the captain saying how much better he can run things and how screwed up our agency is and how they asked him to be chief but he doesn’t want to live up there. Then how about you shit your mouth and stay in your office.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That’s life in fort myers. Alls we hear is the captain saying how much better he can run things and how screwed up our agency is and how they asked him to be chief but he doesn’t want to live up there. Then how about you shit your mouth and stay in your office.
    No one asked him to be chief.

Unregistered
    What’s the alternative? Both of your LTs down there can’t lead their way out of a closet let alone lead a district

Unregistered

Details

Off Duty details using the State Vehicle are coming to an end. Stay tuned!!!

Unregistered
    Seems fair. The cars aren't being used for state business very much now anyway. No reason to keep them around so some twit can use it to make $$$$

Unregistered
    They don’t have enough lights to be used in my opinion. Long time coming

Unregistered
    pool cars are coming

Unregistered
    What sort of details do you guys work? Games? Bars and clubs and whatnot, or closing down lanes of traffic for construction etc? Legitimate question, as I never really considered that you guys would have the opportunity to work OD gigs. Do you guys have sort of uniform that identifies you as LE at all? I remember a few years back, there were a couple of marked Impalas running around, but I haven't seen any for quite a long time, so they may have gone the way of the DoDo bird for all I know. I met one of your guys who had a full on tac-vest in his trunk for then the SHTF, but nothing else other than a badge and windbreaker to identify as LE.

Sorry for the questions, but your agency and duties have always sort of intrigued me. Stay safe.

Unregistered
    What sort of details do you guys work? Games? Bars and clubs and whatnot, or closing down lanes of traffic for construction etc? Legitimate question, as I never really considered that you guys would have the opportunity to work OD gigs. Do you guys have sort of uniform that identifies you as LE at all? I remember a few years back, there were a couple of marked Impalas running around, but I haven't seen any for quite a long time, so they may have gone the way of the DoDo bird for all I know. I met one of your guys who had a full on tac-vest in his trunk for then the SHTF, but nothing else other than a badge and windbreaker to identify as LE.

Sorry for the questions, but your agency and duties have always sort of intrigued me. Stay safe.
    We cannot work OD at anyplace that has a alcohol license or is regulated by DBPR. That eliminates most gigs. OD is usually in a construction zone or skating rink or cinema or something like that. We have a Class C uniform for times you need to appear "policey"
    The marked Impalas were short lived. They were de-striped a couple years after the debut. We really aren't equipped for police style OD. Putting a goober in a uniform doesn't make them a law enforcement officer. That has always been a problem for us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast