I don't understand how you guys aren't living the dream.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

I don't understand how you guys aren't living the dream.

I get that the pay isn't the greatest, but that's the State's fault, not necessarily ABT's. You guys are a unique LE agency with a ton of freedom. How the heck did things get so messed up over there? You guys should be basking in all your glory with your unmarked cars and plainclothes. Where did it all go wrong?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I get that the pay isn't the greatest, but that's the State's fault, not necessarily ABT's. You guys are a unique LE agency with a ton of freedom. How the heck did things get so messed up over there? You guys should be basking in all your glory with your unmarked cars and plainclothes. Where did it all go wrong?
    I don't think anything "went wrong"
    The malcontents are more vocal than the rest of us. This is a great job with benefits that really make being here worthwhile. The problems are a matter of perception. If you come here with the thought this is a law enforcement agency you will be disappointed. We are a regulatory agency with a specific area of responsibility. This is a low speed-low drag agency. If you consider yourself an "operator" you won't like it here. Many have issues with the civilian leadership and the practice of spending half your time documenting what you have done but an hour doing paperwork pays the same as an hour doing compliance checks. Sure, things could be better but this is still the best job in a state agency.

Unregistered
    We have a few captains particularly in the south that think we should be seal team 6 and they continuously bash the agency leadership to their people. Get rid of the captains and it would send a message. The people in those offices would probably be really happy too.

Unregistered
    We have a few captains particularly in the south that think we should be seal team 6 and they continuously bash the agency leadership to their people. Get rid of the captains and it would send a message. The people in those offices would probably be really happy too.
    Let me guess. Not one of them came up through the ranks. Not one of them spent anytime doing anything for the office but instead focused on their petty crusades to save us. Identify them and fire them. Draw straws in the office and the short straw is captain. Things would operate just fine and people would be happy.

Unregistered
    Alls I know is everytime we have a staff meeting and the captain starts telling us how much more we can be doing the lieutenant shakes his head and then later apologizes on his behalf

Unregistered
    Alls I know is everytime we have a staff meeting and the captain starts telling us how much more we can be doing the lieutenant shakes his head and then later apologizes on his behalf
    We must be in the same office! At the meetings where we go over the emails sent last week we gauge the value by watching the LT. If the LT makes note, so do we.

Unregistered
    We must be in the same office! At the meetings where we go over the emails sent last week we gauge the value by watching the LT. If the LT makes note, so do we.
    Our Captain doesn't meet with us unless he really needs to. Otherwise he lets our LT run the show.

Unregistered
    Our captains a complete idiot. Our Lt congratulated us for finishing our synars so early and the captain got mad because he said we had to do 16 synars a quarter at the minimum. It was quite embarrassing when our LT (who should be the captain) had to explain the difference between a random tobacco and a synar.

Unregistered
    Our captains a complete idiot. Our Lt congratulated us for finishing our synars so early and the captain got mad because he said we had to do 16 synars a quarter at the minimum. It was quite embarrassing when our LT (who should be the captain) had to explain the difference between a random tobacco and a synar.
    Sadly, that is a common occurrence. Your captain is like most. He has never done a survey. Remember he was hired to "manage" and everyone knows you don't need job knowledge to manage people.

Unregistered
    I guess they didn’t do synars in Denver huh

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast