Miami Black Police Union calls for Colina to resign!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unregistered

Miami Black Police Union calls for Colina to resign!

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/...ship-564960202. Several officers with City of Miami police expressed their frustrations Thursday with the department, claiming there is a lack of leadership and a problem with promoting black male officers into executive positions.
    Seasoned Miami police officers Sgt. Stanley Jean-Poix and Lt. Ramon Carr told NBC 6 that black male officers are severely underrepresented in the department, especially in Chief Jorge R. Colina's management team. Out of a staff of 35 executives, three are black men.
    "We would like to see the chief removed and possibly the police department to a nationwide search or at least an internal process," said Jean-Poix, who is also the president of the Miami Community Police Benevolent Association (MCPBA), an officer advocacy group with predominant African-American membership.
    "If the community really understood the back story of what's going on in the police department, they would really be surprised," said Carr, who is vice president of the MCPBA.
    Surveillance Released of NE Miami-Dade Synagogue Shooting
    But Colina pushed back on the allegations in a phone interview with NBC 6.
    "I believe the motivation is that they're not happy that I have promoted black females," he said. "And I know that because they've told me, 'We want you to promote males, not females,' well, I'm sorry I don't function that way."
    Including women, there nine African Americans are on Colina's executive staff.
    FIU Bridge Victims Would Share in $103 Million Settlement
    "We have several black females in leadership here and to say that we are not counted because we are not male is definitely a slap in the face," said Officer Cherise Gause, a 26-year veteran who was recently promoted to assistant chief.
    The MCPBA also claimed there is a lack of leadership and a dwindling group of veteran officers in units such as homicide, internal affairs and training.
    "When you don't have maturity at those levels, especially at the senior command staff level, then you are going to have a problem with your police department," Carr said.
    ONLY ON 6Broward County Mayor Wants to Prevent 737 Max From Operating at FLL
    In the city of Miami, 71% of residents are Hispanic, 15% are black and 10% are white. In comparison, police department's officers are 65% Hispanic, 26% black and 8% white.
    The MCPBA will hold a news conference Friday to call for action.

Unregistered
    Carr is mad because he wants to be the first black one eyed commander aka

black Captain HOOK

Unregistered
    So Carr injures himself while off duty golfing, gets to keep working limited duty instead of being terminated or being reclassified into a non-sworn city job, and now he has even been allowed to retire and enter the DROP program.

He should be thanking every Chief and City Manager who has allowed him to get rich off of the backs of the Miami tax payers.

Chief Colina should end his DROP now and send him packing. What an ungrateful SOB.

Unregistered
    Typical. The whole group is made up of zeros. Corrupt as hell if you remember the Prez that was arrested. The favorite term is because I am black. Get a life.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Typical. The whole group is made up of zeros. Corrupt as hell if you remember the Prez that was arrested. The favorite term is because I am black. Get a life.
    Vernell Reynolds only stole $200,000. You’re just upset because she’s a black cougar. The truth is she’s the one that poked Carr’s eye out with a chicken fork she used to sheeth the gonads of the roosters. She kept her pension thanks to Manny Morales

Unregistered
    Hey Colina is this the same homicide unit that falsely arrested 3 black males for a murder?

Unregistered
    Yep the same one where a MCPBA activist text someone he shouldn’t had. Let’s go there

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Vernell Reynolds only stole $200,000. You’re just upset because she’s a black cougar. The truth is she’s the one that poked Carr’s eye out with a chicken fork she used to sheeth the gonads of the roosters. She kept her pension thanks to Manny Morales
    I heard she’s going to be the next honor guard reserve for citizens on patrol

Unregistered
    They are 100% wrong about promotions. They are also 100% right about the maturity level of homicide. The most senior homicide detective was Washington and he is back in patrol. Out of the 25 detectives only 3 had previously investigation experience. The other 22 came straight from patrol or PST.

Unregistered
    Ask why Washington is in patrol. Talk about maturity. You want to go there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast