School Resource Officers are now officially caregivers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

School Resource Officers are now officially caregivers

Per the SAO, school resource officers are now classified as caregivers per state law while the deputy on the street is not. Enough your time working in the schools guys.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/b...mdi-story.html

Unregistered
    Every LEA in the state should remove their personnel from every school in the state and let the school boards put their own sworn personnel in place. They can do it. The school board has the legal authority to establish it own LEA with sworn officers. They won't because they do not want the liability.

Unregistered
    They’ve always been caregivers, I don’t think any of them could be considered cops... completely useless.

Unregistered
    Another way to pass the buck and avoid responsibility for yourself. School personnel has always been the caregiver in lieu of the parent while the child was in school.

Now, SRO’s are responsible? Absurd.

Teachers and school admin are lazy and unaccountable enough as it is. Cops aren’t caregivers.

Unregistered
    So, with this county turning bluer and bluer you can only imagine how they will use this logic in the future for their political purposes, SRO's you might want to start filling out your transfer slips asap!

Unregistered
    You couldn't pay me enough to be an SRO now. Runcie and the school board will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat to save themselves. Teachers are told to call the SRO to handle things, that way the school board and teachers can't be held accountable. I'd rather work in Pompano than be an SRO, if I weren't already here. To my brothers and sisters in schools get out while you can, you are nothing more than scapegoats for the school board. Make the county spend their money filling the schools with security personnel. Which by the way, the Guardian program is a joke. Have you seen the people they are hiring, if they're not 80ish they have never held a firearm in their life. I'm sorry to say this whole thing is a joke!

Unregistered
    Ok caregivers your are now responsible for little Johnny, or should I saw Johnnys because your now responsible for every kid at that school. The school board now owns you fools, Ha Ha Ha. The SAO stated your not deputy sheriffs your caregivers in their eyes.

Unregistered

Suckers

What is truly sad is that since no one who has been a cop for more than a minute, would ever take an SRO assignment. So the sheriff is putting rookie cops, with 6 months one the job, into the schools. Faced with years of junior midnight shift, I understand why the rookie would want it. Weekends off. 7a-3p M-F. But what a disservice to those deps. Their careers will suffer and they will learn nothing. It’s ok though. You just need to pass a test. I heard they just promoted Tammy Measel. She was such a useless POS as a Parkland PSD SRO, that the Westglades middle School principal asked that she be removed. She worked the PSB fishbowl, hid in D5 for a few months, took the Sgt test and got promoted. Almost lost her stripes as a boss in NL so they sent her to LBTS where she was shadowed by a senior SGT. A few years later, she’s now a LT. God help BSO.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is truly sad is that since no one who has been a cop for more than a minute, would ever take an SRO assignment. So the sheriff is putting rookie cops, with 6 months one the job, into the schools. Faced with years of junior midnight shift, I understand why the rookie would want it. Weekends off. 7a-3p M-F. But what a disservice to those deps. Their careers will suffer and they will learn nothing. It’s ok though. You just need to pass a test. I heard they just promoted Tammy Measel. She was such a useless POS as a Parkland PSD SRO, that the Westglades middle School principal asked that she be removed. She worked the PSB fishbowl, hid in D5 for a few months, took the Sgt test and got promoted. Almost lost her stripes as a boss in NL so they sent her to LBTS where she was shadowed by a senior SGT. A few years later, she’s now a LT. God help BSO.
    The same thing can be said for sending rookies out of the academy to Parkland. Why? They’ll learn nothing and then someday be promoted and sent to a real district. This agency is in a death spiral.
    But the money is good.

Unregistered
    Great than now we have a right to allow Detective in the schools to interview and arrest on outside cases.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast