Staffing - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Staffing

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    The posts by these young people with no time on the job at all always complain about getting rid of this person and that person, all of who are rank and have put many years on this job is a joke. It use to take 8 yrs minimum to even make a Cpl. rank here. Now it is handed out easily and if one doesn't get it in a couple of years, they become disgruntled and want a spot in rank or complain. You young people have have a terrible retirement now of what 30 yrs..? Will you even be around this job when you get 20 yrs on? And if you do make it that far, I will bet you the new generation of hires when you make it that far, and still 10 years from a retirement will be trying to complain on you.... and want your job as they think they deserve...I can guarantee you, it's a cycle...but now the cycle has been extended even longer for you, if you even make it on the job here for that many years ahead.
    I mean no disrespect but I'm not young or new and this is absurd. The problems are real and the people causing the problems are real.

Unregistered
    You lie or live in your own reality. What are the problems, besides running down the people that have worked here for years and put their time in on the job here, working for the same retirement you hope to get one day? Sounds like you have all the answers. They will do the same to you when you get in the position and they are unhappy. Put your time in on the job and the career then come back and talk about how you are going to change things by getting rid of people that have done it before you and put the time in. Trust me it will happen to you to years from know if you stick it out. I have been were you are and one day you will be where I am if you do not let the negativity eat you up and stick with your career. One day you might be in the position to make the decisions that run this department.

Unregistered
    You lie or live in your own reality. What are the problems, besides running down the people that have worked here for years and put their time in on the job here, working for the same retirement you hope to get one day? Sounds like you have all the answers. They will do the same to you when you get in the position and they are unhappy. Put your time in on the job and the career then come back and talk about how you are going to change things by getting rid of people that have done it before you and put the time in. Trust me it will happen to you to years from know if you stick it out. I have been were you are and one day you will be where I am if you do not let the negativity eat you up and stick with your career. One day you might be in the position to make the decisions that run this department.
    I'll try this again since you apparently didn't get it the first time. I'm not new or young. This mindset right here, this is why nothing ever changes.

Unregistered
    Fire all the people that have made it to retirement on this job or close to it and take over the agency and run it the way you want it run.

Unregistered
    I am new on the job, but I say we just get rid of the police union and do like the business world does, work under a contract and if you are not performing the right way, you are gone. A 401K too instead of retirement system. I do the job and get it done! No old timers that soak up a place and pay. Makes sense to me.

Unregistered
    I am new on the job, but I say we just get rid of the police union and do like the business world does, work under a contract and if you are not performing the right way, you are gone. A 401K too instead of retirement system. I do the job and get it done! No old timers that soak up a place and pay. Makes sense to me.
    Excellent post! It’s time for the newer breed of progressive and professional thinkers to take the agency into the future. It’s time to advance things so higher pay is justified due to increased professionalism. It’s time for senior members who did nothing to stand out when they were new and who continue to do nothing to stop stealing a paycheck. It’s time for the dead weight to get out of the way of progress, sit down and STFU.

Unregistered
    Ah, you really want to mediate or litigate whether or not you met the terms of your employment contract with the people that wrote it for their benefit? Boy, you are young and inexperienced and have never read such an intentionally vague and one sided document.

I mean, as I said, these things are written by the employer and their legal team always does an excellent job of slanting things in their favor.

A 401k is great when the market is strong, but there is something to be said for a defined benefit plan where your pension is coming regardless of market conditions. This job doesn’t pay enough to gamble so I like the guaranteed payment option and will continue to live within my means when I retire. I also know that I will need another job to pay for healthcare.

Just some food for thought!

Unregistered
    Florida pension pays 6.5%-7% on the average. A good matching 401K will yield 11%-12% and can make a lot more money, but....can tank and leave you with a lot less. The stock market is legalized gambling. I will stick with the pension even though most work places are trying to get rid of it.

Unregistered
    1 sgt and 1 officer x8 all day on patrol. Wow!!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
    1 sgt and 1 officer x8 all day on patrol. Wow!!
    fake fukcing news!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast