Sexually Harassed Woman Betrayed by SSO PIO Kaitlyn Perez? - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    So she gives her friend heads up knowing this lady will be in danger and still has a job? What is going on at this place? Has the paper followed up on this?

Unregistered
    Anybody hear if she received any discipline on this? If anybody else did it they would be gone.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anybody hear if she received any discipline on this? If anybody else did it they would be gone.
    The original reporter of the first story is Chris Anderson and you can reach him at Chris.anderson@heraldtribune.com

Email Chris and ask him if the H-T did a public records request of the SSO on any disciplinary investigations on Kaitlyn Perez and/or ask if the H-T is currently doing any other related investigations on Perez's actions.

Unregistered
    Doesn’t seem as though she has received any disciplinary actions, by the looks of their social media accounts (which she controls) It seems to be business as usual! As someone mentioned before, she’s protected by the “inner circle”. Her claim to fame is, “if you’re in my corner I will get you what you want”. She uses her position to grab the attention of those she feels she needs attention from, makes promises (that she has no control of), manipulates them, and then takes advantage of them. She should be investigated for a lot more than this case, from what I hear.......interesting that she landed herself in the middle of a sexual harassment case......she has a tendency of her own to “meaningless flirt” with coworkers. Nothing polished about that apple!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Media View Post
    Im confused,,, Since when did Sexual Harassment become a State Crime that requires any Florida Law Enforcement agency to even get involved? Wouldn't that be something you seek legal advice for?

Unregistered
    You have to take into account the article was written on the OPINION page not as a news article. So the ulterior motive of the mullet wrapper, which has never changed in the 25+ years I've been here, is to make the SSO look bad. The mullet wrapper has always been anti-law enforcement. After all its parent company is the New York Times and we all know that the NYT is such a class(less) operation. "All the news that's fit to print" is their motto but they fail to also include that it's fit to print as long as it is along the liberal agenda.

Now I am not saying what Perez did wasn't wrong morally, what I am saying is that they intent of that article was to throw shade on all of us that wear the uniform and do our job.

Unregistered
    I am not saying that what Perez did wasn't wrong morally.
    It's all about internal double-standards. For example, if Perez had a political target on her back, then Knight would order his henchmen to investigate and punish her to the maximum, to include termination for conduct unbecoming. Conversely, Perez (or Ron Locke or whoever) are in Knight's protected inner political circle, so Knight will not order an investigation of her actions, even though her actions cause the public to condemn and distrust law enforcement. Again, it's all about internal double-standards. SSO employees and civilians respect honesty and forthrightness, but not open hypocrisy.

Unregistered
    The parent company of the H-T is the New York Times and we all know that the NYT is such a class(less) operation.
    It's true that the NYT is "fake news garbage." However, the H-T was sold by the NYT back in 2012 and it's now owned by New Media Investment Group.

Unregistered
    You have to take into account the article was written on the OPINION page not as a news article. So the ulterior motive of the mullet wrapper, which has never changed in the 25+ years I've been here, is to make the SSO look bad. The mullet wrapper has always been anti-law enforcement. After all its parent company is the New York Times and we all know that the NYT is such a class(less) operation. "All the news that's fit to print" is their motto but they fail to also include that it's fit to print as long as it is along the liberal agenda.

Now I am not saying what Perez did wasn't wrong morally, what I am saying is that they intent of that article was to throw shade on all of us that wear the uniform and do our job.
    Supply and demand determine whether newspapers will sell or not. Reporters must get stories that sell. If it bleeds, it sells. Reporters do not want to "make us look bad" because we occasionally do that without their help. For example:

• Look at the Perez case written by Chris Anderson from the H-T. The opinion section followed afterwards, due to public outrage.
    • Look at the infamous Locke case that Knight refused to investigate, after Locke impregnated a juvenile (when he was a cop). And then when FDLE investigated Locke (because Knight refused to investigate him), Knight said, "I could have done a better job" (or words to that effect). His public comment was hypocritical. SSO employees do not like open hypocrisy.
    • Look at when Knight sent nasty texts, calling Shirley Brown names, while he was on-duty. The newspaper printed those texts, not for the purpose of making Knight look bad, but for the purpose of selling newspapers. Knight made himself look bad, but he still does not accept responsibility for his bad behavior(s). Welcome to social media.

Unregistered
    Look at when Knight sent nasty texts, calling Shirley Brown names, while he was on-duty. The newspaper printed those texts, not for the purpose of making Knight look bad, but for the purpose of selling newspapers. Knight made himself look bad, but he still does not accept responsibility for his bad behavior(s). Welcome to social media.
    Here are 3 common sense social media rules to prevent public records searches of your texts and emails. Do not send incriminating texts or emails:

1. From a department issued phone
    2. To another phone that is government issued
    3. While on-duty

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast