All sergeants and lieutenants must go to the road first!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

All sergeants and lieutenants must go to the road first!

This is an issue that has occurred in all administrations and its wrong. All new sergeants and lieutenants must go to the road first! It’s where you learn the job. You’re going to be too tough or too lenient. You’re going to make mistakes. You’re going to learn to work with subordinates who have no ambition and are ok with being mediocre or lazy. You’re going to have to learn to reward the ones who aren’t and keep them motivated. You’re going to have to learn how to weed out the rare person that is not meant for this job. There should be zero exceptions to this rule! NONE! 9 months probation makes sense but at least 3 months on the road. We have sergeants and lieutenants with none! Hendricks has none! The pilots they promote have none. The SVU sergeant has none. Cody had 3 weeks. It’s disgraceful. Make minimum standard and keep it. You’ll earn respect from everyone.
    But no, come back to our specialty unit and work with talented people that want to be here. Meanwhile we’ll try to hold the scene for ya.
    That says it all. Treat the road like shit. And you’ll get shit. Rant over

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is an issue that has occurred in all administrations and its wrong. All new sergeants and lieutenants must go to the road first! It’s where you learn the job. You’re going to be too tough or too lenient. You’re going to make mistakes. You’re going to learn to work with subordinates who have no ambition and are ok with being mediocre or lazy. You’re going to have to learn to reward the ones who aren’t and keep them motivated. You’re going to have to learn how to weed out the rare person that is not meant for this job. There should be zero exceptions to this rule! NONE! 9 months probation makes sense but at least 3 months on the road. We have sergeants and lieutenants with none! Hendricks has none! The pilots they promote have none. The SVU sergeant has none. Cody had 3 weeks. It’s disgraceful. Make minimum standard and keep it. You’ll earn respect from everyone.
    But no, come back to our specialty unit and work with talented people that want to be here. Meanwhile we’ll try to hold the scene for ya.
    That says it all. Treat the road like shit. And you’ll get shit. Rant over
    I agree with you. You should have to some time on the road after being promoted. The problem is some of the special promotions won't make it if they go to the road or a busy district. 9 months for a newly promoted Sgt and 6 months for a newly promoted Lt can be a long time when you don't know what you are doing. The chance of failure is too risky and could make the administration look bad. After this last set of promotions they don't need anymore help looking bad.

Unregistered
    I agree with you. You should have to some time on the road after being promoted. The problem is some of the special promotions won't make it if they go to the road or a busy district. 9 months for a newly promoted Sgt and 6 months for a newly promoted Lt can be a long time when you don't know what you are doing. The chance of failure is too risky and could make the administration look bad. After this last set of promotions they don't need anymore help looking bad.
    Who cares!!!! Nobody...that's who.. look at the sammich maker jailer who went from a lazy deputy who called in sick all the time and was magic wanded to captain. That's how things go around here pal!!!

Unregistered
    What sergeants getting promoted Saturday are not going to the road? I think they all are. I think everyone does in fact. Quit crying.

Unregistered
    What sergeants getting promoted Saturday are not going to the road? I think they all are. I think everyone does in fact. Quit crying.
    No, they are going to the rank of Captain

Unregistered

Cry baby

is It true a 2 month promoted Sgt couldn’t handle the road and somehow got transferred to the Courthouse? From D-10? What about veteran Sgts who wanted to transfer there? Well I guess if you can go from Sgt to Captain it doesn’t surprise anyone.

Unregistered
    is It true a 2 month promoted Sgt couldn’t handle the road and somehow got transferred to the Courthouse? From D-10? What about veteran Sgts who wanted to transfer there? Well I guess if you can go from Sgt to Captain it doesn’t surprise anyone.
    Of course they did, they have to find a way for that retard to make probation.

Unregistered
    Mario Poppins is a rat POS. Just another mistake lying in wait, maybe he will take his shirt off.

Unregistered
    That’s the least of the problems that’s going on in Deerfield ...

Unregistered
    Believe me nobody wants him back at the courthouse. We were extremely happy to see him go. The only reason he is coming back is because he’s Tianga’s little ass kisser. Speaking of Tianga I here his time is limited, all his shady dealings at the courthouse are going to come to light. Karma is a *****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast