Here we go again, mo money, me money, mo money !!!!!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Here we go again, mo money, me money, mo money !!!!!

Well here it is folks, they are at it again, 400k for the tank, 350K for the traffic unit, 17million to run the dept and now 30 million for a new PD headquarters. ( actually cost estimates to include the land near the post office is 40 million) I have to give them credit, they are persistent and smart and cunning. Case in point, all the vehicles parked in the secured area of the PD, looks like the lot is full. But realistically most are not in-service vehs most are going to auction, but not knowing this one would think they needed a bigger lot. Lets look at the so called over abundance of evidence, there is plenty of unused areas of the PD, the never used jail cells, all the useless offices, has it gotten so critical the asst chief, commanders etc have evidence in their offices, no way. This whole thing is a shame started by, you guessed it Asst chief CM. See he has this thing, if another PD has something, he needs it, the tank, SPD has one, he needed one, the traffic unit, others have one, he needed one better, SPD and other PDs have a motorcycle unit, he needs one ( not yet, but its coming) and yes Venice PD is building a new public safety Bldg and you guessed it, we need one. No one is fooling anyone here. The pink castle is more than adequate to provide headquarters for years to come , need room, move the garage employees over to the DPW garage, frees up the whole garage building, cars are already fixed at the DPW anyway. Move the tank and the command center under a permanent canopy in the rear lot. Re open the substation on NP blvd, No its a lot easier to dupe the commissioners and fleece the taxpayers. Hire more officers they say, so we can what keep the SRO,s hire more homeless liaison cops, promote more detectives and command staff and still keep patrol understaffed. Very poor leadership. The problem is this and simply this, the last commission was hard on the PD, gave them very little,(ABCD) When change was made and the new commishs gave the dept raises, new vehicles and were duped into thinking we are your last line of defense, the criminals are banging at our doors, we are not capable of handling all this crime, the commission virtually gave the PD a blank check, just how much has this cost us so far. The time is now to tear up that blank check and say NO to a new police HQ. Renovate/enlarge to police garage to store evidence, re open the substation on NP blvd. If the PD can get grants to fully cover the new HQ and not cost the taxpayers a dime, that's great. If the commishes cave and give in, just what happens to the old station, the PD is not going to relinquish this, it was specifically made for them, so now we are paying for two headquarters and a substation, and the small army they want. They need to learn to live within our means, work with what you got and remember its election year, do not support any candidate who places the wants of the PD over their fiscal responsibility to us, the taxpayers.

Unregistered
    You obviously do not and have never worked at the PD. You also have obviously never worked in law enforcement. Before coming on to the NPPD board why not do some research. Had you done some research instead of sprouting off rhetoric that wasn't even close being accurate you would know things such as the former holding cell full of property and evidence. If you have one ounce of integrity or even care about if you info is accurate, call down to the PD and ask firsthand. It is not difficult. You are just a negative person with nothing better to do than try and stir up the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Well here it is folks, they are at it again, 400k for the tank, 350K for the traffic unit, 17million to run the dept and now 30 million for a new PD headquarters. ( actually cost estimates to include the land near the post office is 40 million) I have to give them credit, they are persistent and smart and cunning. Case in point, all the vehicles parked in the secured area of the PD, looks like the lot is full. But realistically most are not in-service vehs most are going to auction, but not knowing this one would think they needed a bigger lot. Lets look at the so called over abundance of evidence, there is plenty of unused areas of the PD, the never used jail cells, all the useless offices, has it gotten so critical the asst chief, commanders etc have evidence in their offices, no way. This whole thing is a shame started by, you guessed it Asst chief CM. See he has this thing, if another PD has something, he needs it, the tank, SPD has one, he needed one, the traffic unit, others have one, he needed one better, SPD and other PDs have a motorcycle unit, he needs one ( not yet, but its coming) and yes Venice PD is building a new public safety Bldg and you guessed it, we need one. No one is fooling anyone here. The pink castle is more than adequate to provide headquarters for years to come , need room, move the garage employees over to the DPW garage, frees up the whole garage building, cars are already fixed at the DPW anyway. Move the tank and the command center under a permanent canopy in the rear lot. Re open the substation on NP blvd, No its a lot easier to dupe the commissioners and fleece the taxpayers. Hire more officers they say, so we can what keep the SRO,s hire more homeless liaison cops, promote more detectives and command staff and still keep patrol understaffed. Very poor leadership. The problem is this and simply this, the last commission was hard on the PD, gave them very little,(ABCD) When change was made and the new commishs gave the dept raises, new vehicles and were duped into thinking we are your last line of defense, the criminals are banging at our doors, we are not capable of handling all this crime, the commission virtually gave the PD a blank check, just how much has this cost us so far. The time is now to tear up that blank check and say NO to a new police HQ. Renovate/enlarge to police garage to store evidence, re open the substation on NP blvd. If the PD can get grants to fully cover the new HQ and not cost the taxpayers a dime, that's great. If the commishes cave and give in, just what happens to the old station, the PD is not going to relinquish this, it was specifically made for them, so now we are paying for two headquarters and a substation, and the small army they want. They need to learn to live within our means, work with what you got and remember its election year, do not support any candidate who places the wants of the PD over their fiscal responsibility to us, the taxpayers.

Unregistered
    You obviously do not and have never worked at the PD. You also have obviously never worked in law enforcement. Before coming on to the NPPD board why not do some research. Had you done some research instead of sprouting off rhetoric that wasn't even close being accurate you would know things such as the former holding cell full of property and evidence. If you have one ounce of integrity or even care about if you info is accurate, call down to the PD and ask firsthand. It is not difficult. You are just a negative person with nothing better to do than try and stir up the board.
    Hope your swollen big head is not to heavy for the soapbox ur standing on, so the NEVER used jail cells have some evidence in them but apparently I made up the rest, but since you only mentioned the holding cells hmmmm. Don't you just love the good old boyz style ignorant rant, u never worked here, you never were a leo, you don't know what your talking about and yet you tout your integrity, ok let me go street on you, your an ahole who probably got your street creds writing tickets or harassing the homeless, or maybe some leo lover/badge bunny who watches the rookie reruns, who cares. so here is some rhetoric you can understand, no more new toys, no new police building, you have fleeced us one to many times. There is no, let me repeat no major crime or volume of crimes which warrants all this unnecessary spending of the taxpayers money. Put the leos on the street where they belong, not some homeless liaison, traffic unit or whatever you want to create next. PS junior, collecting my retirement check and loving the free life. It's time for the voters and taxpayers to take notice, ignore there we need this to keep u safe rhetoric, we can no longer afford there wish list. If the leaders insist, then they need to go and get a leader who can work with what they already have. Isn't it ironic that the new chief and his many/ many transfers from Lee county worked for less pay and were less equipped than the NPPD, covered a much larger area and handled thousands of more crimes with a lot less and yet here Lee county north admin wants to bankrupt us in NP.. Open your eyes people, you think this past tax rate pi$$ed u off, keep giving in to there wants and you wont have any money left for your families. We need to send a message, no more money, work with what you have or work somewhere else !!!!!!!!

Unregistered
    This has been floating around city hall for over a year. The Pd admin, city manager and commissioners have all been discussing this away from the publics view. In reality this was discussed first when CM was interim chief. Commissioners VC and PE and Hanks are big supporters of the PD and are true believers in what they preach.

Unregistered
    I only addressed the Cells as that was the easiest. I dont have the time to go line by line nor do I care to on this message board meant for the cops. Secondly, I really could care less what someone speaks and writes that obviously has no clue.

Unregistered
    I only addressed the Cells as that was the easiest. I dont have the time to go line by line nor do I care to on this message board meant for the cops. Secondly, I really could care less what someone speaks and writes that obviously has no clue.
    First and foremost you do not dictate the terms and usage of this site, if you truly are an leo and not a wanna be then you should respect another leo's posts. You certainly can try and spin the truth but the truth is what it is, like it or not. If you are an leo then well it seems you are part of that 90% who were bullied as a kid and now have a badge, as they say in the NPPD, the badge makes the man. Me, well I never hid behind my badge, makes me the minority I guess, never kissed up and called it was. The Pd admin has some bu!!$hitted, look how wonderful we are now, when in fact its the same old same old crap daily. Lets tell the public that we need a new station because we are overburdened with evidence. I know you think NPPD is gods gift to cops, but the fact is over 90 % of the cases submitted to the SAO are not prosecuted, cant be lack of evidence we have over 70 thousand pieces, most are dismissed due to poor police work, Can never be refiled !!!! NPPD will never admit that and SAO will never comment, been there lived it. So now with all these cases being dismissed why not petition the court to release the so called stock pile of evidence no longer needed, pretty simple procedure. But then there would be no excuse for ASSt Chief CM and clan to have a new toy house. Yeah yeah we know what the evidence statute says and the period required to hold the evidence, but wait, once the case is dismissed and can never be refiled, its no longer evidence !!!!!HMM Duped again, I think not.

Unregistered
    First and foremost you do not dictate the terms and usage of this site, if you truly are an leo and not a wanna be then you should respect another leo's posts. You certainly can try and spin the truth but the truth is what it is, like it or not. If you are an leo then well it seems you are part of that 90% who were bullied as a kid and now have a badge, as they say in the NPPD, the badge makes the man. Me, well I never hid behind my badge, makes me the minority I guess, never kissed up and called it was. The Pd admin has some bu!!$hitted, look how wonderful we are now, when in fact its the same old same old crap daily. Lets tell the public that we need a new station because we are overburdened with evidence. I know you think NPPD is gods gift to cops, but the fact is over 90 % of the cases submitted to the SAO are not prosecuted, cant be lack of evidence we have over 70 thousand pieces, most are dismissed due to poor police work, Can never be refiled !!!! NPPD will never admit that and SAO will never comment, been there lived it. So now with all these cases being dismissed why not petition the court to release the so called stock pile of evidence no longer needed, pretty simple procedure. But then there would be no excuse for ASSt Chief CM and clan to have a new toy house. Yeah yeah we know what the evidence statute says and the period required to hold the evidence, but wait, once the case is dismissed and can never be refiled, its no longer evidence !!!!!HMM Duped again, I think not.

No way you are a North Port LEO with your lack of knowledge. Go find your own board stop posting crap that is not true!

Unregistered
    No way you are a North Port LEO with your lack of knowledge. Go find your own board stop posting crap that is not true!
    Again which part of retired did You not understand !!!!!!!! My own Board, sorry its not your ball and its not your game, done this for many years, you can never spin the truth, its been tried time after time and no matter how much crap you try and cover it up with its still the truth. Like it or not Im staying here and your wanna be badge heavy GED level comments will be met with a response always. So maybe its you mall cop/square badge who should go elsewhere !!!!

Unregistered
    Again which part of retired did You not understand !!!!!!!! My own Board, sorry its not your ball and its not your game, done this for many years, you can never spin the truth, its been tried time after time and no matter how much crap you try and cover it up with its still the truth. Like it or not Im staying here and your wanna be badge heavy GED level comments will be met with a response always. So maybe its you mall cop/square badge who should go elsewhere !!!!

Retired...pfftt in other words you have no knowledge of current events at the PD or space needs.

Unregistered
    Retired...pfftt in other words you have no knowledge of current events at the PD or space needs.
    Think about it, wait, is that to much brain usage, sorry I forgot your a wanna be warrior. You have said zero/ nothing to contradict anything, You just do the spin dance and try and fail miserably to attack the posts. No, seen your kind my whole career warriors yeh right, still think your a wanna be or square badge. In your best interest you should really refrain from the TV cop shows, its just not reality. The facts are the facts, like it or not and the fact is there is zero need for a new toy house, the pink castle is more than adequate for years to come. No substations needed, we have the one on NP blvd and the new one in West villages. The PD needs to stop the useless spending of the taxpayers monies, remember a few short years ago NP was nearly bankrupt, everybody suffered. History will repeat itself !!!!!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast