What does this mean for Carmine, now that Gov.DeSantis is getting sued ????

Unregistered

What does this mean for Carmine, now that Gov.DeSantis is getting sued ????

Scott Israel sues in federal court to be reinstated as Broward sheriff

By MARIO ARIZA
    SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL |
    NOV 23, 2019 | 6:58 PM

Scott Israel, the former sheriff of Broward County, has sued Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Senate President Bill Galvano in federal court.

Calling his suspension from office “little more than a sham and mockery of fairness and due process,” Scott Israel, the former sheriff of Broward County, has sued Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Senate President Bill Galvano in federal court.

The lawsuit, filed at about 11 p.m. Friday in the Northern District of Florida, asks U.S. District Court Judge William Stafford to reinstate Israel to his post, or — barring that — to set up an adjudication process that does not violate Israel’s due process rights.

Israel was suspended by DeSantis three days after the governor took office. The pretext for the dismissal was Israel’s handling of the January 6, 2017 shooting at the Fort Lauderdale airport and the February 14, 2018 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. The shootings resulted in five and 17 deaths, respectively.
    Who are the key players in the Scott Israel political drama ...

Israel looked for relief from his suspension in the Florida legislature, which appointed a special master to look into the matter.

Israel also sought to have his suspension overturned via a lawsuit in the state courts, but the Florida Supreme Court sided with DeSantis on the matter.

Though the special master appointed by the Florida legislature recommended that Israel be reinstated this September, the Florida Senate decided to uphold his suspension in a special session on Oct. 23.

In his federal court filings, Israel contends that new information was presented to the Florida Senate after the special master’s report but before the special session on his suspension. The former sheriff contends that he was not given “any meaningful opportunity to investigate, contest, or respond to the (new) information.”

As Parkland families watch, Florida Senate panel endorses Scott Israel’s suspension as sheriff »
    Ultimately, the filing argues that the “highly partisan removal” violated Israel’s due process rights, and that DeSantis failed to prove that Israel neglected his duty or displayed incompetence.

Israel, who is running for sheriff again in 2020, weighed in via a statement sent by his lawyer, Ben Kuehne.
    “I committed to all the people of Broward County that I would work hard every day to Serve and Protect. I am doing exactly that, and intend to show all Broward residents that I am humbled by their trust and confidence in my law enforcement service."

The governor’s office noted that it had yet to be served papers in the matter, but that it would review the complaint.

Senate President Galvano’s office could not be reached for comment.

Unregistered
    That Gov.DeSantis has ordered FDLE, to leave no Stone unturned as it relates to Carmine's criminal investigation and the criminal investigation of Daddy Marceno too.

Sheriff's Israel's legal team is fully aware of Carmine's legal woes, and they will be issuing a subpoena for all of the docs in Carmine's case once closed.

Expect a Multi count Criminal Indictment at the State & Federal Level of Carmine and Daddy Marceno, in the coming months!

Gov. DeSantis, wont let his rear end exposed, because he knows what's a stake for his Personal Political Career, and that everyone knows the LCSO Fiasco !!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered

Good job Gov DeSantis

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Scott Israel sues in federal court to be reinstated as Broward sheriff

By MARIO ARIZA
    SOUTH FLORIDA SUN SENTINEL |
    NOV 23, 2019 | 6:58 PM

Scott Israel, the former sheriff of Broward County, has sued Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Senate President Bill Galvano in federal court.

Calling his suspension from office “little more than a sham and mockery of fairness and due process,” Scott Israel, the former sheriff of Broward County, has sued Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Senate President Bill Galvano in federal court.

The lawsuit, filed at about 11 p.m. Friday in the Northern District of Florida, asks U.S. District Court Judge William Stafford to reinstate Israel to his post, or — barring that — to set up an adjudication process that does not violate Israel’s due process rights.

Israel was suspended by DeSantis three days after the governor took office. The pretext for the dismissal was Israel’s handling of the January 6, 2017 shooting at the Fort Lauderdale airport and the February 14, 2018 massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. The shootings resulted in five and 17 deaths, respectively.
    Who are the key players in the Scott Israel political drama ...

Israel looked for relief from his suspension in the Florida legislature, which appointed a special master to look into the matter.

Israel also sought to have his suspension overturned via a lawsuit in the state courts, but the Florida Supreme Court sided with DeSantis on the matter.

Though the special master appointed by the Florida legislature recommended that Israel be reinstated this September, the Florida Senate decided to uphold his suspension in a special session on Oct. 23.

In his federal court filings, Israel contends that new information was presented to the Florida Senate after the special master’s report but before the special session on his suspension. The former sheriff contends that he was not given “any meaningful opportunity to investigate, contest, or respond to the (new) information.”

As Parkland families watch, Florida Senate panel endorses Scott Israel’s suspension as sheriff »
    Ultimately, the filing argues that the “highly partisan removal” violated Israel’s due process rights, and that DeSantis failed to prove that Israel neglected his duty or displayed incompetence.

Israel, who is running for sheriff again in 2020, weighed in via a statement sent by his lawyer, Ben Kuehne.
    “I committed to all the people of Broward County that I would work hard every day to Serve and Protect. I am doing exactly that, and intend to show all Broward residents that I am humbled by their trust and confidence in my law enforcement service."

The governor’s office noted that it had yet to be served papers in the matter, but that it would review the complaint.

Senate President Galvano’s office could not be reached for comment.
    It means DeSantis will get re-elected, he's got a responsibility to protect the citizens of Florida and if removing people he feels are unfit to do their job so be it!

Unregistered

******* is an imbecile

It means a loser like ******* will remain a loser
    How did he pass the bar??
    Amira does a great job.
    Good thing people in lee county are smart
    They voted out shoap
    They will keep current Sheriff by 85-90% of vote

Unregistered

God Bless the USA

It means a loser like ******* will remain a loser
    How did he pass the bar??
    Amira does a great job.
    Good thing people in lee county are smart
    They voted out shoap
    They will keep current Sheriff by 85-90% of vote
    I know its a foreign concept, but ******* served his country. Proudly.
    Can wear his uniform and medals, cuz they are legit not store bought.
    Hahahaha

Unregistered
    I know its a foreign concept, but ******* served his country. Proudly.
    Can wear his uniform and medals, cuz they are legit not store bought.
    Hahahaha
    The derogatory comments are a revelation of how many are worried that they invested heavily $$$$$$$ into a candidate that will be in Jail by November 2020 and daddy too ....

Unregistered
    None of it will matter. You have been deemed as “crazy people” in Tallahassee.

Unregistered

Would you guys support an outsider?

Having worked for a police department for twenty five years and a sheriff's office for five years, I understand the difference between the political side of law enforcement as a deputy compared to being appointed as an officer who has no fear of being fired after every term. With that said, your house is divided by the current corruption and the alleged incompetence of the opposition. So maybe a candidate with no ties to the agency or political ties to the region might be an acceptable option for the election. That way everyone gets a clean shot. Someone who cares about doing the right thing for the average road and correctional deputy. You guys have families to feed and mortgages to pay. Who speaks for you? I was always a road dog or a street detective. I turned down promotions to management because I loved chasing bad guys. I never went to the FBI Academy and most of us know that doesn't make you special because everyone who goes into the higher command ranks feels compelled to go. There are plenty of people just like me in Lee County that are totally qualified to run against the "good ole boys."

So, maybe its time for an outsider to get this agency back on its feet and cut you guys loose to do the real job of catching bad guys. Screw the politics! When we become strong, the voters will have to listen.

Question? Do you have an association that represents the deputies? And, if you do, are you intimidated by the command staff in participating? No problem, we can always start our own secret association to get this job done. I am looking forward to your input, good or bad. This doesn't mean that I necessarily want to run. There may be others who might like to throw their hats in the ring. In the end, I just want to save this agency. You guys deserve better! Stay safe!

Unregistered

Crazyyyyy

Having worked for a police department for twenty five years and a sheriff's office for five years, I understand the difference between the political side of law enforcement as a deputy compared to being appointed as an officer who has no fear of being fired after every term. With that said, your house is divided by the current corruption and the alleged incompetence of the opposition. So maybe a candidate with no ties to the agency or political ties to the region might be an acceptable option for the election. That way everyone gets a clean shot. Someone who cares about doing the right thing for the average road and correctional deputy. You guys have families to feed and mortgages to pay. Who speaks for you? I was always a road dog or a street detective. I turned down promotions to management because I loved chasing bad guys. I never went to the FBI Academy and most of us know that doesn't make you special because everyone who goes into the higher command ranks feels compelled to go. There are plenty of people just like me in Lee County that are totally qualified to run against the "good ole boys."

So, maybe its time for an outsider to get this agency back on its feet and cut you guys loose to do the real job of catching bad guys. Screw the politics! When we become strong, the voters will have to listen.

Question? Do you have an association that represents the deputies? And, if you do, are you intimidated by the command staff in participating? No problem, we can always start our own secret association to get this job done. I am looking forward to your input, good or bad. This doesn't mean that I necessarily want to run. There may be others who might like to throw their hats in the ring. In the end, I just want to save this agency. You guys deserve better! Stay safe!
    Go away Mike Zalinski, not interested!!!

Unregistered
    Well he was front and center at the MaDD press conference today so all you haters saying he disappeared and is going to resign were wrong