Jeff Bell rips Temp Tony today on 610 radio - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I like the PWT program...i park under a shady tree and talk to all the trees around me....the bad thing is they dont answer me when i ask them how they are doing....oh well i guess ill have to just ask other trees
    You're looking at this all wrong! Actually, you sir/madam are doing more than you could ever imagine. You park under a tree, thus saving the county fuel, you talk to the trees which feeds them carbon dioxide to assist them in growing, they in turn produce oxygen assisting all of us in breathing. So the rest of us owe you for your contributions. I for one say thank you.

Unregistered

Temporary Tony

Temporary is delusional. He has intoxicated himself with a false sense of empowerment. With all these false arrests and racial games, the union would be nuts to ever consider endorsing this guy. Kudos to Jeff for taking a stand again. I think even Jeff has come to realize as bad as he thought Israel was, this temporary is far worse.

Unregistered

Unregistered
    In Jeff's interview he said he would give Sheriff Tony the same opportunity that every other candidate will get to present themselves to the members to see who the union will back. I fully agree that he should be given that opportunity. So, what's the over / under that Sheriff Tony is a no show for the recorded interview? There is NO way he will answer the tough questions, let alone on video. I believe Tony thinks be doesn't need the membership or union to back him. Just thinking outloud!

Unregistered
    In Jeff's interview he said he would give Sheriff Tony the same opportunity that every other candidate will get to present themselves to the members to see who the union will back. I fully agree that he should be given that opportunity. So, what's the over / under that Sheriff Tony is a no show for the recorded interview? There is NO way he will answer the tough questions, let alone on video. I believe Tony thinks be doesn't need the membership or union to back him. Just thinking outloud!
    I will give Jeff a thousand dollars if he starts the interview with an authoritative “good morning!”

Unregistered
    DOES Tony need the union to back him?

The union, with a strong no confidence vote wasn't able to influence the removal of a sheriff last year. Many of the rank and file voters live in PB or Dade. It would be great if voters would assess candidates through the eyes of the R&F and consider the importance of morale, but they don't seem to. Jeff has been a great leader, and he'd actually make a good Sheriff, but where does he go from here in terms of supporting a candidate ? He seems to pointing out what's not good, but he's not pointing folks to where they need to look, today.

Unregistered
    DOES Tony need the union to back him?

The union, with a strong no confidence vote wasn't able to influence the removal of a sheriff last year. Many of the rank and file voters live in PB or Dade. It would be great if voters would assess candidates through the eyes of the R&F and consider the importance of morale, but they don't seem to. Jeff has been a great leader, and he'd actually make a good Sheriff, but where does he go from here in terms of supporting a candidate ? He seems to pointing out what's not good, but he's not pointing folks to where they need to look, today.
    I think people realize the union represents the rank and file. And when there’s a problem with a Union and the sheriff, it’s more indicative of a problem with the deputies and the sheriff. I think most voters can figure that out, and realize that’s not in their best interests.

If there’s inner turmoil in a sheriffs office, that’s going to directly effect the quality of service they receive from their sheriffs office. And there has been nothing but turmoil with this guy from the jump. He’s not qualified and doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Unregistered
    The ONLY way the union could influence voters is by endorsing a sheriff candidate on a billboard and of course via media announcements. Then, that may shake things up for TT. Other than that Temporary is the slightest bit concerned about what the union has to say. Would also be helpful if the totally useless PBA endorsed the same person also.

Unregistered
    This sheriff has been arrogant from day one. If you think the union had no role in getting Israel removed then all you have to do is look back at whenTony was sworn in. IUPA was the only union at BSO standing with the Governor and family while Greg Tony was announced as Israel’s replacement. That is a powerful statement.

I don’t believe there is turmoil at all. How can there be if the Sheriff will not communicate with ANY of the unions? It’s not just DLE. We just happen to have the union that is vocal and has access to media, money and Tallahassee. If what this Sheriff has done does not scare the public, then I don’t know what to say. He violated his own policy and violates state law with going after the Parkland and Tamarac Deputies. He ignores tolling IA cases while criminal cases are proceeding and he is punishing DLE more than any other unit. How do we have Deputies on non paid status when command, IA and training say they did nothing wrong but CPIS people are still working while investigated for felonies????? If the Sheriff is willing to do this to his own people, what will he do to a civilian that knows less about the law.

Israel was clearly incompetent, this guy is just clueless. They are completely different in definition but obtain the same result for the troops and civilians

Unregistered
    Tony can say all he wants that he does not want the endorsement from Iupa and that’s ok. But will he accept or seek an endorsement from any of the other union in BSO. If he snubs all of the unions, maybe he is ok. If he only snubs DLE but accepts the FOPE or IAFF then it makes him look childish and foolish. Bell holds no more voting power than any other union member and that’s what sets IUPA’s endorsement above the others. IUPA is the only BSO union that allows the membership to vote. If Tony snubs DLE because he hates Bell, then it means he is taking a swing at all 1400 of us !!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast