Time for a change. PBA has to go!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Unregistered

Time for a change. PBA has to go!

Why should we stay with the PBA? The PBA is supposed to be organization that acts as an intermediary between its members and the Miami-Dade Police Department. The main purpose of the PBA is to give its members the power to negotiate for more favorable working conditions and other benefits through collective bargaining. The issue is that this is not being done anymore. Steadman Stahl and others campaigned that the PBA had major issues and that he and others needed to be voted into office to make the PBA great again. Steadman got the votes he needed and John Rivera and others were ousted and we were ready for the PBA to start the changes. We waited and waited and nothing happened. Myself and others have even said that the PBA has gotten worse.

The Miami-Dade Police Department has been overrun with Command Staff that violate the contract and do so willingly because they are in bed with the PBA. I have personally be involved, as a witness, where I was told by a PBA representative that I should not show up for a hearing and received pressure from both my command staff as well. This was not fair for the officer that clearly was being denied his due process. When I brought this up to someone that I know that is on the Board of the PBA, I found out that this was a common practice.

I have to agree with Steadman when he stated during his campaign that there has to be a change in the PBA and that change is now. I do not care that the PBA throughs gatherings, boating event and domino events. I was fair representation and want an union that will fight for me and my fellow members. As it stands right now we are having management defend us against management. All I have to say is that of course they are going to defend each other and their best interests.

I am friends with many of the PBA Board Members and elected officials and I am sad to announce that they have lost their purpose. I am, and ask you to, put your friendships aside and take the steps to remove the PBA as our bargaining unit.

Since PLEA, which now I found out is a part of IUPA, this is a win-win scenario. Meet with one of their staff and complete the card to let the PBA know that we are not happy with them.

Unregistered
    Aaaand another new thread created by the PLEAons. Such desperation. Ok. Once again:

PLEA is a 35 year frat party that has a grand total of 500 members. This equates to 14 new members a year! Due to retirement, that number is probably much less.

PLEA has spent countless months posting lies and garbage about everyone either involved or associated with the PBA for their benefit. They have even gone and blasted on this forum, on multiple threads, to sign up with them yet have offered zero meetings, not answered any questions and lie about their alleged new members. Truly disgraceful.

The icing on the cake for PLEA is the complete lack of professionalism for stating an officers name on this forum who was involved in a PCB investigation. Anyone with common sense knows that you don’t do that but again shows the childish behavior from an institution who wants our membership.

If you want change in the PBA, you vote for that change.

PLEA will continue to post unsubstantiated lies which they know can not be proven. This is their ONLY defense.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Why should we stay with the PBA? The PBA is supposed to be organization that acts as an intermediary between its members and the Miami-Dade Police Department. The main purpose of the PBA is to give its members the power to negotiate for more favorable working conditions and other benefits through collective bargaining. The issue is that this is not being done anymore. Steadman Stahl and others campaigned that the PBA had major issues and that he and others needed to be voted into office to make the PBA great again. Steadman got the votes he needed and John Rivera and others were ousted and we were ready for the PBA to start the changes. We waited and waited and nothing happened. Myself and others have even said that the PBA has gotten worse.

The Miami-Dade Police Department has been overrun with Command Staff that violate the contract and do so willingly because they are in bed with the PBA. I have personally be involved, as a witness, where I was told by a PBA representative that I should not show up for a hearing and received pressure from both my command staff as well. This was not fair for the officer that clearly was being denied his due process. When I brought this up to someone that I know that is on the Board of the PBA, I found out that this was a common practice.

I have to agree with Steadman when he stated during his campaign that there has to be a change in the PBA and that change is now. I do not care that the PBA throughs gatherings, boating event and domino events. I was fair representation and want an union that will fight for me and my fellow members. As it stands right now we are having management defend us against management. All I have to say is that of course they are going to defend each other and their best interests.

I am friends with many of the PBA Board Members and elected officials and I am sad to announce that they have lost their purpose. I am, and ask you to, put your friendships aside and take the steps to remove the PBA as our bargaining unit.

Since PLEA, which now I found out is a part of IUPA, this is a win-win scenario. Meet with one of their staff and complete the card to let the PBA know that we are not happy with them.
    Yes yeah yeah. 35 years with 500 members is a real win win. Not to mention they blasted an officers name on here of a PCB investigation. Dream on Soto and Domingo. Love how you all create new threads of the same garbage! Lol

Unregistered
    I couldn’t agree more with the original post here. The PBA has gotten worse. I voted against Rivera based on what these guys told us. I believed them only to find out it wasn’t true.
    But change is always good so I was satisfied with my decision. However, the PBA has gotten worse and it’s difficult to find anyone that is happy with them. I don’t know IUPA but willing to give them a try. They already represent other agencies and do a great job.

Unregistered
    I couldn’t agree more with the original post here. The PBA has gotten worse. I voted against Rivera based on what these guys told us. I believed them only to find out it wasn’t true.
    But change is always good so I was satisfied with my decision. However, the PBA has gotten worse and it’s difficult to find anyone that is happy with them. I don’t know IUPA but willing to give them a try. They already represent other agencies and do a great job.
    I’m happy with the PBA. Extremely happy! PLEAons posting garbage again.

Unregistered
    Just do your homework. No matter if you stay with PBA or move on. Just beware that ZERO information is being provided by PLEA.

Unregistered
    I simply don’t even understand why anyone thinks they need to be a member of PBA OR any other. I am NOT and have been this way since the last 4 years. I am protected by statute of officer bill of rights. Read it ! It’s the one good thing the old PBA did! Also if I want to file a grievance I can and I can do everything too just by using the current collective bargaining unit. If I ever need a lawyer, why I’m earth would I use any lawyer that may influenced by the department. Wake up people! You don’t need a UNION ANYMORE. This ain’t the 1950’s people.

Unregistered
    I simply don’t even understand why anyone thinks they need to be a member of PBA OR any other. I am NOT and have been this way since the last 4 years. I am protected by statute of officer bill of rights. Read it ! It’s the one good thing the old PBA did! Also if I want to file a grievance I can and I can do everything too just by using the current collective bargaining unit. If I ever need a lawyer, why I’m earth would I use any lawyer that may influenced by the department. Wake up people! You don’t need a UNION ANYMORE. This ain’t the 1950’s people.
    Very true.

Unregistered
    Very very true. I’m sure you can find attorneys that for a small retainer fee will be there at your disposal should you need help.

Unregistered
    Very very true. I’m sure you can find attorneys that for a small retainer fee will be there at your disposal should you need help.
    Never heard of that one. Especially and attorney for a small fee. Lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast