Yes or No? With detailed explanation!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unregistered

Yes or No? With detailed explanation!

So I’m a old school style officer who doesn’t stand for any bologna! Not afraid to use force if needed and can easily articulate it! Think your office will hire me?

Unregistered
    The community doesn’t want some knuckle dragging ape running around beating people. Go to Alabama with the other racist hillbilly morons. Detailed enough, azzhole???

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    So I’m a old school style officer who doesn’t stand for any bologna! Not afraid to use force if needed and can easily articulate it! Think your office will hire me?
    Go to TPD. The are allowed to be cops.

Unregistered
    Unless you want to be on a shorthanded squad running around like a chicken with your head cut off for 12 hours, if you are lucky, being the county’s free quasi therapist, social worker, and answer to everyones problems, go elsewhere.

Find an agency thats not scared to let you be a cop.

Unregistered
    The community doesn’t want some knuckle dragging ape running around beating people. Go to Alabama with the other racist hillbilly morons. Detailed enough, azzhole???
    Where do you get racist from the post.

All that did is tell everyone that you are an idiot.

Unregistered
    Unless you want to be on a shorthanded squad running around like a chicken with your head cut off for 12 hours, if you are lucky, being the county’s free quasi therapist, social worker, and answer to everyones problems, go elsewhere.

Find an agency thats not scared to let you be a cop.
    You need to work on time management, handle one call at a time. Be methodical. If you get told to come back into service before you done, reflect that in your report. Sgt, LT instructed me to abandon the call, investigation was not complete.

Unregistered
    You need to work on time management, handle one call at a time. Be methodical. If you get told to come back into service before you done, reflect that in your report. Sgt, LT instructed me to abandon the call, investigation was not complete.
    Good point, but we should not have to do that. This is a 170 year old massive agency that talks a whole lot of talk. Plus my supervisors don't play those games. They are good people and are just as busy. Its the sheer busyness when things blow up mid day with no mid shift and not enough units on the street. Its a logistical problem that can only be fixed at the executive staff level. This cant be sustained long term for an officer without some kind of side effect. Physical health, mental health, productivity, attention to detail, resignations, professionalism, and so on. Every deputy I work with has become a master of time management, but its not enough. They are burned out. It simply can not be done when there is physically not enough time due to not enough units. This agency’s priorities are way off.

Unregistered
    Every thread, no matter the topic of frustration boils down to this...

Everyone that I knew that had quit and have spoken with prior to their resignations, regardless of the politically correct BS the told the brass, did so because they were burned out. Plain and simple. You can not distribute such a high emotional stressful load on only a few deputies and expect perfection and professionalism. Professionalism erodes when you are mentally exhausted. This place needs to get it together where it counts.

What needs fixing lies in why so many people have quit this agency. Not the job, but this agency. Debrief those that have resigned and you will see many commonalities. A good honest to god heart to heart debrief. Not some, say the right thing or be black ball’ed garbage.

Unregistered
    Every thread, no matter the topic of frustration boils down to this...

Everyone that I knew that had quit and have spoken with prior to their resignations, regardless of the politically correct BS the told the brass, did so because they were burned out. Plain and simple. You can not distribute such a high emotional stressful load on only a few deputies and expect perfection and professionalism. Professionalism erodes when you are mentally exhausted. This place needs to get it together where it counts.

What needs fixing lies in why so many people have quit this agency. Not the job, but this agency. Debrief those that have resigned and you will see many commonalities. A good honest to god heart to heart debrief. Not some, say the right thing or be black ball’ed garbage.
    Thank you for excellent idea on what needs fixing, especially the original idea about debriefing those who have quit. Our university panel has made a public records request for the names and contact information for all who have resigned in the last five years. We will then conduct debrief interviews as you suggested. We will then provide the results of our analysis to the executive staff. This will be provided on toilet paper to make your ideas actually useful.

Unregistered

Although complete and thorough investigations are time consuming, the time spent on investigations is nothing compared to the exponentially longer amount of time spent on report writing (and other administrative b.s., impounds, photos, videos, emails, etc., etc., etc.,)

The reports must be meticulous and flawless.

We even have a LT., who when she was a Cpl. made her entire squad write memos to the Maj. when a comma was missing, or a word was misspelled, on reports.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast