PTSD article in Herald - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Unregistered
    Do emdr therapy. Look it up

Unregistered
    EMDR sounds good for PTSD and those who are suffering from recalling specific events. But not as a whole when dealing with stress anxiety and anger.

Unregistered
    To the person thinking of going, do it if you need to. I’m like you. I’m sensitive and the things I’ve seen over the past 20+ years has taken its toll. They set it up so everyone comes in at different times and in a year I’ve only been in the waiting room once when someone else was there. And I’ve only once ran into someone in the parking lot. But everyone is there for the same reason so you just go about your day and don’t mention it. I knew one of the people so we spoke and it was nice because we work close to each other and we can always just give each other a little pat on the back and it’s comforting. And At the end of the day who really cares? People can go pound sand if they have something to say about it. Get the help, feel better, and be a better parent, spouse, whatever. Be a happier version of you. That’s all that matters. And if I was in the same room with you and someone said something to you, I would stand right there with you. I’m right there with you now. We all are. Be well

Unregistered
    The only sound therapy that ive heard if for ptsd is cognitive behavioir therapy.
    This you can do on your own if you are resesrch saavy and proactive to take the needed time for it.
    You have had trauma in some way shape or form (bullied, backstabbed, hurt) or on the job view of crime and it has broken your spirit. This goes to a level deep beyond physical.
    One symptom is a replay of the events over and over with an inability to let go ofbthe cause or effects around the situation.
    The therapy is a self improvement to retrain yourself to remove the negativity, forgive, and get back on top performance positive tract.

Many successful people have run into this as well. So, your not a selected pick.

Mattet fact, much damage in human society is believed to be those perpetuating without healing....other slopes to slide to.

Try to improve yourself constantly, therw are alot if free resources on youtube, etc for motivation.

Blue needs to stay focused positive and strong. You will have a career or retirement to follow and its important to stay healthy in mind and body.

Unregistered
    It is about time PTSD in law enforcement is acknowledged and taken seriously. I just hope the brass in the Florida Panhandle sees some of this and start to take it seriously. It should not be treated as a negative when someone needs to talk to someone without feeling they could lose their job for being "unstable".

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    That was one of my issues. I had to leave a unit after I got into with the clique that took over. When I went to a new unit I was constantly looking over my shoulder worried I was going to piss someone off and get transferred. I would drive home and think of everything that I did/said and worry what I could get in trouble for. Sounds crazy but yeah. It’s what started me down my path. And I was one of the most competent investigators in the unit lol and here I am worried about getting booted. I’ve never been in some crazy shooting or anything but after 20+ years the deaths, the despair, etc takes a toll. Talking helps. To a friend, spouse, or a professional. Just don’t keep it locked up inside until it ruins your life.

PS please let’s keep the union and other crap off this thread. This is a very serious topic and I don’t want someone who needs help to read this and feel like they will be made fun of or something. It took me several years to seek help and my life is so much better. I’m a better spouse and parent to my kids.
    Have you read this blog, most people here suffer from some type of mental illness.

Unregistered
    Have you read this blog, most people here suffer from some type of mental illness.
    Hahahahahahahha

Unregistered
    So you’re making fun of people that have mental issues?

Unregistered
    How can we obtain treatment for PTSD at Psyc. Services where just a couple of months ago they had a certified moron named Mark Martinez acting as a full fledge psychologist? The religious fanatic’s favorite type of treatment was referring his patients to his personal Church! He is two bits away from the nut house himself. Seek professional health elsewhere for good sake.

Unregistered
    How can we obtain treatment for PTSD at Psyc. Services where just a couple of months ago they had a certified moron named Mark Martinez acting as a full fledge psychologist? The religious fanatic’s favorite type of treatment was referring his patients to his personal Church! He is two bits away from the nut house himself. Seek professional health elsewhere for good sake.
    Wow is this for real?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast