PTSD article in Herald - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stay strong brother, I for one am proud of you for fighting the demons. Some of us are well aware of the issues and are here for you. May God bless you and keep you safe and strong.
    Thank you. I’m in a much better place mentally and knowing that “real” cops will stand with me no matter what means the world.

Unregistered
    Stay strong brother, I for one am proud of you for fighting the demons. Some of us are well aware of the issues and are here for you. May God bless you and keep you safe and strong.
    You aren’t alone. There’s a silent group of us that completely understand. Thanks for reminding people that help is out there

Unregistered
    It’s disgusting how the Director always finds a way to put a spin on things & thank the community. It’s all about the community, f the troops. A lot of cops these days suffer from PTSD & anxiety because of his poor decisions. One wonders how many more victims of undeserving punishments we’ll have before this clown leaves.

Unregistered
    Leadership will always be a challenge. Some are better than others but the point is help is available. I’ve opened up to a couple of people and found support I wasn’t expecting. Even here a couple have posted supporting comments. That’s what we need to focus on. I’m the article JP thanks the community was not what I wanted to hear from him. I would have liked to have read how he supports the officers and guaranteed nothing negative would come to those who sought help but he didn’t say that. He said something else. So be it. We the officers and immediate supervisors need to stick together and make sure the ones who need help get it and they feel safe doing so. That’s the point that needs to get through. Not JP or the union etc.

Unregistered
    It’s disgusting how the Director always finds a way to put a spin on things & thank the community. It’s all about the community, f the troops. A lot of cops these days suffer from PTSD & anxiety because of his poor decisions. One wonders how many more victims of undeserving punishments we’ll have before this clown leaves.
    He missed the train. Out of touch. Talks a good game but, has his own political ties to make the man happy. We are just a number.

Unregistered
    Most PTSD damage in this department is not caused by the things we see and do at the calls we are dispatched to. No, our PTSD comes from the betrayal of supervisors intent on going up the chain and screwing us every chance they get to reach their objective. What else can be said about the JPs and the Andy Glass’ of this world? They are not men. They are willing servants to corrupt politicians and intent on using their rank for a raise or a promotion. People like that care very little about the damage they do to other human beings but then again, they are not men so what can we expect?

Unregistered
    Most PTSD damage in this department is not caused by the things we see and do at the calls we are dispatched to. No, our PTSD comes from the betrayal of supervisors intent on going up the chain and screwing us every chance they get to reach their objective. What else can be said about the JPs and the Andy Glass’ of this world? They are not men. They are willing servants to corrupt politicians and intent on using their rank for a raise or a promotion. People like that care very little about the damage they do to other human beings but then again, they are not men so what can we expect?
    It’s obvious your a civilian loser. Go screw yourself!

Unregistered
    The betrayal really does contribute to some of these symptoms. You think you know someone until they begin climbing the ranks. I have been disappointed one too many times. This last era has been the worst.

62% increase in visits to Psych services since 2014, right when JP became Deputy Director. Ironic isn’t it?

You have MDPD Psych Services & Habsi telling the media there are serious issues here & this administration continues to not act on it.

Unregistered
    It’s obvious your a civilian loser. Go screw yourself!
    What is obvious is you are one of those power hungry supervisors who cause PTSD. Hell holds a special place for you back climber.

Unregistered
    Snyone who needs help please get it this job will do anyone wrong

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast