PTSD article in Herald - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Unregistered
    I’m here with you Old enough not to give a sh!t what people thing. PTSD is alive and well (unfortunately)

Please find a way to cope with it and get better. May not ever leave but you can learn to manage it

My heart and my soul is damaged but still functions Everyone stay safe and do whatever it takes to cope and feel better. My prayer and thought with my brothers and sisters in blue 🙏🙏🙏

Unregistered
    Here we see and read the pain and suffering that goes unspoken by our brothers and sisters. Yet a site like this can provide the opportunity for sick and hateful people to tear down a fellow member of the profession. Look at the positive benefits this site can also bring in the form of understanding and compasión for someone seeking help.

My fellow colleagues please use this site wisely. Use it for good and for the benefit of our profession. Don’t resort to slander even if what you say is true. It solves nothing but placing hate in your heart. You were not made to hate but to help and be a positive force in peoples lives.

Unregistered
    Next study is going to be on Alcoholism in police departments...They area going to use Stahl as the specimen #1

Unregistered
    The poster above me. Do you feel good now that you have cast judgement on stahl? You have no proof no video nothing to offer. When you look at your kids or better yet, your parents now or in heaven, how will you be judged? Is that how you were raised? Cut the bull crap already slandering folks. It solves nothing and hollows you man. Get it already. You’re better than this I’m sure.

Unregistered
    For those that insist on blaming JP or this or using this as an opportunity to continue to make everything his fault, it’s obvious what your motive is and you couldn’t be further from the mark. Policing in this country has gotten extremely difficult the last 5-10 years as we are at war with the liberals Everyone has a boss and just look at agencies around the country dealing with being told what to do by politicians.

This issue PTSD is real and coming from someone who has interviewed hundreds of officers following traumatic incidents, officers are no different than civilians and just because you went through an academy and a training curriculum doesn’t mean you are able to process the stuff you deal with. The real issue is most officers walk around like Barney bad-ass talking a lot of crap about what they’ve done and seen when they truly haven’t seen crap.

The correlation between the profession just any other stressful job at certain moments and alcoholism is real and that will be the next ugly topic revealed and brought to the forefront.

Be safe and take care of each other.

Unregistered
    Stahl says F*ck PTSD all you need is a bottle of Jack Daniels and you’ll be fine

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Stahl says F*ck PTSD all you need is a bottle of Jack Daniels and you’ll be fine
    Fat John go pay your child support to Blanca and drink some grey goose

Unregistered
    Most PTSD damage in this department is not caused by the things we see and do at the calls we are dispatched to. No, our PTSD comes from the betrayal of supervisors intent on going up the chain and screwing us every chance they get to reach their objective. What else can be said about the JPs and the Andy Glass’ of this world? They are not men. They are willing servants to corrupt politicians and intent on using their rank for a raise or a promotion. People like that care very little about the damage they do to other human beings but then again, they are not men so what can we expect?
    What are you talking about? NS has probably some of the best and worst gold badges at the moment and no one is F-ing PTSD from bad supervisors. It's the crazy shit day in and day out that messes people up. 5-6 shootings a week per shift little kids getting shot mangled bodies. I'm sorry to hear your Sgt in Midwest wasn't nice to you. We signed up for it and don't complain, dosent mean I have to hear you whine and stay quiet.

Unregistered
    For those that insist on blaming JP or this or using this as an opportunity to continue to make everything his fault, it’s obvious what your motive is and you couldn’t be further from the mark. Policing in this country has gotten extremely difficult the last 5-10 years as we are at war with the liberals Everyone has a boss and just look at agencies around the country dealing with being told what to do by politicians.

This issue PTSD is real and coming from someone who has interviewed hundreds of officers following traumatic incidents, officers are no different than civilians and just because you went through an academy and a training curriculum doesn’t mean you are able to process the stuff you deal with. The real issue is most officers walk around like Barney bad-ass talking a lot of crap about what they’ve done and seen when they truly haven’t seen crap.

The correlation between the profession just any other stressful job at certain moments and alcoholism is real and that will be the next ugly topic revealed and brought to the forefront.

You lost the reader in your second paragraph. You should not post such crap. How can you speak for anyone? Everyone handles stress differently. Go back to some training you sound like that Barney bad ass you refer too.

Unregistered

Vic Milan with another gem

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast