Name two things you want improved - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Name two things you want improved

I have a car with no spare. Since getting it Ive had about 1 sidewall puncture per year. I hope they at least give us a place for a spare if we want it. .

Unregistered

It can be helped...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Bring in an outside Chief with qualifications, no baggage or political favors
    You are probably right,, but what you might be suggesting is a disruptor. Is that what you want? You are seeing the effects of what a guy like trump can do...he was hired to disrupt but 50% is fighting that.

As with any organizational behaviour there is a threebstep technique. It has to be dealt with buy in. If majority if the agency is willing to undergo change as the people suggest it is three steps.

1. Problem definition
    2. Analysis
    3. Action planning

What is well known with govt agencies unlike sussessful corps is that corps bring in outside consultants to do this work. For obvious reasons.

I left an assignment in govt bc the place was in such shambles unless an arms length decision maker from outside stepped in , it was not going to operate at high efficiancy.

Buy in needs to have signed agreements for open thinking. Explaination and training that gets shared with all. No one can feel left out.

This organization was fearful of losing control and sought to limit share of new Models.
    Especially in law enforcement, where even the basic APCFB model counts.

Ill leave a freebie here for leadership to look into. The model explains the cognitive process of linking external events to empliyee behavior.

Effective mangers get trained and understand that:
    Assumptions affect perceptions people have
    Those perceptionsa affect conclusions. Those conclusions prompt feelings. Ultimately those feelings drive behaviours that mangers observe.

Who at the agency is tackling this? Who is specialized in organizatiinal behaviour.?

We hear that leo,s are taught to believe that they can understanding anything. However, confounding forces within people prevent perfect communication and understanding.
    That is attributed to the filters that often prevent us from perceiving events accurately. Lawyers look for these filters.

In the same tune, filters also prevent us from acting out our true desires. Internal defense mechanisms act as additional filters to protect us from psychological damage.

A great consultant helps affect these assumptions, the belief we hold about the way the world or other people or ourselves should or ought to be.

But with all due respect, assumptions make up our value system.
    You kniw these, expectations, beliefs, values.
    Expectations and tobsome extent beliefs can be changed through clear management intent and action.
    Values are deeply held assumptions that may be altered, if at all, only in time.

There is so much more to contribute, please advise if you want me to elaborate.
    You never know if someone can make us it.

Wish you guys success in continued improvements.

Unregistered
    Rocha to improve his attitude

Unregistered
    I agree with almost all, expect for the complaint part. If someone is messing up and it was discovered during a complaint, then that person needs to be counseled, shit, their supervisor is the one who should get the heat!
    You're either a supervisor or in investigations.

Unregistered
    You're either a supervisor or in investigations.
    Supervisor. I've probably returned more A forms then most others. The way I look at it is like this, if I let anyone on my crew slide with stupid half ass 39's then I fail them and leave room for a complaint to be sustained against them. I can care less for the small faction that disagree with me, **** you, I've been here for 14 years and I only have 1 complaint. If anyone on my crew gets a complaint I will handle it and get that person straightened out if its warranted. Most of the complaints are a misunderstanding and all I need to do is an attitude adjustment to a rookie, no biggie.

I want everyone to go home and I will not have blood on my hands by causing chaos like some of these idiots like Robert or Edward.

My advise to any of you hotheads, take it easy, in the end this is all politics and the government workers always loose. Look it up. Take your paycheck, invest it, save, and be safe put there.

Unregistered
    Supervisor. I've probably returned more A forms then most others. The way I look at it is like this, if I let anyone on my crew slide with stupid half ass 39's then I fail them and leave room for a complaint to be sustained against them. I can care less for the small faction that disagree with me, **** you, I've been here for 14 years and I only have 1 complaint. If anyone on my crew gets a complaint I will handle it and get that person straightened out if its warranted. Most of the complaints are a misunderstanding and all I need to do is an attitude adjustment to a rookie, no biggie.

I want everyone to go home and I will not have blood on my hands by causing chaos like some of these idiots like Robert or Edward.

My advise to any of you hotheads, take it easy, in the end this is all politics and the government workers always loose. Look it up. Take your paycheck, invest it, save, and be safe put there.
    Ortiz will bE the reason one of us dies out there.

Unregistered
    I would like more sex and drinking on duty!! Ha!ha!

Unregistered
    I want this board improved.

Unregistered
    Is funny to see how someone as soon as they become a supervisor because they bubble in the correct answer in a multiple choice test then suddenly become experts on arrest form and they become the most proactive employee the most morally correct but not before they get promoted , funny how life works ,oh well

Unregistered
    Is funny to see how someone as soon as they become a supervisor because they bubble in the correct answer in a multiple choice test then suddenly become experts on arrest form and they become the most proactive employee the most morally correct but not before they get promoted , funny how life works ,oh well
    Why don’t you bubble in the correct answer on the answer sheet yourself and get promoted?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast