Body cams
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Body cams

Unregistered

Body cams

Hello LEO Affairs

Yes it it true Homestead Police does not have body cam (Y E T !). No one has any problems or issues wearing body cams at HPD. The expense of cameras have even dropped however.... A BIG However... the major expense and manpower falls into the recovery of video, the storage of video, the review of video, and the dissemination of the video. Not to mention the repair and equipment / program upkeep.

These are additional needed positions/employees. The manpower and hours needed would potentially run into hundreds of thousands if not millions to operate. YES camera setup alone is less than a thousand per unit. But you have to look below the surface.
    HPD is still short staffed on officers needed on the streets

The City is trying to fill those gaps before implementing a body cam program

Makes sense. Would you buy 40 new police cars but only have 30 officers 🤷🏻*♂️

No hidden agenda just common sense

The newbie politicians and the two 🤡s want you to believe it’s so easy But don’t give you the facts

Unregistered

No

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello LEO Affairs

Yes it it true Homestead Police does not have body cam (Y E T !). No one has any problems or issues wearing body cams at HPD. The expense of cameras have even dropped however.... A BIG However... the major expense and manpower falls into the recovery of video, the storage of video, the review of video, and the dissemination of the video. Not to mention the repair and equipment / program upkeep.

These are additional needed positions/employees. The manpower and hours needed would potentially run into hundreds of thousands if not millions to operate. YES camera setup alone is less than a thousand per unit. But you have to look below the surface.

The newbie politicians and the two 🤡s want you to believe it’s so easy But don’t give you the facts
    No and that is BS and you know it. There is alot of grant money out the that would pay for body cams. Now days most of the body cam company's now give free data storage. Also not only is the command staff against the body cams but there is a number of Officer too. They know once the have body cams they could end up in jail. So dont blow smoke up everyone's backside and call it sunshine.

Unregistered

Man power

Hello LEO Affairs

You want to talk about man power, ok let's. The Department would have a small amount more of man power if the chief would stop making up the do nothing position for his friends. Then you take them officer making police pay to do nothing and put them back on the road. If they dont like doing the police anymore then they go find another job they like better. Now let's talk about the free stuff the city gives away, like that grand opening. I bet that money could have paid one officer for a year.

Unregistered
    You see everyone. You can never satisfy these 🤡s. Always gonna b!tch and complain. If we went with body cam program immediately and had to cut officer numbers bu 6-10 officers. This same people would be on here and complaining that the City spent and wasted money on body cam program

This is a legitimate explanation but because it doesn’t fit into your agenda of propaganda gossip and hate. You condemn it

Pretty obvious.

This is why no one listens or heeds anything you saw or represent because there is no satisfying or compromise

Next 🤡

Unregistered

Bluff

You see everyone. You can never satisfy these 🤡s. Always gonna b!tch and complain. If we went with body cam program immediately and had to cut officer numbers bu 6-10 officers. This same people would be on here and complaining that the City spent and wasted money on body cam program

This is a legitimate explanation but because it doesn’t fit into your agenda of propaganda gossip and hate. You condemn it

Pretty obvious.

This is why no one listens or heeds anything you saw or represent because there is no satisfying or compromise

Next 🤡
    I'm calling you bluff, show the good people of Homestead the paperwork the you can't get grant money for the body cams. State your case to the people with facts not smoke and mirrors. The fact is the chiefs has stated openly that he will not get body cams. Now that BR is running on them you come up with this bs line of cost. Have fun working 7-11

Unregistered
    Again reading comprehension eludes you. The body cams units themselves is not the issue (cost etc) its everything behind the scenes

No need to present anything. We have done the research. Do your own.

You mouth shoots from the hip. Quick with no aim or thought

Better yet cut a check for the likely 3million dollars to run the entire program for the first 3 years (equipment, data and personnel)

Step to the plate

It’s always easier said then done

Unregistered

Like what

Again reading comprehension eludes you. The body cams units themselves is not the issue (cost etc) its everything behind the scenes

Better yet cut a check for the likely 3million dollars to run the entire program for the first 3 years (equipment, data and personnel)

Step to the plate

Ok what are the cost behind the scenes. Data is not it body cam companies give free storage win you use their camera. So if the cost of the cameras is not the problem your words and storage is not the problem. It must be personal, well that can't be because the camera company's come in and set it all up and provide training. So again you my friend are full of it.

Unregistered

3 mil

Step to the plate

3 mil for three years, let's just look at something here. The city give 400k a year to the Seminal theater, I think we can cut that and I think we can find more places too. What i got it we can't cut the city managers pay back a bit and his staff. What there is more how about some command staff pay, I think even one command staff position. Should I keep digging, I think the everyday Joe of Homestead would love to know what you make.

Unregistered
    3 mil for three years, let's just look at something here. The city give 400k a year to the Seminal theater, I think we can cut that and I think we can find more places too. What i got it we can't cut the city managers pay back a bit and his staff. What there is more how about some command staff pay, I think even one command staff position. Should I keep digging, I think the everyday Joe of Homestead would love to know what you make.
    Dig it up, we want to know those #s.

Also the personnel will be charged to the person requesting the records.

Busted in another lie. Y'all got anymore lies we can shoot down for you?

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast