Unregistered
    Nobody talks about the facts.
    you are right and that's disappointing

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nobody talks about the facts.
    you are right and that's disappointing
    What facts would those be?

The fact that Chief Rolle is a criminal who illegally falsifies and/or destroys records?

That Rolle has publicly said bodycams over his dead body?

That Rolle is so against accountability that he tried to have me arrested for lawfully recording him and making videos showing he is a criminal?

That Rolle has hired officers who were forced out of other departments as they too are criminals?

That Rolle covers for his criminal officers who abuse the citizens?

Yeah all these facts should be discussed.

Doc Justice

Unregistered
    So who likes the proposal to disband HPD and bring in MDPD?

Most of us would transfer over to MDPD and get better pay and benefits.

No more utterly corrupt brass to deal with, but we'd have to wear bodycams.

Unregistered

The problem

So who likes the proposal to disband HPD and bring in MDPD?

Most of us would transfer over to MDPD and get better pay and benefits.

No more utterly corrupt brass to deal with, but we'd have to wear bodycams.
    The problem with that would be slow response time in the City of Homestead. The Officer's in Homestead have no fear of body cams. Let me put this way the Officer that know how to do the job the right way dont fear them. The command staff fears them because it would make it hard to save their friend and family. The real problem with Homestead is the command staff and the friends and family running the show. I'm just talking here I could be wrong

Unregistered
    The problem with that would be slow response time in the City of Homestead. The Officer's in Homestead have no fear of body cams. Let me put this way the Officer that know how to do the job the right way dont fear them. The command staff fears them because it would make it hard to save their friend and family. The real problem with Homestead is the command staff and the friends and family running the show. I'm just talking here I could be wrong
    But bringing in MDPD would eliminate the command staff problem.

MDPD would have to hire a lot of cops. I doubt response time would go up.

Unregistered

Body Cams

Wait the Homestead police doesn’t have body cams? Didn’t they have something similar to a George Floyd? In their own community

Unregistered

Homestead is against Body Cams

They are opposed to Body Cams.

In 2017, they found 18 million for a new policing building completed in 2017

-In 2019 they bought 175 radios for the police that was funded by police impact fees

-34,149 calls for service last year

They can find the money 💰😎

Hello LEO Affairs

Yes it it true Homestead Police does not have body cam (Y E T !). No one has any problems or issues wearing body cams at HPD. The expense of cameras have even dropped however.... A BIG However... the major expense and manpower falls into the recovery of video, the storage of video, the review of video, and the dissemination of the video. Not to mention the repair and equipment / program upkeep.

These are additional needed positions/employees. The manpower and hours needed would potentially run into hundreds of thousands if not millions to operate. YES camera setup alone is less than a thousand per unit. But you have to look below the surface.
    HPD is still short staffed on officers needed on the streets

The City is trying to fill those gaps before implementing a body cam program

Makes sense. Would you buy 40 new police cars but only have 30 officers 🤷🏻*♂️

No hidden agenda just common sense

The newbie politicians and the two 🤡s want you to believe it’s so easy But don’t give you the facts

Unregistered
    The 🤡s keep bringing up grants. Well please write up a request for a grant for body cams and at least two years for personnel and program. Lead with action not your mouth. Don’t you think if any grant were available we would be all over it 🧐 it’s free money.

Always easy to runoff around the mouth versus knowing facts

Unregistered
    The 🤡s keep bringing up grants. Well please write up a request for a grant for body cams and at least two years for personnel and program. Lead with action not your mouth. Don’t you think if any grant were available we would be all over it 🧐 it’s free money.

Always easy to runoff around the mouth versus knowing facts
    Screw grants.

Just bring in MDPD already.

Let the good officers lateral, and the rest can kick rocks. I here Burger King is hiring.

Save literally millions per year, while getting bodycams and an oversight panel as a bonus.

Cut the fat out of the brass.

Get rid of the crooked cops Rolle hired who were booted from other departments.

Eliminate the unlawful weaponization and politicization of the police department.

Get better more professional management, and an agency actually responsive to citizen complaints.

The majority of officers would get better pay and benefits.

What's you counter offer? Bodycams and 5 cops with a tax increase?

Do you really hate the rank and file as well as citizens that much, or do you think Rolle and the brass is worth a tax increase and $4.5 million/year? What benefits are derived from this fiscal insanity?

You have a much bigger hill to climb selling your crap, than I do educating the public.

Have fun with that.

Doc Justice

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast