Applying? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Applying?

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    You have a great sense of humor given your poor choices. I don't ever see a circumstance where I would be exposed to raw stupidity, but who knows? This is a big state. Good luck in your quest for a purposeful life.
    What choice have I made???? Maybe you mean, I have several OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM since I’m far more qualified to advance than a recently promoted hotel shift security supervisor.

Keep the luck for yourself mate.

Unregistered
    You ask the same basic questions on several different forums. If you had any investigative ability, you would already know the type of response you will receive here. If you want useful answers, visit the agencies and get some insight by doing a ride a lo or talking with people that actually work there. You seem to be obsessed with "authority". I would suggest that is the last thing you should be concerned about. And No, FDLE isn't the highest paid.
    Everyone knows that answers you get from agencies and employees are going to be fluff... no one wants to talk about the troubles to people outside the Agency for several reasons.. it may come back to get them if they are honest for one. Also, are you going to tell someone the truth about the ugly treatment of some if you're on the other side of it? Or if you were one of the ones that has see it or experienced it, you don't want to bring it up to an outsider who may repeat what you said to someone who will carry it to the top, creating problems for the person being honest. Doesn't make sense and it won't happen. That's why you will get the (mostly) truth from these types of forums! It protects those exposing the powerful. The powerful are already protected by their power!

Let's face it, honesty at FDLE when it comes to personnel, treatment, problem management, and everything else is not going to be spewed by most that "actually work there" and don't have anonymity due to retaliation.

And God knows, there WILL be retaliation with this administration.. because they can get away with it (no accountability).

Unregistered

Alot of fluff here but

Everyone knows that answers you get from agencies and employees are going to be fluff... no one wants to talk about the troubles to people outside the Agency for several reasons.. it may come back to get them if they are honest for one. Also, are you going to tell someone the truth about the ugly treatment of some if you're on the other side of it? Or if you were one of the ones that has see it or experienced it, you don't want to bring it up to an outsider who may repeat what you said to someone who will carry it to the top, creating problems for the person being honest. Doesn't make sense and it won't happen. That's why you will get the (mostly) truth from these types of forums! It protects those exposing the powerful. The powerful are already protected by their power!

Let's face it, honesty at FDLE when it comes to personnel, treatment, problem management, and everything else is not going to be spewed by most that "actually work there" and don't have anonymity due to retaliation.

And God knows, there WILL be retaliation with this administration.. because they can get away with it (no accountability).
    No purpose behind what you took several minutes to write. Every place has it’s problems. The one thing that made any sense from what you wrote is that this forum is intended to protect whistleblowers and those who say it how it is, which is why OP asked the questions that were asked. Despite what the knucklehead after OP wrote, there are professional honest employees that will tell it how it is.

The other thing is, there are things that people can tolerate depending on their lifestyle (family or no family, residence location, hours etc) so maybe what may seem like a stupid move for most doesn’t mean it’s a stupid move for all.

So again, can someone answer OP questions? Domo arigato.

Unregistered
    I'm not interested in how the masses are treated.. of course the command is going to want to look good to the masses and in cases of high profile treatment (someone comes down with cancer, a spouse of an employee dies, etc.) they are going to step up and go above and beyond to look good. Guaranteed.

I want to know about how they treat the little guy, the one that actually needs protection from an over-aggressive supervisor, for example. Someone who has put their time in but is now not liked or has become a loner, a problem health person (overweight for one), or whatever you can think of. You know, the easy targets because the masses can and a lot of times do gang up on them, and the only thing they have to protect them is the higher ups. And the more time you have on with an Agency, the more likely you are going to fit into one of those categories. This doesn't mean you actually will, but the possibility is much greater.. more time, more exposure to people and events that can

THIS is how you really see the character of the executives at your Agency.

Who is going to tell you about stuff like this? Not the run of the mill employee who hasn't stirred the pot, been on the wrong side of office politics, or pissed someone off that has then gained rank only to immaturely target someone. Someone on this forum that can't speak out due to retaliation, someone from PBA, or those that know of employees that have experienced the true nature of the leaders in their Agency.

So, tell me again why I shouldn't be asking about FDLE here?

Unregistered
    I hear the closer an employee is to retirement, the more excited they get about running that employee out, like it's a game. Any truth?

Unregistered
    VERY true.....In the last 10-12 years almost EVERY SAC and ASAC has turned over and/or been run off, arrested, sued, and let go for violations. So many S/A, Inspectors and SAS are run off every year that only a hand full of REAL cops remain...Most are college grads who have never been in a fight, shooting, or foot pursuit in their lives....and 90% of them would have washed out of a real FTO program

Unregistered
    VERY true..... only a hand full of REAL cops remain...Most are college grads who have never been in a fight, shooting, or foot pursuit in their lives....and 90% of them would have washed out of a real FTO program
    Well this has been the case for decades.

Unregistered
    There is a higher percentage of them going after the grunts in the trenches... regular Agents in Investigations and Analysts in the lab.

And while it's very objectionable to be going after good, long term employees as if it's a sport, it's HOW THEY ARE DOING IT that is disgusting.

Unregistered
    Can you guys stop cars and cite?

Unregistered
    Can you guys stop cars and cite?
    Nope. You would need a UTC book for that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast