Who runs the spending budget? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Unregistered
    I would also like to know who is running the budget here? Is it the Chief? Is it Bud? Why the useless over training in the driving training at this PD?. Isn't that something you got in the basic police academy? But here, they do it over and over again each year? WTF? Why? A place where you mostly sit in a parking lot or drive the low speed limits on the streets of the campus. Pursuits are very limited by rules and do not happen here, and if they do, anyone knows the rules and the limited perimeters of when they can purse or not I hope. The only thing I see we get out of this training is the destruction of our take home cars, and running them to the max and destroying them. We learned this in the academy with dummy cars provided for training to run down and destroy. I would like to see the bill of the car repairs after the this type of training, it has to be UGE!.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would also like to know who is running the budget here? Is it the Chief? Is it Bud? Why the useless over training in the driving training at this PD?. Isn't that something you got in the basic police academy? But here, they do it over and over again each year? WTF? Why? A place where you mostly sit in a parking lot or drive the low speed limits on the streets of the campus. Pursuits are very limited by rules and do not happen here, and if they do, anyone knows the rules and the limited perimeters of when they can purse or not I hope. The only thing I see we get out of this training is the destruction of our take home cars, and running them to the max and destroying them. We learned this in the academy with dummy cars provided for training to run down and destroy. I would like to see the bill of the car repairs after the this type of training, it has to be UGE!.
    So quit....but I bet you won't.

Unregistered
    We have Driver training with full out, high speed pursuits and shooting scenarios why?

Send us out there and run through the mandated state requirements and go back to patrol. Stop trying to make this place something it's not.

In service patrol cars with over 100,000 miles on them are not the safest things to be doing this in, much less still be on patrol with.

Unregistered
    Just the word PURSUIT sends shivers down the (limited) spines of our quick to over react command staff.

They push an aggressive policing style but you can guarantee they will bend over and grab their ankles at the first sign of USF Administration questioning the situation. You will be thrown to the wolves regardless if you are right.

I'm sorry but I have lost all faith in the leadership of this Department after the big "Parking Space Investigation" Sure the officer who was involved is crazy but this whole thing was started by some low level administrator at CGS and our command went full stream ahead on an investigation over BULL SHYT.

Could you imagine a real police related incident occurring and these same people INVESTIGATING IT ?

Unregistered
    Just the word PURSUIT sends shivers down the (limited) spines of our quick to over react command staff.

They push an aggressive policing style but you can guarantee they will bend over and grab their ankles at the first sign of USF Administration questioning the situation. You will be thrown to the wolves regardless if you are right.

I'm sorry but I have lost all faith in the leadership of this Department after the big "Parking Space Investigation" Sure the officer who was involved is crazy but this whole thing was started by some low level administrator at CGS and our command went full stream ahead on an investigation over BULL SHYT.

Could you imagine a real police related incident occurring and these same people INVESTIGATING IT ?
    Exactly, still not sure what went on with all that, and why they would try to fire an officer over it. I was thinking of spending a career here, but it is a very weird place to work. It's not a stable police department to work for a career. You never know if you are the next one. Everyday you come to work, there could be an email of changing how things need to be done. It is not a stable work environment for a career as a police officer.

Unregistered
    So quit....but I bet you won't.
    "just quit the job" That is the typical answer from any complaint and answered by the Admin. It is why this forum is necessary. I take care of my car, and I don't want to run it like hell through a driver course that was taken in the basic academy and with dummy beat up cars and destroy mine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12