new promotions
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new promotions

Unregistered

new promotions

Some are real good.... SM, MJ, FF, some not so much.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Some are real good.... SM, MJ, FF, some not so much.
    Have to sprinkle in a few promotions based on merit and ability to keep up the illusion of a level playing field for the sheeple. Can't have all political, paramour and family dynasty promotions.

Unregistered
    Have to sprinkle in a few promotions based on merit and ability to keep up the illusion of a level playing field for the sheeple. Can't have all political, paramour and family dynasty promotions.
    Go back to the tree you hide under.

Unregistered
    I can see movement for potential major replacements in POB and IOB. Paul Carey, really? I guess making no decisions makes him appear smart. (Edited to comply with Terms of Use.) All that IOB experience makes him indispensable. Hahahahaha. He will be a great major next year (eye roll). Flip a coin on who will replace Halle next year. We made a new LT position yet again for a female, what a shock. The last one they did it for was promptly fired for DUI. I bet Sean cried over that loss. Let’s see what else, a mercy promotion for a CPID replacement LT. Some “family portrait” movement for down the road. I guess people who left IOB to be POB corporals got nothing for their efforts. I guess being a Narc is good enough to be a sergeant. I think the OP wasn’t far off base saying they like the appearance of a level playing field. The tests they give for promotion mean something when they decide it does. Why not just end the BS tests and take who you want? At least that would be honest. I think it’s funny that they promoted someone from sergeant to lieutenant when they couldn’t hack being an AID investigator and now they get to run SOD. When does their idiot spouse get the bump? This agency likes matched sets. Feel free to tell me how I am just jealous and got passed over. And go.....
    Last edited by Mod 100; 10-25-2019 at 09:00 PM.

Unregistered
    The new capts are great when was last time they saw anything close to police work

Unregistered
    All you newbies bucking for promotions have to understand they are based on political loyalty and everything else is secondary. You have to expose yourself to the right people and the right cliques to get ahead in this place.

Unregistered
    All you newbies bucking for promotions have to understand they are based on political loyalty and everything else is secondary. You have to expose yourself to the right people and the right cliques to get ahead in this place.
    Who cares! Do you get paid less due to these promotions? I don’t think so.

Unregistered
    I can see movement for potential major replacements in POB and IOB. Paul Carey, really? I guess making no decisions makes him appear smart. (Edited to comply with Terms of Use.) All that IOB experience makes him indispensable. Hahahahaha. He will be a great major next year (eye roll). Flip a coin on who will replace Halle next year. We made a new LT position yet again for a female, what a shock. The last one they did it for was promptly fired for DUI. I bet Sean cried over that loss. Let’s see what else, a mercy promotion for a CPID replacement LT. Some “family portrait” movement for down the road. I guess people who left IOB to be POB corporals got nothing for their efforts. I guess being a Narc is good enough to be a sergeant. I think the OP wasn’t far off base saying they like the appearance of a level playing field. The tests they give for promotion mean something when they decide it does. Why not just end the BS tests and take who you want? At least that would be honest. I think it’s funny that they promoted someone from sergeant to lieutenant when they couldn’t hack being an AID investigator and now they get to run SOD. When does their idiot spouse get the bump? This agency likes matched sets. Feel free to tell me how I am just jealous and got passed over. And go.....
    Grow up buttercup. It’s obvious your not quite ready.

Unregistered
    Who cares! Do you get paid less due to these promotions? I don’t think so.
    When promotions are based on politics and relationships it is a loss to the entire agency except for those being promoted. It's a morale killer, it turns decent people into lazy and disgruntled people, and it discourages those who are more deserving from trying to get promoted.

And actually I do get paid less due to these promotions because I wasn't promoted.

Unregistered
    When promotions are based on politics and relationships it is a loss to the entire agency except for those being promoted. It's a morale killer, it turns decent people into lazy and disgruntled people, and it discourages those who are more deserving from trying to get promoted.

And actually I do get paid less due to these promotions because I wasn't promoted.
    Other than it was not you that got promoted what’s wrong with these promotions? Seem fine to me. Actually seem pretty dam good considering who out there.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast